• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

Not for nothing but we aren't into October yet. If they miss the deadline then flame away, but until they fail to deliver on the promise all this griping and bitching is a bunch of bullshit.

Half the people that jump on these threads ask questions that have already been answered pages ago and then they get their panties twisted when the Reps don't personally re-answer the question.

A quarter of the participants like to offer criticism of the design and ask for changes or the addition of features that if undertaken would set the whole process back six months. All this without ever having held one mind you.

That leaves maybe a quarter who offer something constructive to the discussion. Frankly with all the bitching and whining in this thread to this point I'm amazed they even bother.

If everyone could wait until they actually miss their deadline before all the "I'm going to buy something else" crap starts at least when the complaints roll in you have something to stand on. I hope they ship all these on the 30th just to make people eat crow.

I have to agree with LawnMM this thread totally got out of hand with the repeated questions and the false information. RJ thanks for trying to keep this thread on track and answering the legitimate questions on here.

Wow some of you are more impatient than my wife and I didn't think that was possible! I just heard early October today and personally I think that's fair for a stated TARGET date of September. S&B kept pushing back the release of the 3-20 for how long? And Let's not even discuss the Beast fiasco... Less than a month is pretty good compared to the competition so cut them some slack! All the bitching is going to do is make them hesitant to release any news for new upcoming products. Then you will all cry that they didn't give you any warning and you bought another product instead. Now you will have to sell that before you can afford the new Steiner you would have wanted instead.

Last edited:
I'm going to buy one either way, and I am not in a hurry.

But from the POV of other people who are waiting or are planning to have them for hunts/comps coming up, I can sympathize with that too.

I still think that The King's story that Hitler has buried them in his vagina is true and until someone from Beretta/Burris/Steiner says otherwise that's what I'm going with.

I thought I was reading the 2014 AX thread for a minute. I would personally use the optic purchased and shot with this year for next year's comps and so on. Not a fan of changes at the 11th hour, I've been caught in that zipper before.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Let's remember now: quality, low price compared to competition, fast.... You can only have 2 at a time in the real world.

If you freak out because these don't happen this month, you probably voted for the current president.

I understand people's frustration, but I'd rather be patient and wait for an awesome product (at a really affordable price) than have them release something prematurely that isn't ready yet - just for the sake of meeting a deadline. And FFS, it's still September...

I waited fucking 4 or 5 YEARS for the next version (at the time) of the IL-2 flight sim series (IL-2: Cliffs of Dover) to come out...Every month for those 4 or 5 years it was "it will be done in a few weeks."

If these scopes still haven't been released 6 months from now.......well that's a different story.

hysterical..... well done.

Let's remember now: quality, low price compared to competition, fast.... You can only have 2 at a time in the real world.

If you freak out because these don't happen this month, you probably voted for the current president.

Speaking for myself, I don't have time to wait. Thats why I moved on. I have competitions in October and November and have no glass.

It's no big deal. I'm not all bunjed up about it. Ill give the the Steiner a go when it comes out. This way I don't have to stress over when it is finally going to hit the market, then watch the clock waiting for it to hit my doorstep. I'm covered and I can be patient. Burris still got my money either way.

I'm going to buy one either way, and I am not in a hurry.

But from the POV of other people who are waiting or are planning to have them for hunts/comps coming up, I can sympathize with that too.

If you are planning your hunting or competition schedule around the acquisition of an unreleased product you deserve to be disappointed. If you have something important on the calendar, go with a sure thing. Don't count on a new scope being released, your gunsmithing work finishing up early, parts being delivered on time, or the existence of Santa Claus.

I waited fucking 4 or 5 YEARS for the next version (at the time) of the IL-2 flight sim series (IL-2: Cliffs of Dover) to come out...Every month for those 4 or 5 years it was "it will be done in a few weeks."

That's what you get for listening to Oleg. All the "2 weeks" patches from PF should have been a dead give away.

The thing I"m interested to see is the reticle in the field at various magnifications and how well these will stand up over time.

Last edited:
I'll wait for mine. I have others and like them and have plenty of other optics to use. The beast took a long long time to be released and I'm very happy with my purchase there just as I feel I'll be happy with the purchase of this new steiner, especially at the price point!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to read through everything here or even touch the PMs I have but I'll try to make my way through it all.

Real quick I will correct all of the mis-information that I think is being put out in this thread. I will add to it as I find more mis-information.

The T5Xi scopes are not being manufactured in Asia. They are being manufactured here in the US and anyone who would like to see them in production is more than welcome to stop by and have a look for yourself just as several of posters here have already done including LowLight.

The release has been delayed slightly due to a couple of enhancements that we wanted to incorporate prior to release. The first units will be shipping out in about 3-4 weeks and nearly all of the first run will be out the door by the end of October barring any unforeseen setbacks. It happens but we don't anticipate anything holding us back.

With the previously mentioned enhancements there was a cost increase which created a retail price increase as well. Below are the actual retail prices:

T5Xi 1x-5x24mm 5.56 or 7.62 Rapid Dot $1399.99
T5Xi 3x-15x50mm SCR $1799.99
T5Xi 5x-25x56mm SCR $1999.99

As you can see we are very close to what we anticipated and below our originally targeted price.

The MSR version is scheduled for a mid 2015 date if all goes as planned.

There aren't any issues with the turrets. We made some changes to them as one of the enhancements I mentioned earlier but there were no issues encountered.

Anyone claiming to have inside information, I can assure you does not. Throwing a name out does make a statement valid especially when the statements are wrong. Any changes to pricing, release dates, feature sets, manufacturing locations would all have to come across my desk so please consider me to be the only true source of information. There are plenty of people here that know what is going on and they can and will answer your questions. The information they have came from me and it is factual.

If anyone would like to contradict the above I would request that you call your inside source and the 3 of us will have a discussion.

I think there was also some talk about me no longer being in my current position. I hope that this post will clear that up as well. I won't be posting much on here much but guys like QuickDraw can answer just about anything you will want to know. Don't kill him with PMs but he chimes in when he sees questions.

As for Steiner in general, we have a ton of new projects going on and we are all very hard at it. It just doesn't leave much time for forums unfortunately. Now I'll try to get through this thread and hopefully get to some PMs.

Last edited:
I want one, but I've called Steiner 3x over the past week or so. No one answers and no one returns calls.
Makes me concerned about any warranty issues.
Burris, on the other hand, picked up and was as helpful as could be.

You should have asked about Steiner when you were on the phone with the Burris guys. They are one and the same. lol We use the same tech reps.

In my humble opinion IF Burris has ANYTHING to do with these new steiner tactical scopes then there will be a lot of disappointed folks... I hope this is not the case

Why would Burris have anything to do with a Steiner scope or a Steiner anything? That's like saying I sure hope Benelli has nothing to do with the design of the new Beretta rifle. Why would they?

Please take Burris discussions out of this thread. It's not relevant at all. We share a bathroom and a refrigerator and sometimes those guys will eat our donuts and coffee (usually SkyI suspect lol) but other than that we have nothing in common and we share nothing as far as products go. We have worked on things cooperatively such as reticle design and thats never a bad thing for the end user. I couldn't tell you anything about what they are doing on their side of the building and they couldn't tell you anything about what we are doing. They simply don't know and don't care. Oh and we share a warehouse but the stipulation is that their stuff not touch our stuff because we don't want cooties. I hope that clears up the Steiner/Burris relationship.

Last edited:
They simply don't know and don't care. Oh and we share a warehouse but the stipulation is that their stuff not touch our stuff because we don't want cooties. I hope that clears up the Steiner/Burris relationship.

Sounds like a girlfriend I once had. She didn't know, didn't care and thats why she had Cooties.

Kidding aside, thanks for the update.

With the previously mentioned enhancements there was a cost increase which created a retail price increase as well. Below are the actual retail prices:

T5Xi 1x-5x24mm 5.56 or 7.62 Rapid Dot $1399.99
T5Xi 3x-15x50mm SCR $1799.99
T5Xi 5x-25x56mm SCR $1999.99

Thanks for following up.

Can you expand on these enhancements leading to the price increase? Are these tangible features the end user will see and/or use on the range, or are they more mechanical in nature; ie. making the product more robust, different glass, etc.?

Cheers

As far as complaints, I have no issues with the release dates being pushed back a little, I think that price point is great and am excited to pick up a 5-25. Like I said, I like the new reticle a lot, I think people are stuck on MSR because it was one of the better ones in the "Euro" glass but this new one is really great for comp shooters.

My only concern was that the official Steiner rep went AWOL from the thread for almost four months, and obviously that has been corrected as of today. Probably better that he is working on actual products than hand holding in the forum, but a monthly check in might go a long way in the future on these.

Quickdraw and Martin(Steiner Rep) are both good dudes, they were fun to meet at the SH Cup. If the glass in the 5-25 is on par with the Military line and the turrets track like other Steiners do by reputation, this is going to be one helluva scope at almost half the weight of the Vortex Razor Gen 2. I want one for a LR hunting rifle/match rifle. Good job guys!

Burris has to wait to fill current orders for the XTR II's before they switch the line over to produce the T5Xi's with different knob's, ocular housings, and markings.

Umm what? Switch what line? The XTR II's are imported. The T5Xi is manufactured in the US. What line are they switching?

Thanks for following up.

Can you expand on these enhancements leading to the price increase? Are these tangible features the end user will see and/or use on the range, or are they more mechanical in nature; ie. making the product more robust, different glass, etc.?

Cheers

We felt that opening up the turret windows would improve the visibility of the numbers. It was already very good but why settle if you think you can do it better? So we made the decision to have this reworked and the parts made which set us back on the release date. That's one of the reasons we are going to miss the date. I thought it was worth it once I saw the redesigned prototype turret. Well worth the wait if you ask me, and they did, so we waited.

The other enhancements were in the glass and coatings. You most likely won't notice the changes we made considering you most likely didn't see the first models we were running around with but we thought it was good to come out of the gate with the best product possible. It cost more but that's always the case when it comes to better glass.

Glad to see that you are here answering questions. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, QuickDraw deserves a bonus and kudos for trying to keep up with this thread's madness while you were otherwise occupied.

In any case, as I did not schedule my life around the release of this scope, I am still quite pleased to be in line for one.

My only concern was that the official Steiner rep went AWOL from the thread for almost four months, and obviously that has been corrected as of today. Probably better that he is working on actual products than hand holding in the forum, but a monthly check in might go a long way in the future on these.

Quickdraw and Martin(Steiner Rep) are both good dudes, they were fun to meet at the SH Cup. If the glass in the 5-25 is on par with the Military line and the turrets track like other Steiners do by reputation, this is going to be one helluva scope at almost half the weight of the Vortex Razor Gen 2. I want one for a LR hunting rifle/match rifle. Good job guys!

Not directed at you specifically but to anyone feeling they NEED answers immediately:

I wasn't posting on here for a reason that I won't share. No harm in letting you boys talk amongst yourselves. Any update I would have posted would have been incorrect in the end and that's what we wanted to avoid. If you look at the original post you will see that everything was very open ended. Expected pricing, target release dates, etc. We are aware of what the chatter is and when we need to jump in we will but having just read the entire thread there really wasn't much to address. Impatience isn't an emergency. When I have concrete information that you can count on then I will let everyone know which is what I'm doing. Things change extremely fast when releasing a new scope. What I know today was speculation yesterday and just an idea the day before. Tomorrow it may completely change again. It's the nature of the business.

One other thing, your dealers didn't have a pricing structure because we didn't want them taking your money too soon. Please don't speculate as to why we didn't have a final pricing structure. It was done to protect both you and us. Steiner has taken no orders for these scopes for that reason or they just started taking them in the last couple of days (not my department). We don't want someone hanging on to your cash until we have something ready to go out the door. If you sent someone money or preordered then that is between you and them, not you and Steiner.

Last edited:
Glad to see that you are here answering questions. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, QuickDraw deserves a bonus and kudos for trying to keep up with this thread's madness while you were otherwise occupied.

In any case, as I did not schedule my life around the release of this scope, I am still quite pleased to be in line for one.

Don't worry about QuickDraw, that guy is fondling at least $10k worth of my stuff as we speak. :D

Not directed at you specifically but to anyone feeling they NEED answers immediately:

I wasn't posting on here for a reason that I won't share. No harm in letting you boys talk amongst yourselves. Any update I would have posted would have been incorrect in the end and that's what we wanted to avoid. If you look at the original post you will see that everything was very open ended. Expected pricing, target release dates, etc. We are aware of what the chatter is and when we need to jump in we will but having just read the entire thread there really wasn't much to address. Impatience isn't an emergency. When I have concrete information that you can count on then I will let everyone know which is what I'm doing. Things change extremely fast when releasing a new scope. What I know today was speculation yesterday and just an idea the day before. Tomorrow it may completely change again. It's the nature of the business.

One other thing, your dealers didn't have a pricing structure because we didn't want them taking your money too soon. Please don't speculate as to why we didn't have a final pricing structure. It was done to protect both you and us. Steiner has taken no orders for these scopes for that reason or they just started taking them in the last couple of days (not my department). We don't want someone hanging on to your cash until we have something ready to go out the door. If you sent someone money or preordered then that is between you and them, not you and Steiner.

Ok, those are some fair points and you obviously had a reason you don't want to discuss for not posting. Again, I never complained at all, just made the statement yesterday that September was almost gone and we hadn't heard much of anything from you officially. I appreciate you guys not playing the over promise game, I don't think that has been done at all.

Really what it comes down to is this just seemed like a scope almost too good to be true (which is a good problem to have) and then when communication kinda just disappeared it made people possibly think that something was up. Really looking forward to running one of these, thanks for updating us and putting out what seems to be a great product. Also, thanks again for supporting matches like the Cup and taking your time to be there, really makes a difference on the shooter end and helps us decide who to support with our limited glass budgets!

I don't know if it's been considered by Steiner , but a mli rangefinder (similar to the G7BR2 ) by Steiner for less $$$$ would be another world beater just as the new scope is bound to be .
Just a suggestion , Thanks for the update !

I have to say that's more like it hearing from the Steiner rep. That's all most of us were looking for. Not so hard or time consuming was it? Minor price increase no issue for me! Still seems like a smoking deal!!!

Good to see the Steiner Rep in the forum again. Makes me wonder if my letter to my beloved 5-25 finally made it through.

I do have a problem buying this Steiner which I believe made in China no matter how much the Steiner people keep an eye on the factory. Nothing from Bauer down jackets, boots, shoes, answering machines, work and they are made in China.

Are you serious? SMH If you are so sure then come check it out for yourself. Not sure what else to tell you. Heck let's make it interesting and put a wager on it.

I have to say that's more like it hearing from the Steiner rep. That's all most of us were looking for. Not so hard or time consuming was it? Minor price increase no issue for me! Still seems like a smoking deal!!!

Not so hard but yes very time consuming and it will be even more time consuming if I have to come back and eat my words.

Not so hard but yes very time consuming and it will be even more time consuming if I have to come back and eat my words.

What is that saying? "Crow is best eaten warm"? Anyone who has done anything of note has had delays, cost overruns, and the like. All that can be forgiven. What does hurt (and I'm NOT saying Steiner did this) is feeling like you were sandbagged. So if something doesn't go according to plan, just let us know and we will all be cool.

Last edited:
Thats because the pricing places it 20% less than other similar scopes made in the USA. One has to wonder how these cost savings were achieved. I mean look at Nightforce 3-15 F1. It costs $2500 minus the rings and sunshade for a comparable total of $2100. This 3-15 Seiner is $400 cheaper. How? Why? Is Steiner taking a loss in order to lure customers away from Leupold or NF? Or is it cuz Steiner is able to source materials, equipment, facilities, labor more efficiently being they are a part of Beretta?

It's valid question. I know why ours scope costs us what it does and we aren't losing money on it. I can't answer for anyone else.

When will you give the green light for vendors to accept pre-orders? And how many units will be in the first run, roughly?

Mr. Steiner Rep, any chance you could hook us up with some new pics (I still haven't seen the 1-5x)?

Thanks for somehow tolerating this crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's been considered by Steiner , but a mli rangefinder (similar to the G7BR2 ) by Steiner for less $$$$ would be another world beater just as the new scope is bound to be .
Just a suggestion , Thanks for the update !

The team has been shooting these

http://www.opticsplanet.com/steiner-8x30-military-r-lrf-binoculars.html

the past couple of months. It took a lot for me to give up my 10x50s, but these new, smaller, faster, lighter models with a G2B reticle are great. They have ranged at matches where other manufacturers would not work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk