• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

Steiner Optics

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2012
Updated 9-29-14

The new Steiner T5Xi Rifle Scopes were introduced this past weekend at the Sniper's Hide Cup. The reception was overwhelming and giving the rest of you a chance to see what they are all about is in order.

We spent a great deal of time talking with people such as yourself to find out what you wanted, what you liked, what you don't like to come up with our new scope line. Below is the end result.

My apologies for the impromptu photos. What you are seeing below is the 3x-15x50mm version only. It looks exactly the same only longer.

- Utilizes Steiner's German engineered optical platform
- Steiner precision optics & coatings
- Designed, machined, and assembled in the USA
- Low profile knobs
- Foolproof second rotation indicator
- Positive click engagement
- Light weight (specs to follow shortly)
- Short length on the 3x-15x, 5x-25x is the same length
- Built in adapters for Tenebraex lens covers
- Magnification numbers view-able from behind the scope
- Locking diopter
- Easy set zero stop
- Removable turret cap
- Right and Left easily identifiable on windage
- Hard disconnect off for illumination
- User enable/disable auto-off illumination
- Large illumination area on the reticle

A few specs. I know everyone will want to know length and weight and I will post that information when it becomes available to me. They aren't heavy by any means but I will get you the specs.

- 34mm tube
- Side P/A
- P/A adjustable down to 20 meters on 3x-15x
- 12 mils per roation
- 2 full rotations
- FFP

3x-15x50mm

- Length: 13.1 inches
- Weight: 29.8 oz.

5x-25x56mm

- Length: 16.6 inches
- Weight: 32.9 oz.

In addition to the new scope we also have a new reticle called the SCR (Special Competition Reticle) that was designed through a collaboration of in-house product managers and several of our competition shooters as well as shooters not associated with Steiner. We owe a huge thank you to all of them for their time and hard work.

Rather than go through too much about it I will just post these pictures and answer questions about it as they come up.

Low Magnification

Medium Magnification

High Magnification

Target Retail (Street Price) - These are subject to change but look to be spot on at the moment. I don't anticipate these to vary much if at all from now until actual delivery.

T5Xi

1x-5x24mm Rapid Dot 556: $1399
1x-5x24mm Rapid Dot 762: $1399

3x-15x50mm SCR: $1799

5x-25x56mm SCR: $1999

We are hoping to have the MSR reticle with a thinner floating cross available as well

On the shelf delivery date is targeted for October 2014

Short video to show the new turret system. Notice the tactile clicks

Steiner T5Xi Turret System - YouTube

A bit about the turret system. The entire rotation indicator assembly is located inside of the cap itself and is completely sealed. Nothing gets in there including dirt, moisture, or dust. If for whatever reason you have an issue with the turret you simply replace the entire assembly by loosening the 2 set screws that you would normally use to set the zero stop. Another nice feature is it allows you to change your turret without having to re-zero. If you take it off at the 4.3 mils mark for example then simply replace it at the 4.3 mils mark and you are good to go. Removing the turret is not an issue.

Feel free to post your questions and we will answer them as best we can as quickly as we can.

Last edited:
At that price point I can see Steiner selling a bunch of these.

I'm all in on this. Excellent features and exactly what I want.

Last edited:
Wow. I think I know what will be going on my SPR now. Way to go Steiner.

Will these be made available on the Promotive site?

After having their 4-16 and now a 3-15 I Can only imagine how sweet these are going to be !!! And only $1900 for the 5-25 is awesome!!! I see Steiner taking over the tactical scope market very soon...

Wow, these look great! Good job, great feature set and I LOVE the look of the new reticle.

Edit: Ideas on what they will weigh?

I will post weights and lengths as soon as I have them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is exactly what I have been looking for! I can't wait to get one of the 5-25x T5Xi's mounted on my rifle.

Does the eye relief stay (pretty much) the same as on the current 5-25 or does it move around as you change magnification?

Does the eye relief stay (pretty much) the same as on the current 5-25 or does it move around as you change magnification?

The eye relief remains constant

Last edited:
Not to leave anyone out so Im sure these will be available at all of your favorite SH sponsoring retailers.

The optics are exactly the same as the current 5x scopes so the eye relief will stay pretty much constant throughout the range. That was one feature that I considered a must have and they nailed it. You will be happy with it.

I was afraid you'd say that. Well, so much for a new car this year!

Sorry if this is an obvious question - but what are the differences between this line and the existing 3-15 and 5-25s? Same glass but cheaper is amazing!

Sorry if this is an obvious question - but what are the differences between this line and the existing 3-15 and 5-25s? Same glass but cheaper is amazing!

This is a US made scope.

Last edited:
Unconditional lifetime warranty??
If so, then this may be the unicorn I've been waiting for!!!

Also I forgot to mention that these scopes will be on display and in a side match at the NorCal TBRC match this coming weekend. Free T5Xi scope coupons will be on the prize table as well. Stop me and say hi and Ill answer any questions you have.

Unconditional lifetime warranty??
If so, then this may be the unicorn I've been waiting for!!!

These will fall under our Heritage Warranty which is pretty much unconditional. Unicorn season opens in September. Happy hunting!

Finally, price sanity is returning to the high end optics market!

I have the current Steiner 5x25 and love it. At the quoted pricing for the new line, all of my rifles will soon be sporting Steiners.

Way to go Steiner!!!

Just got a M5Xi 5-25 a month ago. At least I got an MSR reticle for an extra $1500. Never fails, I feel like an iPhone owner!

I've wanted a Steiner for a long time, but the weight has been a no-go. Sure hope the 3-15 comes in at 24 oz or less. I will follow this closely.
Charles

Good things come to those that wait , I'm glad I waited and didn't pre-order my other options . If your price point stays as posted I'm ALL IN !

Nice new scopes Steiner!

With those prices it looks like Steiner is looking to ruin the competition, ditto to splat's post!

What is the line thickness of that new reticle and the new MSR version?

Are these new models going to replace the current lineup?

Are the new reticles going to also go with the current 15X and 25X or just the ones?

The SCR looks pretty good but from the looks of the center is appears fairly small. Any chance you can post some through the scope pictures of the reticle at varying magnifications against cluttered backgrounds? Say 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25X?

Since this is a US made scope(s) how is the ruggedness compared to the German counterpart?

Last edited:
I love everything about the scope but for me and my use i am not sure about the retical. It is to busy for my like. I will have to have 1 in hand to make a decision if it will work for me. I love a mildot for hunting, is this the only 1 that will be offered in these 2 scopes?

Lots of questions here so let me try to cover them all.

Nice new scopes Steiner!

With those prices it looks like Steiner is looking to ruin the competition, ditto to splat's post!

What is the line thickness of that new reticle and the new MSR version?

We have not verified that the MSR will be available but we are working hard to get that done.

As for the SCR:

The main lines on the 5-25 are .035 with a .030 thick floating cross.

The main lines on the 3-15 are .050 with a .040 floating cross

I will verify those subtensions

Are these new models going to replace the current lineup?

This new line will not replace the current M5Xi scopes

Are the new reticles going to also go with the current 15X and 25X or just the ones?

The SCR will only be available in the new T5Xi scopes

The SCR looks pretty good but from the looks of the center is appears fairly small. Any chance you can post some through the scope pictures of the reticle at varying magnifications against cluttered backgrounds? Say 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25X?

I can try. Honestly you just need to see it for yourself. We had a lot of eyes on it this past weekend and nobody mentioned it being too small. PM me with your match schedule and i will try to make it out that way.

Since this is a US made scope(s) how is the ruggedness compared to the German counterpart?

Too early to tell but we are putting them through some pretty good use right now. I hope to have more information on this very soon. Honestly this is one area I feel very confident in.

Last edited:
No brainer. This is my next 5-25 scope.

Already own a 3-15 military and it's amazing.

I was scrolling through here again and was thinking that the reticle shown was the only 1 offered. I had a 4-16 in the G2B mildot. Will this be available in these scopes? If so these 2 scopes will have a new home on my 2 builds when they come out.

dan

I will surely pre-order the 5-25 if the MSR is a go. Will it be illum you think? Made in the USA with the MSR at a DO-ABLE price...NICE.