• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

And Ernie is probably going to put that one on a LR handgun !!!

I know what you mean Ernie , I have 2 of the 4x16's now and 3x12x56 on the way , will be getting one of the new 5x25's , when they come out. One or two of these will go On LR pistol set ups in the future.

Later,
Dale

I have always been impressed by Steiner as a company, even back in my bird watching days. Will be buying the scope when it comes out.

VERY pumped as well. I just received a 4-16 from Euro and I really love this scope. Based on the dimensions, weight, and improvements the new 5-25 will be outstanding if it uses the same glass as this 4-16. I'm really looking forward to the SCR reticle, I'm hoping it's as friendly as the H2CMR.

I had a chance to play around with this scope at both the Cup and at the WTRC. This is going to be the best value for money scope available, and will force some of the other big name brand scope manufactures to rethink their pricing. I think I'll be getting one once the MSR reticle becomes available.

I had a chance to play around with this scope at both the Cup and at the WTRC. This is going to be the best value for money scope available, and will force some of the other big name brand scope manufactures to rethink their pricing. I think I'll be getting one once the MSR reticle becomes available.

Very much THIS.

Is 9/2014 still the anticipated 'live' date for these scopes or has that changed? Also any word on the MSR and what that will do to the pricing?

I'm interested in the 3-15

Is 9/2014 still the anticipated 'live' date for these scopes or has that changed? Also any word on the MSR and what that will do to the pricing?

I'm interested in the 3-15

Per my email from Scott @ Liberty, yes, it's still scheduled for early September.

I should clarify my earlier comment by saying that I knew when I pre-ordered this scope that the wait might be long, so I am not griping. I just see the humor in the whole situation.

I'm not normally an early adopter, but I made an exception this time out of faith. Being familiar with current Steiner products, I am not concerned. Such is faith.

How are the scopes that much lighter? What materials have changed, the 5-25 is the same length as it was and is 7 ounces lighter.

Kurt

I was going to grab an F1 to put on my AE but Im going with one of these.

Im deploying to BIOT for a year so I have plenty of time to wait, surf the Hide, and fill the gun fund

Steiner needs to hurry up and hire that community manager to come play with us. The Vortex fans are never bored.

Not a Vortex fan so much. Only as far as they serve a function.

Actually I'm MUCH more of a Gracie Jiu Jitsu and boxing/kickboxing fan so, whatever.

I still may get around to one of these scopes if they end up looking good. Time will tell...

Like to see more on this as well.

I don't believe those have been posted yet, unless it's blocked by my fucking IT department like Photobucket is.

I'm looking at the 1-5x as well, but until I see some more definitive specs on them, I'll hold off on dropping an order for them. Not that 21oz of the current offering is heavy, but if they get it closer to the 17oz of my Mark 6 I may throw it up on the chopping block and replace both it and my CQBSS (nice scope but a pig on the lightweight rifle I have it on). I've found that 5x is more than enough for my AR shooting, and I'd rather keep them light and simple while being better balanced. Hell, at that price I'm might just get three and change them up across the board for continuity.

Their 5-25 is at the top of my list for my rig I am having built by AO. Originally wanted the 3-15 but for a little more money the 5-25 seems worth it. Really liking the SCR but the updated MSR reticle is appealing as well.

Does anyone know if the price on these scopes is still going to be $1899 (5-25)?
I have heard the price may be higher.
Regards Toni

Does anyone know if the price on these scopes is still going to be $1899 (5-25)?
I have heard the price may be higher.
Regards Toni

It better be, if they play that game where they suggest it'll be $1899 then jack it up a few hundred I'll just buy a gen 2 razor

It better be, if they play that game where they suggest it'll be $1899 then jack it up a few hundred I'll just buy a gen 2 razor

If that is what happens this will go down and as one of the worst examples of community management ever. I understand if their initial estimates were a little aggressive, but to whip everyone up, go dark, and then just drop a big price increase without so much as buying us a drink and flowers first would be pretty infuriating.

Everyone,
Just got off the phone with the guy who has been taking care of the “Steiner Optics” account and he hasn’t gone MIA, but a communication error on our part did leave the account inactive while he was away. He is the product manager for the new scope line, as well as sales and a ton of other duties. He took off a couple of weeks ago on business travel then took a few days of vacation before his return. Normally I help out when he is away, but this time we were both out of pocket and dropped the ball. The newly listed position is directly related to this issue and our ability to provide better service/information in the future – we want someone dedicated to talking to you, our customers, and providing timely responses. We value your input and support as we continue to provide better products to serve the community. “Steiner Optics” will be back in the office at the end of this week and will try to get everyone updated/replied back to as soon as possible.
Thank you for the support!

If anything has changed from the initial post (Price/ launch date) it would be in Steiners favor to just come out with it. People are debating whether to go with something else and avoiding updates to concerns "and rumors" is not fair to your customers, me being one of them. Thank you

Sounds like a high stress week here in the T5xi thread. It'll be what it'll be. I'd be surprised if the optics go up in price, as the current prices seem to allow for plenty of opportunity making money.

Sounds like a high stress week here in the T5xi thread. It'll be what it'll be. I'd be surprised if the optics go up in price, as the current prices seem to allow for plenty of opportunity making money.

Stress is all we have to go on on this thread absent info from Steiner or turning it into motivational pictures 3.0, which I'm sure the mods would disapprove of.

I am sure that Steiner's time is better spent building and selling scopes than answering every dumb question on here. Let them do their job and quit freaking out. When September 1st rolls around and the new scope is not at every dealer, I bet you guys will bashing them too.

personally I will wait a few months once they arrive get some use and reviews and see how they prove out... not in any rush...

Man, oh man, as a group, shooters sure are an impatient and fickle bunch, lol. I say that as a humorous observation and as one who immediately put my money up on a pre-order for one of these. I also knew when I did (and this the the most expensive scope I've ordered yet) that it would be September at the earliest before I'd see anything. So, while I would happily take it tomorrow if it showed up, i'm not expecting it and am not going to stress over it or post incessantly about it. I know that they gave us a date and a price and I trust that the price is good and the date will be somewhere around then.

All the rest of this fiddle-faddle is just boredom and mental masturbation in my opinion.

I'd say that those of you who just cannot wait and occupy your time with something else, like...say...shooting, should hurry up and buy something that is on the shelf. But then what do I know?

Of course, by some stretch it could be considered as a form of advertising to keep the thread up in the top of the pages, so there's that. :)

I am sure that Steiner's time is better spent building and selling scopes than answering every dumb question on here. Let them do their job and quit freaking out. When September 1st rolls around and the new scope is not at every dealer, I bet you guys will bashing them too.

This point is well taken except to the extent Steiner said they would provide information and haven't done so. The likely explanation is that they are busy, and that is good, but to the extent you set expectations you should make good on them or at least understand failing to do so might lead to worry and frustration.

I am still optimistic and excited, but it would be nice to get that info we were told was forthcoming.

What information do you need?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Picks of the 5-25 would be great. I saw the Wyoming ones but something more official would be fantastic. I think other folks want more info/pics on the 1-5.

Thanks!

I think they are avoiding pics to keep as much information as possible from the competition. They are the exact same as the 3-15s except for the size. I don't believe there is are any 1-5s prototypes yet, so I can't help with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am still confused about the huge difference in price with the Military models if they are the same quality.
Doesn't quite make sense, like it is too good to be true.

I am still confused about the huge difference in price with the Military models if they are the same quality.
Doesn't quite make sense, like it is too good to be true.

German Labor & Parts + Import Tariffs -VS- American Labor & Mostly American Parts/German Lenses