• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

Hey LibertyOptics any idea when you'll be able to take more pre-orders?

Last edited:
Where is the glass manufactured, I assume it is the USA?

I do not mind a heavier scope as it just makes the rifle recoil less.

Where can I get on a wait list for the 5-25X56?

Glass is German, that was stated earlier in the thread. Contact vendors about possible wait lists, there is nothing official that I know of to date.

I hate to say this but this Nightforce fan boy might have just found his next optic! Way to go Steiner, I just hope they are as good mechanically and as durable as my NXS's.

Since the rep has gone MIA without warning this is starting to show signs of a unicorn sighting.

Since the rep has gone MIA without warning this is starting to show signs of a unicorn sighting.
This isn't some fly-by-night company. This is Steiner Optics. I'm sure the rep is busy or has been hemmed up by his bosses for going too far on the forums. I've seen both in the past...

I'm still looking forward to this scope and have two on "order".

I'm sure it's a real scope. I wouldn't be surprised if Steiner takes the huge positive response as a cue to price it higher than suggested here though. As for the rep, I imagine it's one guy and he's on vacation? But they really should have more than one person covering the official account to avoid the MIA status.

Perhaps this is relevant to the discussion

Burris Company Announces Search for Manager of Online Marketing
The Burris Company has announced that a search is under way for a Manager of Online Marketing. Reporting to the Chief Global Marketing Officer for the Beretta Optics Division, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating online strategies and executing online tactics to achieve the goals of the company and its two flagship brands. The scope of this position includes the Burris and Steiner brand websites, industry forums, social media, email, and other Internet presences.

This newly created position will be located at the company's headquarters in Greeley, Colo. The complete job description is listed below.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

Create a proactive online presence; identify and carry out new and creative online partnership concepts to expand our growing audience.
Lead the development of the strategic online marketing plan, and implement the plan.
Work closely with the Media Relations & Communications Manager and Marketing Managers of both brands, in order to execute a cohesive and comprehensive strategy.
Stay current on changes in the online marketing environment, to best serve the objectives of the organization.
Maintain favorable online presence for both brands and ensure the online offerings are meeting customers' needs; use information and feedback to help the business develop innovative solutions.
Increase brand awareness and create brand fan interaction.
Work in conjunction with the sales department to develop new and innovative ways to effect point-of-sale customer purchasing decisions in dealer online stores.
Continually search for new online media outlets and distribution avenues that can be put to strategic use in accomplishing corporate goals.
Promote new products, company announcements, and accomplishments to a large audience of consumers, writers, and employees.
Work with key marketing and communications stakeholders to align social media programs with the overall tone and voice of each brand.
Work directly with Internet agency to ensure that the websites of both Burris and Steiner brands are constantly maintained, updated, and improved.
Provide monthly analytics reports, analysis, and recommendations for both brand's websites.

Include in analytics reports (derived from Google Analytics) those metrics determined to be key performance indicators (KPISs) for meeting online goals; (KPIs may include monthly visitors, average time on site, pages viewed, and others).
Include in analytics reports site usage and trends; use the provided information to evaluate content on both websites and suggest site updates and changes.
Manage all social media outlets (including-but not limited to-Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and forums) for Burris and Steiner brands.
Monitor and post videos, photos, and other multimedia content on social media sites.
Represent the company in a positive way through social media forums, to actively market products effectively in that channel.
Monitor individual sites and social pages for both brands. Post comments, pictures and videos to educate and interest consumers. Reply to any customer service-type inquiries that may be posted on social pages or forums.
Moderate social platforms to encourage conversation, remove spam content, respond to reader questions and assist with customer service questions.
Write, review, and edit social media posts. Ensure that accurate content is communicated.
Provide timely responses to questions and/or responses posted within social networks.
Provide exceptional verbal and written customer service.
Monitor outdoor online and offline publications and track brand product mentions in order to appropriately interact with this content and these audiences online in a way that furthers the goals of the brands.
Edit news release and eblast copy (provided by the Media Relations & Communications Manager) for social media distribution, and distribute via social media.
Create and distribute news release and eblast mailings through the marketing server.
Contact resellers to proactively manage the company's Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy; research companies who resell our product; manage, maintain and monitor the MAP.
Develop expertise in all company products.
Attend SHOT Show and NRA Annual Meetings as needed.
Carry out other duties as assigned.

Education and Experience:

Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations or equivalent.
4 or more years' experience in managing online communications, including social media, for a consumer goods business and/or interactive marketing or communications company.
Proven strategist with the ability to see the big picture as well as a fine level of detail.
Ability to mesh online activities with the strategic activities of other departments.
Track record of creating and executing plans to accomplish major goals.
Superior writing and editing skills for both news and promotional formats.
Familiarity with firearms and riflescopes.
Significant personal interest in expanding personal knowledge of and exposure to the shooting sports industry.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to communicate persuasively and negotiate effectively.
Expert online computer knowledge, including websites, social media, analytics, blogs.
Experience creating effective analysis and strategic recommendations from analytics data.
Self-starter and quick learner.

Working Environment and Physical Demands:

Work is mostly indoors in an office environment, but occasionally outdoors in a variety of situations.
Noise level is typically quiet to moderate, with interruptions and background noise.
Travel: 10% local and 5% national.
Effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Work while sitting, stand, walking, bending, kneeling, and occasionally climbing and balancing.
Ability to use all required safety equipment.
Lift and carry equipment and supplies as needed, up to 10 lbs.
Use office equipment frequently, including personal computers, telephones, calculators, and copy and fax machines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

Notes:
This is a full-time position. Burris Company, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package and benefits. To apply, submit your resume to [email protected].

Successful applicants for employment must pass a drug screen test and background/reference check. Applicants may be asked to provide transcripts or certificates for any relevant course work or certifications completed.

To learn more about our company, visit Scopes, Sights, Binoculars, Spotting Scopes and Mounts by Burris Optics and Steiner Optics.

- See more at: Burris Company Announces Search for Manager of Online Marketing : The Tactical Wire

Burris Company Announces Search for Manager of Online Marketing

Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Work is mostly indoors in an office environment, but occasionally outdoors in a variety of situations.
Noise level is typically quiet to moderate, with interruptions and background noise.
Travel: 10% local and 5% national.
Effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Work while sitting, stand, walking, bending, kneeling, and occasionally climbing and balancing.
Ability to use all required safety equipment.
Lift and carry equipment and supplies as needed, up to 10 lbs.
Use office equipment frequently, including personal computers, telephones, calculators, and copy and fax machines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

You have to be able to work while sitting? And carry as much as 10lbs? They want a @#$# Superman? ;-)

I imagine they'll be getting numerous applications from SH members today. Thanks for posting this Scott.

Hope the rep didn't get in trouble for writing checks Steiner didn't want to/couldn't cash.

The "rep" is the Commercial Sales Manager and is someone pretty familiar with the manufacturing details and timelines/demands of bringing this scope to market. I can't claim to know what is going on, but I've got faith in the guy.

Scott

Hope the rep didn't get in trouble for writing checks Steiner didn't want to/couldn't cash.

Good to hear, cause he sold me on the 5-25 (as you know) and I can't wait to get it.

The "rep" is the Commercial Sales Manager and is someone pretty familiar with the manufacturing details and timelines/demands of bringing this scope to market. I can't claim to know what is going on, but I've got faith in the guy.

Scott

It can't be a coincidence that this job posting pops up shortly after the rep goes MIA on the forum... Hmmm... LOL, I hope he didn't get canned though, that would be a shame.

Either the old rep or the new lucky bastard that gets the job, need to post pics of the 5-25!! :)

Everyone,
Just got off the phone with the guy who has been taking care of the “Steiner Optics” account and he hasn’t gone MIA, but a communication error on our part did leave the account inactive while he was away. He is the product manager for the new scope line, as well as sales and a ton of other duties. He took off a couple of weeks ago on business travel then took a few days of vacation before his return. Normally I help out when he is away, but this time we were both out of pocket and dropped the ball. The newly listed position is directly related to this issue and our ability to provide better service/information in the future – we want someone dedicated to talking to you, our customers, and providing timely responses. We value your input and support as we continue to provide better products to serve the community. “Steiner Optics” will be back in the office at the end of this week and will try to get everyone updated/replied back to as soon as possible.
Thank you for the support!

Everyone,
Just got off the phone with the guy who has been taking care of the “Steiner Optics” account and he hasn’t gone MIA, but a communication error on our part did leave the account inactive while he was away. He is the product manager for the new scope line, as well as sales and a ton of other duties. He took off a couple of weeks ago on business travel then took a few days of vacation before his return. Normally I help out when he is away, but this time we were both out of pocket and dropped the ball. The newly listed position is directly related to this issue and our ability to provide better service/information in the future – we want someone dedicated to talking to you, our customers, and providing timely responses. We value your input and support as we continue to provide better products to serve the community. “Steiner Optics” will be back in the office at the end of this week and will try to get everyone updated/replied back to as soon as possible.

With that being said, can we get a pic of the 5-25 then? How is production coming and does it look like these will be released as scheduled...Late August/early September?

With that being said, can we get a pic of the 5-25 then? How is production coming and does it look like these will be released as scheduled...Late August/early September?

Exactly, a general update and any anticipated changes to specs and/or price point is what like to know. And PICS ....Please!

Everyone,

I remember having a conversation with "Steiner Optics" about a year ago which basically made me come to this conclusion. The guy is a busy guy and doesn't always come to check his SH account. He tried hard and took good care of me.

We have to remember that Steiner entered the tactical scope market VERY recently... it takes time to get all their ducks in a row.

And they seem to be attempting to do so with the new job position. Good for them.

Given everything, the quality of their optics is amazing... and the best part of them is that they "listen" to our suggestions.

Last edited:
the only picture I'm concerned with when I buy a scope is the picture I see when I look thru the scope about to shoot or range something...

I had ordered a burris xtr ii when they first came out at shot. They jerked my around with the delivery for so long I cancelled it. Now I'm happy they did!!! This will be sitting on my rig as soon as the are out. ( I hope they do not do a BURRIS on me)

I'm really looking forward to seeing the 5-25. Need a scope for my .308 build, could be a good option here.

My Dearest Steiner T5Xi 5-25,

It seems like so long ago when we were first introduced. What a mad rush of emotion that was, the excitement, the joy. I was so enthralled I put down money sight unseen for you. I know you are busy, but I cannot help but feel my ardor cooling for want of communication.

Where are those photos you promised so long ago? Where are the updates on when you will come join me, to take my ring(s) and sit on my base? Have you forgotten me?

I struggle to remain true, but I must confess there is another who seeks to beguile me. A lass named Vortex. Yes, she may be a little chunky, and her reticle does not excite me in the same way, but she is present, she sends pics. Rob01 speaks well of her.

I know there are photos of your little sister, but she isn't the one I want, I want you. I want info about you my dear. I know you cannot join me yet, and that is ok, but please let me know you still care.

Sincerely,

Tacos

Last edited:
my dearest steiner t5xi 5-25,

it seems like so long ago when we were first introduced. What a mad rush of emotion that was, the excitement, the joy. I was so enthralled i put down money sight unseen for you. I know you are busy, but i cannot help but feel my ardor cooling for want of communication.

Where are those photos you promised so long ago? Where are the updates on when you will come join me, to take my ring(s) and sit on my base? Have you forgotten me?

I struggle to remain true, but i must confess there is another who seeks to beguile me. A lass named vortex. Yes, she may be a little chunky, and her reticle does not excite me in the same way, but she is present, she sends pics. Rob01 speaks well of her.

I know there are photos of your little sister, but she isn't the one i want, i want you. I want info about you my dear. I know you cannot join me yet, and that is ok, but please let me know you still care.

Sincerely,

tacos

she's mine!!!!!

It seems like so long ago when we were first introduced. What a mad rush of emotion that was, the excitement, the joy. I was so enthralled I put down money sight unseen for you. I know you are busy, but I cannot help but feel my ardor cooling for want of communication.

I struggle to remain true, but I must confess there is another who seeks to beguile me. A lass named Vortex. Yes, she may be a little chunky, and her reticle does not excite me in the same way, but she is present, she sends pics. Rob01 speaks well of her.

I know there are photos of your little sister, but she isn't the one I want, I want you. I want info about you my dear. I know you cannot join me yet, and that is ok, but please let me know you still care.

Sincerely,

Tacos

That is some funny stuff right there!!

Sincerely,

Tacos

Oh, the plight of unrequited love. I know thee well.

Sincerely,

Tacos

Oh, Oh! Might be trying to hide the fact she is a fat guy in drag.

PS - as one very happy with my Steiner binoculars I doubt it will be that bad.

Sincerely,

Tacos

That was well done.

I never got American comedy till you came along Tacos. Well done, hope the new Steiner is as good as your comedy.
Toni

Sincerely,

Tacos

Well done! You deserve a free scope for this!

I'm sure Tacos would be happy with that. On a serious note it would be good to see some pictures like people have been asking about.
Toni

I'm sure Tacos would be happy with that. On a serious note it would be good to see some pictures like people have been asking about.
Toni

Right on all counts. A free scope would be great (hint hint Steiner) but I would be happy with just seeing the progress on what I put down money for.

They really do exist... :)
The guys enjoyed getting a peek at it and looking through it, messing with the turret system, etc...

With the new design/turret and price I'm sure these will take off. As for holding my breath I decided to pick up the new Vortex to keep me breathing till these start showing up. Between Vortex and Steiner, the High End scope companies have just been slapped with a huge wake up call. Hopefully they can answer the call......:eek:(Schmidt and Bender US model perhaps?):eek:

Yes, I liked it, and I am looking forward to getting on in the future.
Since it wasn't on a rifle and I wasn't able to actually use it, I really can't say, "It tracks well, holds, zero, etc..."
But for the time we had to look at, through it, everyone really liked it (Including me).

Well, how are they? How did you like them?