• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Site Read First Before Complaining

This post makes it my centurion trap ;)
Thanks, Frank.

cv41100.JPG

Looks like my post count got reduced as well (not a big deal, I was under 200 since 2008 or whenever it was anyway). I'm at 100, so at least I won't get the boot in the ass for having had FS threads in the classifieds. :cool:

I just hope no one thinks I'm that "Hurry up and get to a 100 so I can sell my crap" guy. ;);)

My post count got all fooked up too, no big deal to me really just an FYI

It will take time but everyone will soon forget the old hide and use this one like it has always been this way.

Frank I got hit by the same thing. Just don't post that much but I've stuck with it for 10 years. Don't really wanna be a post whore like some of these guys.

I lost over 400 posts also. I am below the required 100 to post in the marketplace. Can I get a "Hall Pass" also please. The new site looks great btw.

Guys let's all try and give Frank some breathing room. It is obvious that he is incredibly invested in this switch over, has probably been stressing about the switch for a while. Let's just try and give him a day or two to work in a little bit of peace. I think it is safe to say that if you've been here for a while you lost posts...it isn't the end of the world, you can make a concerted effort to make a few new valuable posts. I don't like the color scheme either , but again not the end of the world. The advanced user functions allow you to adjust all the colors to your liking. Like most of us I was really accustomed to the old layout, it was a comfy, simple place where everything worked like we expected. However, that was because that's all we knew Sniper's Hide to be. As much as it pains me, I think Frank was right to make the move. I think we will all adapt and learn the new system and SH will be all the better for it. There are some great features and I'm sure in time we will all figure it out.

New forum is great.

I know it's not easy (have done it before myself) but you are doing a good job and it is appreciated!

The "time out" before the site drops your Sign-In is way too short.
A thoughtful response or initial draft takes more than the couple of minutes allowed. Add photos and its a race to fail.
Everything gets lost when the "Refresh the screen and sign back in" message appears.
Happened to me twice already this morning.

old dogs new tricks, i fall into that.

bumpy on the first few days of the new site, but the checking out what the "buttons" do and running through the new settings shows the new site has big time potential once it gets more familiar and small glitches are worked out. to mimic other posts here, running through and adjusting personal settings is the key as explained in the very first post of the thread.

heck there's probably good tools / options here that no one knows about yet until all the "buttons" are navigated.

for all the whining LL got, this is going to turn out to be a top notch format, thanks.

No, the old color scheme will not transfer over, nothing UBB is compatible with vB which is why we were almost 60 days behind schedule, it just doesn't work.

We are gonna make a darker one for this, but that is gonna be a bit, though it is on the list to get done. Personally I think this one reads fine. We darkened the white to gray, but we plan on a dark scheme

Can't wait for this. I do not like the light backgrounds. If the scheme gets darker I will be extremely happy.

The "time out" before the site drops your Sign-In is way too short.
A thoughtful response or initial draft takes more than the couple of minutes allowed. Add photos and its a race to fail.
Everything gets lost when the "Refresh the screen and sign back in" message appears.
Happened to me twice already this morning.

I adjust some of it this morning, many of the features are still set to default as we work on other things to get things moving. So as I come across things or when we find the "default" setting is not working I can go in adjust it.

It's a lot more than you might realize, I will look at the inactivity times next

The new format is great. Problems with migration are to be expected. In my case, I couldn't even log in.

It's likely that everyone will have to go back and tune some user settings - in my case, my password and about half of my account settings were lost. I simply had the site send me a new password, I got in, and then spent 5 minutes changing everything back to normal. Not a big deal.

I like the new diggs, but i'm having a bit of trouble with the site going back to the main menu when i click on the button for page 2 of a particular section...

I am sure ther e is quite a bit of work going on behind the scenes... Glad its not me.

Its only been a couple days and its already way better. Keep up the good work. Thanks guys.

I'd like to request better font contrast as the site seems washed out now. I understand it 'looks cooler' but it is not as user friendly to use. Just my opinion from one web designer to another. Thanks hide.

So a bunch of links (load recipes, etc) that I had saved don't work anymore...
But, it seems that while the "old" search engine wasn't worth shit- and we had to use the Google search engine- the one on the site actually seems to work...
So go back, search again for the threads that I had links to under the old system, and bookmark them again?

That about sum it up?

If it's not much trouble than a setting I suggest enabling Tapatalk. It's a great feature. At least add it somewhere on the list haha.

Edit: I saw the other topic on Tapatalk. The mobile version does work but it's not Tapatalk. Hopefully when things calm down it can be used.

Last edited:
Frank, new site is fantastic! I really like the mobile site.

I am not sure if this is covered somewhere, or if I have gone "Full Retard", but I used to search using google. (i.e. bartlein barrels site:snipershide.com)
Using the above would allow me to search for what I wanted and go right to my results. When I use this format now, I can read the "short preview" of the thread, but when I click on the link to the site, it just takes me to the forum home page.

I am not complaining. I am computer savvy enough to find what I am looking for. I was only thinking of those that are not as computer literate that want an easy format to search the site with.

Again, new site is awesome! Thank you for putting so much into this for everyone. I know this is your labor of love, and I appreciate it greatly.

Sincerely,

Wally

If you want google to work you have to use:

forum.snipershide.com

this is the only way it will work. If you just use snipershide.com it will give you results from the old forum with invalid links.

Site: forum.snipershide.com

Frank:
I will like the new look, appreciate the advantages, and accommodate the limitations soon enough; it always happens that way. When I compare it to how I started out (8086 processor, command line software, no internet, blah, blah, bleh) anything looks pretty snazzy to me.

My lone issue is one that has been expressed before: that is, my post count of 350 + (or something like that) is now 15. Am I going to get hassled when I need to post something on the classifieds? Or will I be regarded as the leading contender for lurker of the year? 15 posts since 2007? Top that, anyone.

If you want google to work you have to use:

forum.snipershide.com

this is the only way it will work. If you just use snipershide.com it will give you results from the old forum with invalid links.

Site: forum.snipershide.com

^^^That is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Thanks again for everything Frank! I look forward to meeting you at the 2013 Oregon Snipers Challenge!

You have to pay attention and follow instructions

In your Profile under General Settings you can change that, you want it to say Linear Oldest First ... try to keep out we are spelling this out for everyone best we can't but if you can't comprehend what we are saying we can't help you.

I am set to Linear Oldest First, and every thread takes me to the first page, not the first unread item. I tried all the settings; none of them render starting at the first unread post. The Forum view correctly shows which threads I've seen or not seen, it's just unable at this time to point to the correct item. Thanks anyway for all the work, Frank. I know a shift in platforms is a royal pain in the ass.

dg

What happened to my post count?? Seems like about 1000 or more are missing, now. Busted to sergeant? I want my hippie redneck geezer title back!

if it ain't broke, don't fix it

I guess something was broke.

I'm sure the new software runs better from an admin point of view, it probably has fewer bugs and is more resistant to hacks.(?)

Just a couple thoughts from an aesthetics pov-
Gray background and black text worked great... The site is too 'bright'
PMs with the old system were better

still looks great though, thanks for the site

Mike

I have a question.....

I've been away from the Forum since before the software changeover. I haven't lost any PMs or posts....at least I don't think I have....but I notice that I no longer see any kind of text/image/link formatting buttons when creating a post. I know enough BB code to do it by hand, but the buttons were faster. Are these missing for everybody, or is this a browser/platform issue? I'm using a Mac and Google Chrome.

Am I being a whiny little bitch, or are the buttons actually missing?