• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

The tactical/military are both the same German-made scopes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So will the Steiner USA made scopes be of equal quality in all aspects as compared to the Steiner German made scopes ?

Last edited:
New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

Do you really think Steiner would sully their reputation, in arguably the world's largest tactical scope market, with an inferior product?

Steiner is not some small secondary market player who has decided to play with the big boys and make scopes. They have been doing this for long enough, they know what is at stake here and have invested accordingly. Everyone measures due diligence differently, some people will be keen to wait a while to see how they perform and that's fine too.

Do you really think Steiner would sully their reputation, in arguably the world's largest tactical scope market, with an inferior product?

as I understand it the 4x zoom scopes are made in the usa and up to this point the 5x zoom scopes were made in Germany.. Perhaps someone who has experience with both types (usa made and german made) would have an opinion

Steiner is not some small secondary market player who has decided to play with the big boys and make scopes. They have been doing this for long enough, they know what is at stake here and have invested accordingly. Everyone measures due diligence differently, some people will be keen to wait a while to see how they perform and that's fine too.

I saw the Rex review of a german made steiner scope and Rex indicated that it was top shelf.... In a shotshow video (about 20 seconds into the video) the steiner rep stated that steiner got back into the rifle scope business about 2 yrs ago after being out of it for about 20 years... but I could have misunderstood the steiner reps remarks... but that is what I think he said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzx3DscRvwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66baMLnmdX4

Last edited:
Wow cabelas is selling that 4x16 for over $1000 more than anyone else.

I bet that's a typo and the 3-12 is $2295, they aren't even listing the 4-16... did you actually even bother to look at that page LOL

Last edited:
how did you arrived at that conclusion?

That question was addressed on here sometime ago, as it has been asked before given the projected price difference with the new line. One of the Steiner guys commented on here that field testing had gone very well and durability was expected to be tip top. Glass is the same as the German models and because everything is assembled in-house in the US, Steiner is able to produce the product at a cheaper cost now that various taxes and shipping fees no longer apply with it coming from Germany.

Pic of the 5-25? I can't find it.

There is a pic of the 5-25 earlier in this thread. Also, here ya go:

a94b46676801e5e758638317742f552d.jpg

I think we're close enough now that we need a specific date in September! Come on, release it already.

Let's be patient and wait for our call!!! Now if it spills over into Oct. or Nov., I think I'll be disappointed, but "it it what it is" and I feel it's definitely worth waiting for! Just using my S&B 5-25X DT with MTC and MSR and March F 3-24X 42mm FML-1 and trying to decide which one it will replace and keep a scope for a spare, if I have issues with one of my regular shooters.

Just heard 1st quarter of next year,
I'm extremely disappointed. My rifle is only a month out I cant wait 3 more to put glass on it.

That would be a mild shock. Where did you hear that?? Please provide a source.

Don't spread rumors, give them a chance.

Everything about this scope is a rumor .
when someone says its going to be available 1st week in September thats also a rumor , but no one says not to spread that.
maybe you mean only spread positive rumors. Really im just sparring with you friend, I will be giving them a chance, hopefully sooner than later.

Just called europtic thats what they said I dont how solid it is , but there isn't even pricing yet , believe me I hope its misinformation.

I called my vendor on Friday to place a pre-order and he told me right then he would call them and call me back. I got the same "They don't have a pricing structure yet" and are not taking pre-orders. There was nothing said about release so that I cannot say. They could still be releasing it September.

I won't/can't wait until next year or even October or November, but that's just me, I'm sure many will.

I don't believe it! Not one post screaming on the 1st, "Where are the scopes???" I'm proud of you guys. :)

I am still waiting on pricing for the new Steiner scopes from my rep. I plan on carrying them, but I also have not been given availability or pricing yet.

Well that remains to be seen as they are a bit slow on the release as well. Anyone received their's yet? Gen II Vortex that is.

I don't believe it! Not one post screaming on the 1st, "Where are the scopes???" I'm proud of you guys. :)

So has the timeline been totally blown or can we expect them soon? I have my first precision rifle inbound and it needs glass. This scope looks awesome, but if it's still months out I'll just buy a Nightforce.

This thread has been so light on info from any direct Steiner sources that I'm not holding my breath that it's anything but a prototype that might never see production. I refuse to get all hot and bothered about something that is not yet real.

I won't have funds for a new high-dollar scope until spring anyway, so it'll be this or the new Vortex. Hopefully by then there will be real-world reviews of the Steiner, or discounts on the Vortex. Patience is a bitch, but thankfully I don't have a choice. ;-)

I'm a very patient person, I placed my pre-order, paid up front and really have only had contact with Scott just a few times since ordering. I knew it may be awhile and I'm fine with that because initially the contact with Steiner was good but in light of the new "allegations" that it may be next year before they arrive, it is completely reasonable for consumers to start questioning where the scopes are at in production and a realistic timeline. Even if the timeline needs to be extended, it will be more well received if Steiner is honest with the consumers. Just my .02

Really don't know what I may do, I can't get that much scope anywhere else for near Steiners original quoted prices.

Last edited:
I'm a very patient person, I placed my pre-order, paid up front and really have only had contact with Scott just a few times since ordering. I knew it may be awhile and I'm fine with that because initially the contact with Steiner was good but in light of the new "allegations" that it may be next year before they arrive, it is completely reasonable for consumers to start questioning where the scopes are at in production and a realistic timeline. Even if the timeline needs to be extended, it will be more well received if Steiner is honest with the consumers. Just my .02

Really don't know what I may do, I can't get that much scope anywhere else for near Steiners original quoted prices.

I wouldn't count on the pricing they originally set.

I wouldn't count on the pricing they originally set.

Are you speculating or do you know something we don't? I think one of this scopes main competitors (and maybe design target looking at the measurements) is the MK6, so I can honestly see it retailing around the $2k mark. But this is all conjecture until something comes from Steiner.

The first post said "These are subject to change but look to be spot on at the moment" and are now saying that they don't have a pricing structure yet. If these scopes perform the way they should they are worth more than the original pricing set. I think everyone would say that but hoping pricing doesn't change. You can call it speculation or just plain common sense.

omg, people, it's the 3rd. I know they are in production and as far as I know nothing has changed in regards to delivery. I also know there are no changes to pricing, stop spreading rumors. There is more drama here than with my 11 year old daughter's friends.

Patience is waiting for something to occur as promised. I put my money down and have contacted nobody about it since. Once September goes by with no communication, I will make contact and ask questions, but not before. And even if it is after, I will not be panicking and freaking out.

I actually laugh at most of these posts, especially the rumor-mongers and panickers. I mean, really people? Go back and read every other thread regarding the release of of new great scope (Beast and Vortex GII being most recent). What is the most common theme?

Two things. It takes time to bring out a good solid new product. And the chicken littles running around screaming "The sky is falling" and creating panic rumors.

It's funny really.

I feel for you if you ordered this scope with a set date that you just HAD to have it, but realize that you should have given it a bit more thought if that was your plan. Or maybe you should have ordered that other scope you had your eye on and is already out.

Yes, I would like to see it on my rifle as much as the next guy, but I'll wait.

Carry on.

Did not mean for my opinion to be construed as rumor. Reading it back it still doesn't sound like I'm spreading rumors. Why would you say that?

There are no pricing changes, period. I try not to respond to every drama comment on these threads, but next it will be "I read on SH there are pricing changes." You ever play telephone? This place is a thousand times worse. There are no pricing changes, I don't even know why you would bring it up. Also, I don't get involved in these BS forum fights, so this is my last comment on the subject.

Last edited: