• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

Just a few question 1) For the 1-5x, With the Rapid dot 5.56 reticle what are the subtension set too. and 2) What would it take for one of these "blemished" ones to be thrown over the factory fence! XD

One of these would look great on my 3gun rifle!

Last edited:
On the illumination dial, it looks like there are "off" settings between the numbers. Is that the way it works?

Just a few question 1) For the 1-5x, With the Rapid dot 5.56 reticle what are the subtension set too. and 2) What would it take for one of these "blemished" ones to be thrown over the factory fence! XD

One of these would look great on my 3gun rifle!

Ill dig up the exact specs on that reticle.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sigh...shut up and take my money.

You are exactly right except that we redesigned the switch so that the in between settings have a hard disconnect meaning there is no battery drain at all.

When you say MSR reticle with a thinner floating cross... do you mean that the cross hair will not be as thick?

The only complaint I have with my Steiner 5x25 is that the cross hair is somewhat thick at full magnification, which is not something I run into with my Hensholdt or Premier scopes.

I still think the bang for the buck is awesome on the Steiner, and if the cross hair is a little more fine... then I'll need to be buying a lot more of them!

-grin-

I have a 5-25 MSR Made in Germany Steiner and love it.

Serious question, these look extremely similar to the Steiner I currently have and the 'from the rear' view, I'd probably not be able to tell mine apart.

What's that different that these are literally half the price? That's not a bad thing. Was just curious if the MSR reticle and Made in Germany make that much of a difference, or what stands out as being the difference in price point?

I have a 5-25 MSR Made in Germany Steiner and love it.

Serious question, these look extremely similar to the Steiner I currently have and the 'from the rear' view, I'd probably not be able to tell mine apart.

What's that different that these are literally half the price? That's not a bad thing. Was just curious if the MSR reticle and Made in Germany make that much of a difference, or what stands out as being the difference in price point?

This was talked about about a page back.

It has a lot to do with expensive labor costs in the EU, customs and taxes and everything else that goes with that.

This makes me wonder if any other German glass maker would try to do the same... can't imagine it would be easy.

Now, about those $4500 scopes... L O L

It has a lot to do with expensive labor costs in the EU, customs and taxes and everything else that goes with that.

This makes me wonder if any other German glass maker would try to do the same... can't imagine it would be easy.

Yeah the VAT is the dumbest, most anti commerce/capitalistic thing I have ever heard of and benefits absolutely noone yet affects 100% of people.

Makes sense. I didn't read the whole thread, was just curious if the price difference was due to something stupid (see: VAT) being worked around or because the Made in Germany optics were more of a premium optic with extra costs and the USA versions were built to a specific price point.

The 3-15 would be a high contender to go on my KAC SR25.

Swarovski has been building scopes in the us for years and we haven seen a price increase in a long time because of it. Meopta has been as well. You can thank them for the Zeiss Conquest rifle scopes. All it takes is money. I wonder if Beretta Defense is pumping $$$ into Steiner/Burris? Not to de-rail the thread.

Keep it up. The more I read the more I am tempted to pull the trigger on the 5x25.

Are the prices you stated set or are they going to go up after this intro? I'm really liking the line-up and the prices are great, had I seen it before I bought the S&B 5x25 it would surely would be on by current rifle.

Any possible plans to make it with the MTC? I really like your turret design and the changing numbers.. that is cool, kudos to the one who came up with that one for sure.

I have the P4F in my S&B and like the thickness of the lines, so if I read it correctly the SCR has the same line thickness, any others in the works that would have the same?

The SCR is thinner. The main lines are .035 mils thick.

After reading this post I'm a little bummed out. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like if I would have waited 11 months my 3K Steiner would have cost me 1900 bucks. I know they are a different model but everything I'm reading it basically the same scope (glass, internals, ect) which now makes my Steiner 5-25 street value a lot less...not trying to dump on your post but I feel the question is relevant it.

On a lighter note I do like the design of the new reticle.

Can anyone that has actually seen it compare the glass to another scope? Good as x scope? I love the reticle and the price.

Say a Leupold Mk6 3-18 illuminated TMR? (Of course, I just ordered a 3-15 so I want to hear it is as good if not better :p)

Can anyone that has actually seen it compare the glass to another scope? Good as x scope? I love the reticle and the price.

I haven't caught this --- is the illumination on or off, or adjustable....

Ready to pull the trigger on one.... As much as I'd like a MSR reticle, the thickness has me a bit off put.... though I do like the extra info

Thanks for keeping this updated and the preorder avail....

I haven't caught this --- is the illumination on or off, or adjustable....

Im not completely sure what you are asking but the scopes have adjustable illumination. Does that help? Sorry wasnt trying to sound rude if it came out that way.

Im not completely sure what you are asking but the scopes have adjustable illumination. Does that help? Sorry wasnt trying to sound rude if it came out that way.

Thats what I meant in obviously not the right words.... :)

Keep it up. The more I read the more I am tempted to pull the trigger on the 5x25.

Are the prices you stated set or are they going to go up after this intro? I'm really liking the line-up and the prices are great, had I seen it before I bought the S&B 5x25 it would surely would be on by current rifle.

Any possible plans to make it with the MTC? I really like your turret design and the changing numbers.. that is cool, kudos to the one who came up with that one for sure.

I have the P4F in my S&B and like the thickness of the lines, so if I read it correctly the SCR has the same line thickness, any others in the works that would have the same?

Prices are going to be fairly close and i dont expect them to go up.

No MTC

Nothing else in the works that will be that thin.

Last edited:
New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

I only see the one reticle? Where do I see the other options? I like a fine center but love the .2 windage. Is the center floating cross hair .2 from center? This is the scope I have been looking for if the glass is any good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They still look like baseball bats. I wish more companies would fall in line with the Nightforce 2.5-10X32 and 2.5-10X42 lines. I mean, these scopes are cool and ninja as hell, but they are hubble telescopes.

I only see the one reticle? Where do I see the other options? I like a fine center but love the .2 windage. Is the center floating cross hair .2 from center? This is the scope I have been looking for if the glass is any good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the only one we have verified as being available at this time. We are working on the MSR option now.

The center cross is .2 wide total with a .1 gap. The inside edge of the main horizontal line is your first .2 hold with every tick being .2. To shoot .5 miles you bracket it in the field goal. That was the idea behind the design.

After reading this post I'm a little bummed out. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like if I would have waited 11 months my 3K Steiner would have cost me 1900 bucks. I know they are a different model but everything I'm reading it basically the same scope (glass, internals, ect) which now makes my Steiner 5-25 street value a lot less...not trying to dump on your post but I feel the question is relevant it.

On a lighter note I do like the design of the new reticle.

+1 I asked about having mine retro-fitted with the SCR reticle and that was a big negatory. Only way to get it is to sell my current Steiner and buy a new one. For some reason I think the resell value of mine just took a massive hit LOL.... I sure like that new reticle though.

Meh. I'm a big fan of the G2 and these really don't float my boat enough to justify getting one to go along with my Steiner 4-16X50. Won't be selling the 4-16 either!

Oh well i think you guys skipped to the end. The G2 Mil dot and a MOA version are planned for 2015 but again it's just a plan at this point.

Last edited:
Oh well i think you guys skipped to the end. The G2 Mil dot and a MOA version will be out in early 2015

No, I read the whole thread. I absolutely love my Steiner scope and have since I got it. Were I just entering the scope market then one of the new offerings would be at the top of my list. Especially considering the price point. However; being a current owner, none of the new offerings are really enticing. They may be a little shorter in the height and length department, but really nothing ground breaking.

but really nothing ground breaking.

Umm, I think you may have put in a longer day than you realized....sure these may not be compelling for you to buy if all your rifles are "topped off"....but if some viable new optic comes in 42% less at street pricing, with the same glass/coatings as the existing German model(s), nicer turret spacing, lighter weight, lower profile, same warranty, assembled in the US, and more reticule options- I don't see how that is NOT ground breaking?

I don't have a need for a scope right now, but this is compelling enough to make me rethink that. Nice work Steiner!- I am really liking your SCR reticule-a great marriage of the MSR and H2CMR.

No, I read the whole thread. I absolutely love my Steiner scope and have since I got it. Were I just entering the scope market then one of the new offerings would be at the top of my list. Especially considering the price point. However; being a current owner, none of the new offerings are really enticing. They may be a little shorter in the height and length department, but really nothing ground breaking.

I have to politely disagree.

Steiner seems to be the only maker that has figured out a way of bringing the price down while maintaining the same level of quality.

When most others prices are going through the stratosphere, Steiner is keeping their scopes affordable.

Also, unlike other makers that keep making their scopes heavier, Steiner has listened and tried to make their scopes lighter.

The thing that excites me the most is the fact that finally there is a scope with everything i want, but none of the BS i don't want.

All this at a price that is rock bottom compared to its peers.

Many of us... well at least i think many of us, were hoping the Nightforce BEAST was going to be the coveted unicorn... you know, 5-25, affordable, light, no BS... kind of like the Nightforce F1... but that didn't happen and some of us have been hoping and waiting for someone to figure this out. Looks like Steiner did. :D

Price is nice, but they are still large. No matter how cheap they are, they are still large. While I applaud Steiner for lowering prices while keeping quality, a smaller scope should definitely be next. Along with the trend in sky rocketing prices is the trend of building ridiculously large scopes.

I have been thinking about getting a 5-25 something so I may actually just end up getting one of these with the G2.

Can you (Steiner) publish the FOV and eye relief numbers for us?

Sorry i dont have those to post at the moment but i will put them up tomorrow as well as some pictures.

I will need to verify those specs on the 3-15. Im not sure if those changed.

Last edited:
Price is nice, but they are still large. No matter how cheap they are, they are still large. While I applaud Steiner for lowering prices while keeping quality, a smaller scope should definitely be next. Along with the trend in sky rocketing prices is the trend of building ridiculously large scopes.

I have been thinking about getting a 5-25 something so I may actually just end up getting one of these with the G2.

Its not for everyone and we cant please everybody. Im not sure Id classify these as rididculiusly large but some might and that is ok. No harm no foul.

One more question: What is the MOA of the red dot on the 1 - 5X scopes?

Last edited:
Having shot both of these on the demo day at the cup, I gotta tell you these are the sh#!!!. As previously stated the design of the recticle had input from individuals who shoot national level competitions. Steiner listened to what this forum had to say. I feel the substensions at .2 are what will separate a hit from a miss as matches start having smaller and further targets. Having the first .2 under then .4 and .6 above and then .8 under makes perfect sense. As previously stated by the Steiner rep you bracket the .4 and .6 for a .5 wind hold. your eye will naturally go there. Once these hit the streets you will want one. I see some are saying that the size difference is not enough, I disagree. It will make a difference.

I wish more companies would fall in line with the Nightforce 2.5-10X32 and 2.5-10X42 lines.

I wish Nightforce would fall in line and offer their NXS line in FFP. There is probably a better chance of seeing slimer variants of these in the near future than seeing more NXS F1s. NF seems like a lost cause as far as affordable, quality FFP goes...