• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

did I miss the photos of the 1-5x?
I don't believe those have been posted yet, unless it's blocked by my fucking IT department like Photobucket is.

I'm looking at the 1-5x as well, but until I see some more definitive specs on them, I'll hold off on dropping an order for them. Not that 21oz of the current offering is heavy, but if they get it closer to the 17oz of my Mark 6 I may throw it up on the chopping block and replace both it and my CQBSS (nice scope but a pig on the lightweight rifle I have it on). I've found that 5x is more than enough for my AR shooting, and I'd rather keep them light and simple while being better balanced. Hell, at that price I'm might just get three and change them up across the board for continuity.

Someone posted something about zero-stops a few threads back. I think the Steiner guy posted a message early in this conversation that the M5Xi does not have zero-stops because Steiner's sponsored shooters didn't want zero-stops. Anyone care to clarify for the record?

I believe I read no locking turrets and no mtc

With Steiner military discount I can already see the 5x25 with MSR Reticle sitting atop my new 6.5 creedmoor. The day these become available I will purchase that day.

I have no hands on experience at all but from what I have read the current Steiner glass is top tier. Some say they can tell no difference from S&B, Kahles, etc. So if this new glass is the same as what they have now, its not a stretch to think this new scope will be a significant step up from the NXS glass.

Using my 5-25 Steiner, in comparison to my 3-15 premier and Bushnell LRHS, it seemed the glass was very good at low light performance and not as good at dealing with adverse lighting conditions (light contamination). YMMV.
P.S. I understand those aren't the same platforms.

Great info, thanks guys.

With Steiner military discount I can already see the 5x25 with MSR Reticle sitting atop my new 6.5 creedmoor. The day these become available I will purchase that day.

How much does the mil discount take off?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Also I forgot to mention that these scopes will be on display and in a side match at the NorCal TBRC match this coming weekend. Free T5Xi scope coupons will be on the prize table as well. Stop me and say hi and Ill answer any questions you have.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I was able to shoot the side match. The scope is awesome to say the least. The reticle was my favorite part to a real great complete package. Then to make it better, I was able to finish high enough to grab one of the coupons off the table! I'd like to give out a big thanks to Steiner for listening to the competition community, pricing it better than fair, and then even giving back to the community in the way of prize table sponsorships!

I can't wait until September!

Ty

I think Steiner made a big score with this scope: great features, great glass, good magnification range and good price.
It is sure on my shopping list as soon as it hit the shelves.

LRCampos.

Got my hands on one over the weekend for a few minutes. It will be very easy to ensure your eye is centered on the scope.

If anyone is curious about how serious these guys are about producing quality optics, I was fortunate enough to tour their facility in Colorado right before the Hide Cup. I finished an article with lots of pictures if you want a look behind the scenes.

AccuracyTech | Steiner Optics Facility Tour

I put a little information on the new scope line at the beginning but that's really for other folks that come across the article, not guys from this site that are already in the know. I will say it was really interesting to see how they make a high quality precision optic and the process it goes through from bare tubing all the way up to a functioning scope! I'll thank Martin Noller for the tour, anybody that shot the Cup got to meet him on E1 as an RO. I tried to get a peek at the scope before the Cup but we didn't want to step on any engineer toes so I didn't get to see the new one till the rest of you at the Cup! This is on my list, I want one!!

They use this contraption for testing durability!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krSGkna8DA0

Here was some of the magic awaiting the pixie dust on the production floor!

Steiner-012.jpg

Thanks for the review and pictures, though I'd say your enthusiasm for this product really showed through. As an engineer that has always been involved with manufacturing, I enjoy seeing how other things are manufactured and what methods are used.

It also made me happy that I decided to get one of these when they arrive. I'm usually not one to be the guinea pig on newly released products, but believe that my risk is very low on this one.

I think that there was a pic in his article linked above, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for the review and pictures, though I'd say your enthusiasm for this product really showed through. As an engineer that has always been involved with manufacturing, I enjoy seeing how other things are manufactured and what methods are used.

It also made me happy that I decided to get one of these when they arrive. I'm usually not one to be the guinea pig on newly released products, but believe that my risk is very low on this one.

Hard not to show enthusiasm, they kinda made me a believer seeing how it all comes together. I have to start saving for one of these now!

The funny part is I went up with a lot of interest in their LRF binos, and they wound up getting me interested in their new scope too! I was interested in the current line but its a bit of a stretch for my wallet. The new line is right smack in doable territory.

Speaking of LRF binoculars, did you get to see the new 10x LRF binos? If so, what did you think?

The funny part is I went up with a lot of interest in their LRF binos, and they wound up getting me interested in their new scope too! I was interested in the current line but its a bit of a stretch for my wallet. The new line is right smack in doable territory.

I agree with your last statement. It's the same for me. Even so, it will be the most expensive scope I've purchased to date.

Thanks. I don't want to derail your thread, so I'll wait until something concrete happens in the other thread. It just may be too early.

In any case, I really like the look of the turrets and knobs on the new T5Xi. I know it's much more about functionality, repeat-ability and durability, but good looks can't hurt. September is right around the corner.

No worries, its not my thread to derail! September is close indeed, have to start working more overtime!

Was excited for the Gen II to come out... now I have to wait even longer for this to come out!

What a kick ass looking turret system, with MSR and that price? Dream come true, only way this would be any better is if it came out next week!

So just to clarify as I have re-read the entire thread a couple times.... Steiner is looking to make the center of the MSR line thickness smaller? Correct?

Seems like an awesome idea.... Glad they are going to make the center smaller!

Scope is looking better and better by the minute! Excited to see how this thing holds up...

Hopefully get those 25x pictures posted up soon with the Tene covers!

Beginning to think I'll use the Steiner T5Xi on one of my DTAs along with the March F 3-24X I already have mounted on my second DTA. Then mate the new Vortex Razor HD 4.5-27X with my new AI AXMC 308, when it arrives. I should be set and able to sell one of my S&B scopes to recoup some of the cost. We'll see how things fall into place in the coming months, but know I'll has a BLAST shooting this summer in the Arizona heat!!! Fall and winter here will be an added blessing.....

Same glass but that is pretty much where the comparison stops. Everything else was redesigned by the Steiner team here in the US. This is a US made product and thats where the cost savings came in for us. It made sense and it worked out great.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Your initial post says low profile turrets and saw the video posted of the new turrets but the photo you have of the 5-25 next to the 3-15 seems to have the high profile elevation turret. Now it is clearly marked "Military" and not "T5Xi" guessing it is the old model but will the new T5Xi 5-25 have the new low profile elevation turret system also?

Been scrolling back and forth looking for the answer but couldn't find anything concrete. Thanks for your time.

The new T5Xi 5-25 has the new turrets, they have the same features aside from the magnification range and a slight difference in size.

Your initial post says low profile turrets and saw the video posted of the new turrets but the photo you have of the 5-25 next to the 3-15 seems to have the high profile elevation turret. Now it is clearly marked "Military" and not "T5Xi" guessing it is the old model but will the new T5Xi 5-25 have the new low profile elevation turret system also?

Been scrolling back and forth looking for the answer but couldn't find anything concrete. Thanks for your time.

looking closer at that pic, its not of the 5x25, but the German 3x15. They havn't posted pics of the 5x25 T5XI yet..

The first post in the thread with Frank on the TRG at the Cup is the new 5-25. I got a chance to look at the same scope. It looks shorter like the 3-15 because of the angle.

Ok I'm a bit confused, According to promotive, I don't qualify for Steiner, but under the what teams are allowed under Steiner, US Army is one of them? What am I doing wrong?

Had the same thing when I signed up with Promotive; within 48 hours I had access.

All I see on there are Steiner Military scopes...which makes sense.

Ok I'm a bit confused, According to promotive, I don't qualify for Steiner, but under the what teams are allowed under Steiner, US Army is one of them? What am I doing wrong?

I emailed Steiner about a military discount and they forwarded me a price list that included several of their optics but not this line. They had the mil discount on the German version. I have yet to reply asking if and when they are going to have these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A) I just jizzed in my pants.
B) I was just about to pull the trigger on a Mark 6 1-6x...yeah, not any more.
C) At the very minimum, I will take one of each.
D) I have some scopes I need to sell.
E) WHERE THE F IS THE PRE-ORDER LIST?!? Need that link back ASAP.
F) S&B - F*CK YOU.

Somebody who has sat behind the 3-15x mounted to a rifle please comment on the eyebox.

I highly doubt its any different than the German made 15X and or even the older 16X. Both are extremely easy to get behind at any mag.

Any updates from Steiner to provide pics of the 1-5X models? I would like to get 3 units.

Any discounts should be discussed privately and not posted in a public forum.
This should apply to all manufacturers.

Why? It should be transparent to everyone. If someone wants a mil discount...feel free to step up to the line and raise their arm. Pain in the ass to route around trying to get mil price sheets. Just make it easy and available.

Why? It should be transparent to everyone. If someone wants a mil discount...feel free to step up to the line and raise their arm. Pain in the ass to route around trying to get mil price sheets. Just make it easy and available.
I agree. Every time someone mentions discount there is several people that say not to? Why. This is a public forum. If a company offers a discount why not let everyone know about, you are either qualified to get it or you ain't.