• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

No he will not ship outside the US because he will lose his dealership status if he does. You must order this in Australia through an authorized delaer. You can ask Beretta Australia for a listing of delaers.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Beretta Aus will probably not even know what it is. AUS dealers great...

I wish Nightforce would fall in line and offer their NXS line in FFP. There is probably a better chance of seeing slimer variants of these in the near future than seeing more NXS F1s. NF seems like a lost cause as far as affordable, quality FFP goes...

The BEAST looks like the love child of a monster turd and a wayward submarine.

No he will not ship outside the US because he will lose his dealership status if he does. You must order this in Australia through an authorized delaer. You can ask Beretta Australia for a listing of delaers.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

My mistake. Scott didn't know I was ordering from Australia, miscommunication and no harm intended.

On another note, are there any dealers that are connected to Beretta Australia that you are familiar with and have confidence in?

I've ordered a 5-25x but am also interested in the 1-5x. Could we see some pics of that and maybe some specs?. Still second focal? 30 or 34mm? Weight?

Thanks,
Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the glass on these are truly on par with the M5Xi, then Steiner will own the market! The premium glass market needed this!

So, not for nothing but in the future a 2-10 with a smaller objective lens and a weight around 20oz would not go amiss (hint hint).

Earlier he said MOA reticle in 2015.

I am in for a Pre-order when the MOA/MOA version becomes available for pre-order! I am patient, As of now, my NXS will be good enough... but when the T5xi MOA/MOA becomes available, Cartmann will be IN!!!

Can anyone that has actually seen it compare the glass to another scope? Good as x scope? I love the reticle and the price.

I noticed no difference between the German Steiner and the new T5Xi. As compared to my Vortex Razor HD, I'm going to say the Steiner probably a little better. I would say it's on par with every other high end scope I've been behind (S&B, Kahles, NF, etc), but I didn't get behind anything else right away to compare beyond my Razor.

I noticed no difference between the German Steiner and the new T5Xi. As compared to my Vortex Razor HD, I'm going to say the Steiner probably a little better. I would say it's on par with every other high end scope I've been behind (S&B, Kahles, NF, etc), but I didn't get behind anything else right away to compare beyond my Razor.

Assault, were you looking through the 3x15 or 5x25? And did the T5Xi have the new thinner reticle? If you did what are your thoughts on that reticle?

Assault, were you looking through the 3x15 or 5x25? And did the T5Xi have the new thinner reticle? If you did what are your thoughts on that reticle?

I was looking through the 5-25 primarily as that's the one I'm looking at buying. And yes it was the new SCR reticle, they also had the M5Xi there with the MSR reticle. The new SCR is in my opinion just right as far as thickness goes, not so thin as to be hard to see against terrain features like brush or grasses, but not too thick as to obscure detail. I did not like the MSR personally, the quick ranging stuff is just extra clutter for my purposes and overall it was a little too thick for my tastes. To each their own but I really like the new SCR reticle and with a little time behind it I think I'd like it even more.

^^^^^^^

Thank you sir. I have a S&B with the p4f that I have used recently and really like that reticle. Seems like they are close so hearing from someone that has first hand experience helps.

I was waiting for the Razor HD Gen 2 but it may be hard to pass up on this especially at the price of $1,899.00 + German Glass + Assembled in the USA.

So.....one of the big makers decided to finally fill the most obvious and useful niche in the scope market. FFP, 25x, zero-stop, excellent reticle, low-pro turrets, moderate weight. Nothing with new outlandish technology, just the correct feature set. Nightforce, if you are listening, this is the scope we were all asking for for years. All you had to do was "F1" the 5.5-22, sell it for $2k, and everybody wins. But no......so.....this. Now I will have to sell an F1 to try it out.

If this is as good as the Steiner binocs that I got at the 2013 SH Cup, then we will have a winner. All I can say, Mr. Steiner USA, is emphasis on QC, QC, QC. Absurdly low failure rate is why we buy the F1. Do the same with this and you will have a long-term gold medal. Sure, this will out-compete the Vortexes, Bushnells, and Leupolds of the world, but please make it reliable enough to replace 15x F1's and SFP 22x NXS's....please.......

Can't wait to see the reports over the next couple of years.

Hi Aussie Sharp shooter 87 ,

Drop me a PM , and I will direct you to a similar product that you can source out side of Aussie dealers .
YOu like me , try to by pass our scope agents , why because they rape us for money , in NZ & Aussie we pay anywhere from 50-100% more than guys in the US pay for stuff , and WHEN we can , we avoid our local agents like the bloody plague, you guys in the US have no idea , because its NOT happening to you .
In some cases , I just donot even bother if scope is USA made , as to all the export BS .
Have had better luck thru Germany for some euro glass .
Any way PM me , and I can point you towards a couple of options that will not involve your Aussie agents , they just will not be a Steiner scope .

Later Chris

In for a pre-Order, when the link becomes active again. Will have to keep monitering this thread for updates.

Makes me consider canceling my Vortex HD 4.5-27x preorder and put in a preorder for the 5-25X, when they become available. Sounds like Steiner listens and has a hit forthcoming! No gimicks, just solid practical performance. This is what I like most about our free market system. Let's all hope this pans out as we expect.

PS-Will our usual Hide vendors be carrying these?

Last edited:
Hi Aussie Sharp shooter 87 ,

Drop me a PM , and I will direct you to a similar product that you can source out side of Aussie dealers .
YOu like me , try to by pass our scope agents , why because they rape us for money , in NZ & Aussie we pay anywhere from 50-100% more than guys in the US pay for stuff , and WHEN we can , we avoid our local agents like the bloody plague, you guys in the US have no idea , because its NOT happening to you .
In some cases , I just donot even bother if scope is USA made , as to all the export BS .
Have had better luck thru Germany for some euro glass .
Any way PM me , and I can point you towards a couple of options that will not involve your Aussie agents , they just will not be a Steiner scope .

Later Chris

This is the same as Canada. I'm waiting to see the 3-15x on the shelves for $2500+.

I will own a 3-15 and a 1-5. Love Steiner optics and have been waiting for 1 in my price range.

These looks like really nice products. I was planning on ordering a NF NXS 3.5-15x50 soon. Obviously the Steiner 3-15 is FFP and the NF is SFP, but can anybody comment on if there is a significant difference in glass quality between the two?

I wish Nightforce would fall in line and offer their NXS line in FFP. There is probably a better chance of seeing slimer variants of these in the near future than seeing more NXS F1s. NF seems like a lost cause as far as affordable, quality FFP goes...

I don't see a 2.5-10x FFP being a good choice...not in that power range. A 6-24x, sure.

I'd rather see them shrink down some of the 16" scopes they make, better illumination controls etc.

Would it be possible to post through the scope pics of the reticle on 5x and 25x?

This definitely looks like the best value high mag scope right now.

I have no hands on experience at all but from what I have read the current Steiner glass is top tier. Some say they can tell no difference from S&B, Kahles, etc. So if this new glass is the same as what they have now, its not a stretch to think this new scope will be a significant step up from the NXS glass.

These looks like really nice products. I was planning on ordering a NF NXS 3.5-15x50 soon. Obviously the Steiner 3-15 is FFP and the NF is SFP, but can anybody comment on if there is a significant difference in glass quality between the two?

I don't see a 2.5-10x FFP being a good choice...not in that power range. A 6-24x, sure.

I'd rather see them shrink down some of the 16" scopes they make, better illumination controls etc.

The problem with most of the current low power FFP offerings isn't that they're FFP, its that their reticles are designed incredibly poorly and the illumination is not visible in sunlight. Can't use the mil marks at low magnification? So what? Create a reticle that turns into something better suited to shooting the low magnification. That would be better that a reticle that isn't accurate at the lower magnifications IMO.

The problem with most of the current low power FFP offerings isn't that they're FFP, its that their reticles are designed incredibly poorly and the illumination is not visible in sunlight. Can't use the mil marks at low magnification? So what? Create a reticle that turns into something better suited to shooting the low magnification. That would be better that a reticle that isn't accurate at the lower magnifications IMO.

There are definite limits to what can be accomplished in regards to illumination. I never understood the need to make everything "daylight" bright. In almost every "daylight" case, a bold black reticle would stand out much more than would an illuminated red one.

Even without illumination, there are countless things that can be done with the reticle at low magnification that would be better than a reticle thats no longer accurate. But, now we're getting off topic...

FINALLY!!! Nice to see a major Mfg actually LOWERING their prices on feature-rich products,... I'm gonna buy at least one of each,... Innovative and useful turret design (see vid),... Nice reticule,... Good job Steiner!

Ry

Last edited:
Using my 5-25 Steiner, in comparison to my 3-15 premier and Bushnell LRHS, it seemed the glass was very good at low light performance and not as good at dealing with adverse lighting conditions (light contamination). YMMV.
P.S. I understand those aren't the same platforms.

Sorry if this has been answered already. Where do you source the glass for these scopes?

Someone posted something about zero-stops a few threads back. I think the Steiner guy posted a message early in this conversation that the M5Xi does not have zero-stops because Steiner's sponsored shooters didn't want zero-stops. Anyone care to clarify for the record?

Last edited:
Someone posted something about zero-stops a few threads back. I think the Steiner guy posted a message early in this conversation that the M5Xi does not have zero-stops because Steiner's sponsored shooters didn't want zero-stops. Anyone care to clarify for the record?

He said there is no MTC. There is zero stop.