• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

When will you give the green light for vendors to accept pre-orders? And how many units will be in the first run, roughly?

That will be up to the dealers once we have accepted their orders which I have verified we have not done yet.

There are a large number of scopes coming in this first run all of which are 5-25 SCRs but it's hard to say if it will be enough to meet the demand. I'm sure you can understand that I can't give you an exact number.

We felt that opening up the turret windows would improve the visibility of the numbers. It was already very good but why settle if you think you can do it better? So we made the decision to have this reworked and the parts made which set us back on the release date. That's one of the reasons we are going to miss the date. I thought it was worth it once I saw the redesigned prototype turret. Well worth the wait if you ask me, and they did, so we waited.

The other enhancements were in the glass and coatings. You most likely won't notice the changes we made considering you most likely didn't see the first models we were running around with but we thought it was good to come out of the gate with the best product possible. It cost more but that's always the case when it comes to better glass.

Agree on all accounts - thank you.

Holy shit, you're not dead! Welcome back, this thread turned into a clustercuss while you were away.

But to me I don't think it really did. Some wanting them to come out right away and some people just spreading rumors. Other than that it wasn't too bad. It's entertaining even for me so carry on.

I heard the factory was running out of Unicorn blood and Stripper tears used on the lens coatings, but that was never confirmed.

We felt that opening up the turret windows would improve the visibility of the numbers. It was already very good but why settle if you think you can do it better? So we made the decision to have this reworked and the parts made which set us back on the release date. That's one of the reasons we are going to miss the date. I thought it was worth it once I saw the redesigned prototype turret. Well worth the wait if you ask me, and they did, so we waited.

The other enhancements were in the glass and coatings. You most likely won't notice the changes we made considering you most likely didn't see the first models we were running around with but we thought it was good to come out of the gate with the best product possible. It cost more but that's always the case when it comes to better glass.

Could you give us a pic of the redesigned turret?

Re: the improved glass, in what way did the image quality improve? Resolution, contrast, or both? Could you share the resolution number? The reason I ask is in these high magnification scopes the image gets real dim between 17-25x. Did a new coating technology become available to improve the image quality at 25x?

Just 4 weeks too late for me. But glad for the delay nonetheless if the product is improved.

I'll treat myself to one for Christmas.

Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing these in hand.

If you will be at the 2014 Precision Rifle Series Finale match this weekend, DTros (Dorgan with Team Steiner) will be shooting a 5-25 prototype and I will be shooting one at the ThunderBeast Team Challenge in a couple of weeks. Find us and check them out.

I have a question! How come my most recent military 5-25 is in back order! ;)

Oh... Probably because of demand. :p

Hope ur doing well Martin.

Look forward to seeing the improved turret as the original did look like it was not the most visible,

Look forward to the update.

If you will be at the 2014 Precision Rifle Series Finale match this weekend, DTros (Dorgan with Team Steiner) will be shooting a 5-25 prototype and I will be shooting one at the ThunderBeast Team Challenge in a couple of weeks. Find us and check them out.

Any chance you will have it out at CRC for the steel match Sat?

Steiner Optics, are you able to provide an estimate of when these scopes may make their way to Australia?

I wouldn't expect them until late 2015 in Australia but I don't know that for sure. That's just my personal thought.

Could you give us a pic of the redesigned turret?

Re: the improved glass, in what way did the image quality improve? Resolution, contrast, or both? Could you share the resolution number? The reason I ask is in these high magnification scopes the image gets real dim between 17-25x. Did a new coating technology become available to improve the image quality at 25x?

No pics of the turret just yet.

New coating technology is always coming available and yes this scope will have a different coating from the M5Xi scopes. I will see what I can do for resolution numbers.

This scope will be one hell of a deal. German glass, made here in the USA, and pricing that doesn't make you have to sell a kidney. Will definitely be springing for one when the time comes. Thanks Steiner!

If you see me hovering around your rifle with a wrench, you might want to slap my hand.

I'm looking forward to seeing one in person.

If I have to red loctite everything, it will give me an excuse not to return it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Let me try to understand this whole thing. Steiner announces a new properly price pointed optic for us with a tentative release date, looks like it will roll out several weeks past the date and a general melt down fecal matter sling fest begins. Steiner Optics (aka Martin) does not post for a time on here, probably because he is busy engineering, all the while sporting a front shirt pencil pocket protector, attending meetings yelling "Auchtung". Steiner Optics is a busy guy like many rifle shooters, who tend to be too busy on the range sending rounds practicing, teaching or competing rather than posting EVERYDAY, we joke between ourselves when we have a conversation/argument on the range...Wait lets pack up go home and argue this out on the interwebs....

Folks Get a grip these optics will be released, I am looking forward to running a few myself. Steiner as well as others have given us precision rifle shooters unprecedented advancements in gear and technology over the past few years, we all benefit in the end.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but just to clarify.

When you say retail will be $1999 on the 5x25, you are talking street price, not MSRP?

Hate to have to dial it down to nitpicky details. But I work in a gunshop and go to medical school, I'm not exactly flush with cash. So I have to budget pretty hard for new toys, ammo, and entry fees.

Why would Burris have anything to do with a Steiner scope or a Steiner anything? That's like saying I sure hope Benelli has nothing to do with the design of the new Beretta rifle. Why would they?

Please take Burris discussions out of this thread. It's not relevant at all. We share a bathroom and a refrigerator and sometimes those guys will eat our donuts and coffee (usually SkyI suspect lol) but other than that we have nothing in common and we share nothing as far as products go. We have worked on things cooperatively such as reticle design and thats never a bad thing for the end user. I couldn't tell you anything about what they are doing on their side of the building and they couldn't tell you anything about what we are doing. They simply don't know and don't care. Oh and we share a warehouse but the stipulation is that their stuff not touch our stuff because we don't want cooties. I hope that clears up the Steiner/Burris relationship.
I don't know, why would the Burris rep be the same guy as the Steiner Rep, which you so plainly stated?
(not that I care, Just sayin')

k96gbs.jpg

Dorgan ready for the Precision Rifle Series Finale! (I don't think he's taking the snot rag....)

Will the Military scopes be discontinued when the Tactical line is released?

I think some are already discontinued like my current 5-25x56 with the msr reticle that has the pop up style turrets but I could be completely wrong. I thought I saw on a vendors site a while back (maybe 6 months ago) but I love that optic. It may be one of the reasons you can pick them up new for a good bit below what they originally sold for.. If so lots of people will still get a fantastic optic even though there is something new coming out which I'll own as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well the turrets that pop up once you get to 12 mils or whatever it is so it can keep counting. Basically you can never get lost in the revs. It's very very rare that I need to go up past 6.5mils but it's still an awesome feature imo

The pin out pops out the front? I have only seen those on the 4x scopes that I don't believe have ever had MSR reticles ....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

QD,

Any chance we can get the rough weights for each optic.

Very interested in the 1-5 and the 3-15.

Last edited:
Well the turrets that pop up once you get to 12 mils or whatever it is so it can keep counting. Basically you can never get lost in the revs. It's very very rare that I need to go up past 6.5mils but it's still an awesome feature imo

I believe he is referring to the M model where the number dial rises up in the turret. Not sure where the "pop up" is coming from lol

Gee, I don't know. maybe when you said this:

Really guys? Yes we use the same tech support people, and accounting department, and HR department, and janitors, and lunch room. Maybe I should have put "we share nothing as far as products go" in bold.

k96gbs.jpg

Dorgan ready for the Precision Rifle Series Finale! (I don't think he's taking the snot rag....)

The sunshade on that scope is from Dorgan's M5Xi which will fit the 5-25s. The 3-15s use a different threading. The T5Xi sunshade is included with the scope and does not look like the one in the picture because it incorporates the Tenebraex adapter.

Also, the throw lever is only a prototype and may or may not be the final version.

Is the turret user serviceable?

If mud or sand gets in the number window, can he user take the knob off, take it apart, and clean it?

Is the turret user serviceable?

If mud or sand gets in the number window, can he user take the knob off, take it apart, and clean it?

The turret cap is sealed so nothing should get in there but if it does then he can easily pull the cap.

So about those optic weights..........................

I'm pretty sure those were already posted except for maybe the 1-5 based on my prototype weights.

What I have is 19.4 oz, 29.8 oz, and 32.9 oz. I haven't verified those but that's what I have in front of me.

I assume the ~29 is for the 3-15?

Really makes the 5-25 a more attractive package with the small price and weight differences..... Lose 2x on the low end, gain 10x and only 3 oz.

Is there an updated/current reticle for the 1-5?

Thanks again for Dropping in here and awsnering these questions QD and Steiner!

Really guys? Yes we use the same tech support people, and accounting department, and HR department, and janitors, and lunch room. Maybe I should have put "we share nothing as far as products go" in bold.

Yes, maybe you should have.
Because when you say, in one post "we have nothing to do with each other", then in another post you say "Except for tech support reps (an important fact), accounting and HR" (quotes are for separation, not direct quotes) you may just possibly cause confusion or distrust.

Matters not to me.
I can't afford one right now, but when I can, your 3-15 is being seriously considered as it is just about perfect for my intended uses.
Can you enlighten us on the minimum parallax distance?

I do get a kick out of the folks crying about the delay.
Kudos to your staff for recognizing something that needs to be addressed and doing so before the launch.
Funny how many of those same folks gave Vortex a pass for pushing back their release for almost a year on the PST line.

Yes, maybe you should have.
Because when you say, in one post "we have nothing to do with each other", then in another post you say "Except for tech support reps (an important fact), accounting and HR" (quotes are for separation, not direct quotes) you may just possibly cause confusion or distrust.

Well then that was one me. I assumed that you would see that I stated "as far as products go" and didn't think that part would be overlooked. It was and I'll own the blame for that.

I assume the ~29 is for the 3-15?

Really makes the 5-25 a more attractive package with the small price and weight differences..... Lose 2x on the low end, gain 10x and only 3 oz.

Is there an updated/current reticle for the 1-5?

Thanks again for Dropping in here and awsnering these questions QD and Steiner!

We are using our Rapid Dot reticle with the 1x-5x scopes.

You are very welcome.