• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

To me the 5rd is close enough to flush, barely past the trigger guard, and even the 10rd is shorter than the pistol grip. How would it benefit a hunter for the magazine to be perfectly flush with the bottom of the mag well on a rifle like this? Serious question, I've been trying to figure out what part of my Cross is going to surprise me in a bad way on my upcoming mulie hunt but this one seems to be a non-issue.
I don't think the 5rd sticks out to far it's more that I don't need 5rds and just looking to slim/lighten where I could. Going with more 5rd mags with their special follower is probably the best option and they aren't any more than standard 5rd AICS Magpul mags. They easily could have made them $50 apiece if they wanted for the special follower.

I'm really trying to talk myself out of making this a 6CM for deer and antelope and better for small varmints. Or maybe a 20" 6.5CM Carbon6 barrel to squeeze a little more velocity/balance a little further forward.

I may have found the perfect grip for the Sig Cross. I saw someone in here mention not having a sling attachment point when the stock is folded.

PXL_20211020_195601593.jpg

Reactions: Wagonteeth
Finally got the parts to finish this bit. The magpul offset light mount is also fit great, but was not long enough the for quiver mount. The included Ergo MLok screw length does not contact the barrel.

Attachments

• PXL_20211023_155101266.jpg
    PXL_20211023_155101266.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 470
  • PXL_20211023_155111432.jpg
    PXL_20211023_155111432.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 309
  • PXL_20211023_155155084.jpg
    PXL_20211023_155155084.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 321
  • PXL_20211023_155227719.jpg
    PXL_20211023_155227719.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 362
  • PXL_20211023_155425857.jpg
    PXL_20211023_155425857.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 452
Reactions: Bluedog82
Got a Cross in 16” 308 a few days ago and hit the range for the first time yesterday. Overall it didn’t disappoint. <1” groups and same POI at 100 yards for 175FGMM and 115 Berger reloads I had on hand. The light weight definitely makes you work to manage recoil properly.

Two observations… I am not crazy about the mag release. With any other chassis I have been able to drop a mag while maintaining hand position and pushing forward with middle finger. Have to break grip and apply more pressure with thumb on the small mag release button inside trigger guard. Also, I am 5’10” and have the buttpad extended all the way out to not feel cramped up behind the rifle. I like it this way, but someone a whole lot bigger than me might have LOP issues?

Really like the fast bolt throw and the overall form factor of this rifle. Very small and portable, while not sacrificing adjustability. I’d recommend for sure, just as long as you’re not trying to turn it into something that it’s not.

Is that hard plastic, or a rubbery texture?
Does the sling work with the stock unfolded?
It is hard plastic. It also moved my hand down and back with the larger beaver tail which sets up my trigger finger more square.

The stock unfolds just fine with the sling clipped in. It does obviously hit the stock, but it works.

Reactions: rangerlong
Got a Cross in 16” 308 a few days ago and hit the range for the first time yesterday. Overall it didn’t disappoint. <1” groups and same POI at 100 yards for 175FGMM and 115 Berger reloads I had on hand. The light weight definitely makes you work to manage recoil properly.

Two observations… I am not crazy about the mag release. With any other chassis I have been able to drop a mag while maintaining hand position and pushing forward with middle finger. Have to break grip and apply more pressure with thumb on the small mag release button inside trigger guard. Also, I am 5’10” and have the buttpad extended all the way out to not feel cramped up behind the rifle. I like it this way, but someone a whole lot bigger than me might have LOP issues?

Really like the fast bolt throw and the overall form factor of this rifle. Very small and portable, while not sacrificing adjustability. I’d recommend for sure, just as long as you’re not trying to turn it into something that it’s not.
Can I ask if you went through the break in procedure as listed in the manual? I recently purchased a Cross in 308 and was planning on breaking it in this weekend, but I won’t bother if you’re getting numbers like that out of the box!

Any feedback on breaking in a Cross will be appreciated.

Reactions: Ed123hawaii
Just picked mine up today. Loving it so far. I mounted a March 1.5-15x in LaRue qd rings. Will add the Hellfire mount for my Dead Air Nomad L tomorrow and that’s it.. seems like a perfect little hunting rifle as-is.

For break in on my cross I cleaned after the first two three rd groups and again after the range session. Works like a champ for me now I clean about every 200 rds cleans super easy no copper build up few patches and it’s done

Ergo grip makes a wonderful option with a more upright angle than the factory grip. It is textured with rubber but the added thickness or swell for the palm is nice. The other option like this has the flange that covers the curve in the receiver like a regular AR grip.
View attachment 7731442
Yep this is the one I use on my cross, too. It’s a great grip

Just cant get over that dust cover on a bolt gun, so strange.

Well good news…they dropped it off of the actual production gun.

Ran into that issue this year. Had a fire burn thru part of the area we hunt. It was fine as baby powder and jammed up my kids gun once or twice.

So this is a very long thread with a lot of filler to sort through….

had anyone found a metal mag that works? Is the Cross follower a necessity?

Reactions: Stoweit
The Cross follower was a request to be able to port load single 6CM/6.5CM reliably, any AICS mag will work fine when feeding from the magazine. Regular Magpul mags, AI mags, Accurate Mag, etc. all work in mine.

The Cross follower was a request to be able to port load single 6CM/6.5CM reliably, any AICS mag will work fine when feeding from the magazine. Regular Magpul mags, AI mags, Accurate Mag, etc. all work in mine.

The metal MDT mags will not reliably feel the last round in mine.
Magpul ones and the mdt plastic ones do.

Love my Cross but just saw the release vid of the Seekins Hit….the Cross may be up for sale next year.

Love my Cross but just saw the release vid of the Seekins Hit….the Cross may be up for sale next year.

Looks very cool, but isn't the Hit going to be a long barreled, heavy, PRS/NRL focused comp rifle? Doesn't really seem like a competitor for the short barreled, lightweight hunting rifle niche the Cross occupies.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Looks very cool, but isn't the Hit going to be a long barreled, heavy, PRS/NRL focused comp rifle? Doesn't really seem like a competitor for the short barreled, lightweight hunting rifle niche the Cross occupies.
I would imagine you stick a proof carbon on it, with no barrel nut/hand guard setup that the cross has, you’ll have a more accurate system and probably close (maybe a touch more) to the same weight as the cross. I think you’d want to fill up all the rail slots with weights if you really wanted to run this in a PRS match.

I would imagine you stick a proof carbon on it, with no barrel nut/hand guard setup that the cross has, you’ll have a more accurate system and probably close (maybe a touch more) to the same weight as the cross. I think you’d want to fill up all the rail slots with weights if you really wanted to run this in a PRS match.

Maybe, I'd guess you're still a good bit heavier from the looks of it, even with a carbon barrel, but I can't find a weight for the Hit published anywhere. You're certainly close to either $2,800 or $3,300 depending on which version you started with, by the time you add a Proof to reduce the weight some.

It does look like a nice range rig, but it looks purpose built for PRS/NRL to me, and that seems to be how they are billing it, with no mention of weight or hunting focused advertising. Something like the Havak Element seems like more of a direct competitor to the Cross, although it is a bit lighter (unless you add a carbon barrel to the Cross then they might be fairly close).

Kudos to Seekins for putting a dust cover on the Hit though, definitely starts to seem like a better idea once your action gets filled with snow or grit in the back country a few times.

I found this video:

May not be the video discussed earlier, but yeah they are saying it’s a PRS rifle. They show a price of $3600 dollars, but that was from shot show 2020.

The quick change barrel is cool. It seems like it would be heavier with a longer barrel and over all more expensive. So kind of in a different marketing space in my opinion and not a direct competitor.

Cross Pigus.jpg

Liking the Cross 6.5CM so far. I'm not a real fan of gripping cold aluminum while hunting so I picked up some Centurion Arms M-lok panels. The adjustable LOP is indeed handy when you're in and out of bulky clothing. I loaded a few rounds of 129SST over Ramshot Hunter to get mine on paper and it hated them, which had me concerned. When I grabbed the 143ELDX/RL26 handloads I was using in my Bergara, everything straightened out. Also nice to find that my 200yd zero with the 143 load matches the same 200yd POI as some 129gr Hornady American Whitetail ammo I have on hand. I do think the mag release leaves a bit to be desired, and my trigger has just a touch of last-second creep that I hope will smooth out over time. Sig could have also dropped the barrel contour down a bit and flared the muzzle for a 5/8 thread. I'm sure it'll get shot a lot more when my can gets out of jail.

I do think the mag release leaves a bit to be desired
Yep like I mentioned above I’m having to break my firing grip and reach forward to push it with my thumb. I’d say it’s just about the only real disappointment with the chassis. Certainly something I can live with though.

Yep like I mentioned above I’m having to break my firing grip and reach forward to push it with my thumb. I’d say it’s just about the only real disappointment with the chassis. Certainly something I can live with though.
Upside to it is I have yet to see one fall out while hunting.

I am looking at one. I have a Tikka CTR in a KRG Bravo stock that would be getting sold off to fund the Cross, which the guy wants 1300 for. Is this a good exchange or is the cross an inferior rifle to the Tikka? I am kinda skeptical of the little rollers and stuff used in the bolt on the Cross. It seems unnecessarily complicated. Can't get my hands on the Cross yet so I figured I would ask here.
Thanks.

I am looking at one. I have a Tikka CTR in a KRG Bravo stock that would be getting sold off to fund the Cross, which the guy wants 1300 for. Is this a good exchange or is the cross an inferior rifle to the Tikka? I am kinda skeptical of the little rollers and stuff used in the bolt on the Cross. It seems unnecessarily complicated. Can't get my hands on the Cross yet so I figured I would ask here.
Thanks.
I have a cross and a tikka(bartlein carbon barrel setup). They are 2 different animals. If I had to keep only 1 it would be the tikka hands down. If you really want a super lightweight foldable setup than the cross is the better choice. Accuracy is gonna be equal. More aftermarket support for tikka. The bolt on the cross is nowhere near as smooth running.

Reactions: MK20 and poznan85
Thanks.
Depends on what you’re looking to use it for. Cross is nice and fills a niche, but overall, Tikka is a better precision rifle platform.

Thanks.
Other than the original recall, I haven’t heard of any big issues. I have about 400 rounds through mine and no problems.

I think the question though is what others have brought up. How do you want to use the rifle. Are you looking for a lighter 7 lb chassis rifle with a folding stock. Does a 16” or 18” barrel work?

There are better PRS rifles out there, including the new Hit, which is suppose to weight 11.5 lbs without the Arca rail, muzzle break and scope. It also has a 24” quick change barrel.

Reactions: jbuck88
I thought that that was the main point of the cross. It's a chassis hunting rifle. I shot a friend's and just picked up a 308 for my kids and wife to hunt with. There are several other options more tailored to prs or range play. My kid and wife would struggle with a 11lb+ hit.

I plan on loading up some 110gr barnes and it should be good to 300yds.

Reactions: Ed123hawaii
Well I just got a chance to go sight it in I threw on a Leupold VX5HD 2.5-10 that was collecting dust and went to the range with some FGMM 168gr ammo.

My first shot after bore sighting hit low, so I made my adjustments and used that hole for the next 4 rounds. Then aimed for the center and shot another 3 round group. After I tried without the can and shot the right side group.

All in all it's pretty good. I'm sure it would be better with a higher power scope. But now to work on some 110gr loads.

20211106_172125.jpg

Got around to sighting mine in (with the March 1.5-15) and shooting some steel yesterday. Great rifle… way more accurate than I am. The bolt seemed to get a little smoother after the first 40 rounds or so. Gonna need some blue loc-tite for the torx that attaches the stock, though.

After watching some YouTube videos I was really expecting a 1-1.5moa gun. So far I'm pretty happy. Got a load figured out on the slow side with 38gr of IMR 4198 using barnes 110gr ttsx. I also threw a Bushnell scope on for the range since the 10x hunting scope wasn't the best for shooting groups.

20211107_152917.jpg
Screenshot_20211107-162709_Range Buddy.jpg