• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

I am still confused about the huge difference in price with the Military models
If you read through the thread (10 pages is a lot!) you will find that the new scopes are made in the USA. This means no importation, VAT, high labor cost, etc, etc.

I am still looking forward to these scopes and hope they will live up to my expectations.

I hope you guys are right about the lower price due to being manufactured here.
Seems that if true it will kill the Military models.
The thing that concerns me is the price drop is so substantial.

I'm eagerly anticipating this thing, but we as a group of shooters crack me the hell up:

When a company releases/announces a new product that is significantly more expensive than previous offerings we freak out bitch and want to know why.

When a company releases/announces a new product that appears to offer everything we want at a much better price than we were expecting, we freak the hell out and want to know why?

I'm fortunate that after dealing with a pre-order on the BEAST, Vortex and Steiner can take their sweet-assed time bringing the new scopes to market and I'll still be pleased as punch that no matter how much they dick around, it won't be as bad as it could be.

How about a list of dealers that will have these available in September? Then let the games begin...

Man I'd be kinda keen on one of these instead of my 3-12x50 PMII if they're reliable + quality which is a big ? to me at this point

Man I'd be kinda keen on one of these instead of my 3-12x50 PMII if they're reliable + quality which is a big ? to me at this point
Steiner should back their products well and they have always produced high quality optics. I'm in line for the new T5Xi 5-25X.

If they stand by their product as Vortex does and IF they sell them for the price point mentioned in earlier posts I really can't see purchasing any other scope regardless of color phasing problems also mentioned in this OH SOOOOOO long thread . September is just around the corner !
I doubt they will not address and correct concerns generated by this thread .
Anybody want to buy my old Sauer to fund a new scope ?

Has anyone heard anything new regarding these scopes? I also recall reading about them updating the MSR reticle which has me very anxious to see the finished product

There probably won't be anything new to hear until sometime in September when they get released (optimism). Yes, there was mention of trying to get the MSR reticle in these, but I recall that the target date for that was more like early next year. It was mentioned and discussed in the first few pages of this thread.

All i remember the rep said about the msr was on the first page, where he said they hoped to have them ready in september. When did they say next year for the msr?

There probably won't be anything new to hear until sometime in September when they get released (optimism). Yes, there was mention of trying to get the MSR reticle in these, but I recall that the target date for that was more like early next year. It was mentioned and discussed in the first few pages of this thread.

What would be the advantage of a MSR over the new SCR reticle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

All i remember the rep said about the msr was on the first page, where he said they hoped to have them ready in september. When did they say next year for the msr?
OK, here's what I read:
top of page 1
We are hoping to have the MSR reticle with a thinner floating cross available as well

top of page 3
We have not verified that the MSR will be available but we are working hard to get that done.

My recall about early 2015 was faulty in that it was an answer to a question regarding the G2MR reticle, but if I were a betting man, that's where I'd lay my money for the MSR reticle too. For everyone's sake, I hope that I'm wrong, but we're only talking 3 months or so between friends. :)

What would be the advantage of a MSR over the new SCR reticle?

None really. I actually love the holdovers on tbe scr and debated mightily over the two. For me, i prefer the thicker msr for the 3-15 since it is easier to see on 3x.

Quickdraw, I read a few pages back you had the opportunity to check the scopes out at a match or have used them.

From what you remember what is the gap between the floating crosshair in the SCR and the rest of the reticle? Is it like the MSR Steiner has with a big ass gap, 0.2 mil if I'm not mistaken, or smaller (0.1) much like the way Schmidt does it?

Too much of a gap made the current Steiner MSR look too thick and distracting to me.

So do I have time to buy my much needed two Aimpoint T1"s, my Terrapin and some Swarovski 8.5x42 EL's before I have to pay for one of these? I'm spending more these days on optics than rifles or ammo!

Update....

Scopes are in production and are track to be here in September for the opening order, with another batch ready to ship in November.

First to arrive will be the 5-25x56 SCR, followed by the 3-15x50 SCR

No MSR reticle option for 2014

We will have part numbers and pricing structure early next week.

That is all for now

Hooray!*

Update....

Scopes are in production and are track to be here in September for the opening order, with another batch ready to ship in November.

First to arrive will be the 5-25x56 SCR, followed by the 3-15x50 SCR

No MSR reticle option for 2014

We will have part numbers and pricing structure early next week.

That is all for now

* Unless the price was jacked way up, in which case BOO!

Can someone please explain to my why you would choose the SCR reticle over the MSR? The price of the 5-25 with SCR is to good not to give a shot...

The SCR is better because it has 0.2 windage/mover hashes, it is thinner, more of the crosshair is illuminated, it is clear on the top, it is numbered, same ranging capability, etc., etc.

Last edited:
The SCR is better because it has 0.2 windage/mover hashes, it is thinner, more of the Crosshair is illuminated, it is clear on the top, it is numbered, same ranging, etc., etc.

Good enough. Thank you sir.

Booo.... I'll be in touch Scott concerning whether I will be changing my mind on the reticle or not. I gots sum thinkin' to do....

I think the real question is.....WHEN in 2015? If its January I dont care If it is September 2015, thats another story.

Nobody has explained why you would want an MSR instead of the new SCR....

And 'it's more snipery' doesn't count...

Last edited:

Not going to get an explanation from me. Steiner seems, despite the artist rendering, to have fixed the big ass gap they have in the MSR (still want to see a through the scope picture of the SCR) and have improved the wind holds. With the exception to the quick ranging bars which don't offer much unless the target is a particular size the new SCR is better. More illuminated line, 0.2mil wind holds, thinner cross hair and still have fine 0.1 ranging.

If these new models can hold up to the abuse that the military ones can good luck finding these in stock.

Hey Quickdraw, any chance you could sweet talk Steiner to post a through the scope picture at 15 and 25X?

Those are not artist renderings, I believe they are proofs of the actual reticle.

I worked on the dimensions. The cross is 0.1 L&R (0.2 total), gap is 0.1 L&R, and then the 0.2s start. The cross U/D is 0.125 (0.25 total) , 0.125 gap then 0.5s continue. There really was a lot of thought put into it.

Last edited:
I worked on the dimensions. The cross is 0.1 L&R (0.2 total), gap is 0.1 L&R, and then the 0.2s start. The cross U/D is 0.125 (0.25 total) , 0.125 gap then 0.5s continue. There really was a lot of thought put into it.

Since I have someone to ask now: Why is the center cross slightly taller than it is wide? Not critical of it, but curious.

I do love the look of the SCR.

Because the hashes U/D are 0.5, half/half is 0.125. Half of the 0.2 hash is 0.1. All symmetry of proportions. 0.1 wouldn't make sense U/D and 0.125 wouldn't make sense L/R. The end of the gaps are halfway to the next hash each way.

Last edited:
The 0.2 hashes are 0.1 high, so when your buddy says 'you're a click/tenth high/low, you'll have a reference for the correction.

Last edited:

Because I don't want that much detail on the primary reticle in a 15x scope that will be used on a rimfire that will see both target and small game hunting use. On a 20-25x it's a different story for me as I already use a H2CMR, but I'm on the list for two 3-15x models.

To those who have seen this scope in hand, how is the glass quality? If you were to compare it to other scopes, what would you relate it to? I ask because I have grown to love the clarity in the Zeiss hunting scopes, but have since sold most of them to fund a FFP scope and my new rig to learn LR shooting.

how will the new T5Xi steiner compare to the kahles K624i or will it more similar to the Nightforce NXS F1

[MENTION=94463]ajv35XX[/MENTION] I've looked through it and its very nice. You can compare it to the military line of scopes...cause the same glass is used.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the SCR reticle and can't wait to get the new scope, peer through the glass and starting firing. I'm hoping we'll start seeing some action on this is the next 4-6 weeks. :)

I will be buying three of these scopes in September or November. Really excited about these scopes.

I absolutely love the SCR reticle and can't wait to get the new scope, peer through the glass and starting firing. I'm hoping we'll start seeing some action on this is the next 4-6 weeks. :)

What would be the advantage of the scr over the msr? They (Steiner) are making the MSR thinner but I would like to hear from someone who would know how they both operate and how they would compare to one another. Thanks.

The SCR is better because it has 0.2 windage/mover hashes, it is thinner, more of the crosshair is illuminated, it is clear on the top, it is numbered, same ranging capability, etc., etc.