• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing New Tikka T3 Bolt handle

Re: New Tikka T3 Bolt handle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inalabama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nope not yet, not sure whats up...gonna check with my machinist pal and see what he thinks, fortis has been real nice, he'll refund my $$ if need be so no worry here </div></div>

The entire Sniper's Hide Tikka Division (all 3 of us)is(are) pulling for you
grin.gif

John

I want one!! I want one!! Add me to your list. Tikka T3 223 Rem. Varmint Stainless owner here!! I currently have my rifle over to Joel Russo's place for one of his A-5L (laminate) after market stocks. I should be expecting it shortly! Now all I need is a bigger bolt handle.

offtapp2002

PM sent sorry it took so long to reply, works been hell this week.

Kit

Fortis is highly recommended.. My friend who bought the bolt knob from him , is satisfied
wink.gif

in the near future is likely that I will buy one too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still possible to get the swept back style? </div></div>

You are probably better off with the straight one. I questioned Fortis about the swept back one and he mentioned that he felt it was too close to his hand. After using mine I have to agree that the bent one would be too close. I am not sure how the owner likes it however. I am using the straight one.

I'm sorry if it has been hard to get ahold of me lately for bolt handles. I have had a major family crisis hit here in the last couple of weeks, and have been unable to work on anything else. I will hopefully be back to normal (or something close) soon. Again I'm very sorry for any inconvenience.

Kit Morgan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fortis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also if anyone wants one of the little "tools" I made to change the bolt handle just send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll send you one free. I made about 50 of them and will be including them with the handles when some one buys one from now on. Just send me a PM and I'll PM back with my mailing address.

I also want to thank everyone who has bought one of the handles, and would like any feedback you have on them.

Thanks

Kit </div></div>

I sent you a PM asking for details on how to obtain one of the bolt handles.

Starting a new build and this is a must for me.

Hey Fortis I'm also interested in one of those bolt handles. I'm new to using this website, but I think I understand it. PM me with details if thats okay. Thank you.

Jordan

Would anyone be willing to donate the stock black handle off their tactical? I love the Varmint, but that stainless handle has to go..

Thanks!

Does anyone know if Fortis is still around?
Not responding to PM and last post in mid november. Hope he's okay.
My Tikka needs that bolt handle..

I sent Fortis a PM almost two weeks ago. He never replied. I'm sure he would but I couldn't wait any longer. I went ahead and made my own knob out of aluminum and installed it myself. I'll post pics later.

I sent Fortis a PM and a email, and he is not responding.

Are there anyone in here that knows how to com in contact with him. I would like to by a bolt handle:)

Last time Fortis got ahold of me, he said some family things were consuming his time and he offered to send me one of his personal handles. I declined because I didn't want him to have to worry about it. Now I wish I had.
laugh.gif
Hope all is well with him.

Has anyone heard anything regarding the bolt handles? I sent a PM and hope he is still making these.

If you need a T3 Bolt Shroud or a T3 Bolt Handle,
Hinterland Shooting Supplies in Australia are manufacturing them
http://www.hss.net.au/

Bolt Shroud - Tikka T3, M595 & M695
http://www.hss.net.au/product_info.php?cPath=63&products_id=533

Bolt Handle - Tikka T3
http://www.hss.net.au/product_info.php?cPath=63&products_id=762

Package: Bolt Handle, Knob & Shroud T3
http://www.hss.net.au/product_info.php?cPath=63&products_id=763

I'm in now way affiliated with them, just a T3 owner who has purchased from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea if they will ship to the states? </div></div>

I received an email from Fiona with Hinterland and they will ship to the US. Standard mail is $15 AUD and registered mail is $25 AUD.

Hinterland shooting supplies are great people,

Recommend buying from them for sure!

Buy all my AICS stuff through them , they are one of a kind in Australia.

cheers

just ordered a shroud, handle + bolt knob from hinterland, can't wait for it to land in the next day or two. i looove my t3 (supervarmint .308) now it just gets better

Just got my bolt handle, knob and shroud from HSS. It's pretty damn tits! Although I wish the knob had the grooves in it at the wide end like Fortis has on his, I find it to be a bit slick. Will have to get someone to mill them in for me. Light years better than the stock bolt.

tikka-hss1.jpg

tikka-hss2.jpg

tikka-hss3.jpg

The bolt is aluminum yes and it can unscrew to substitute another knob. Agreed, it needs to be swept back ever so slightly. Another small annoyance is that the knob is polished and not matte like the shroud is, kinda lame really.

I have got one of the roedale bolt handles, a good quality product with a fast delivery

Just a quick update for everyone here...

HSS emailed me out of nowhere about my post above:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aermotor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another small annoyance is that the knob is polished and not matte like the shroud is, kinda lame really. </div></div>

And said they are now making the knobs match the finish of their shroud. They also sent me a new one <span style="font-weight: bold">free of charge</span> and said I can even keep the existing one I already bought! Unbelievable customer service from these guys! That's the stuff that makes customers come back. Bravo HSS!!!!

I received my bits from Roedale in Germany.
The shroud is mainly for looks but the stainless rail and bolt handle are really good.
edi
DSCN4604.jpg

DSCN4606.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The shroud is mainly for looks </div></div>

Actually, a metal shroud *may* actually be functional.

I was at a shoot a few weeks ago chatting with another Hide member (who seemed fairly knowledgeable about a variety of different actions) and he told me that one of the weaknesses of the Tikka was that if a case vents, it will follow the path of least resistance, which is down the firing pin hole and he had heard of cases of shooters getting pieces of plastic blown past their face. This is unconfirmed, so in my mind fair game for debate (their IS a vent hole on the left side of the action) but at least worth some consideration. I have no reason to believe he was making it up.

John

I want Fortis`s bolt handle, has anyone herd from him ive been reading here and looks like his has vanished, hope everythings good with him.

No the metal shroud is not mainly for looks.
Its exeptionally common that the shrod cracks, and for those of you who have the plastic shroud its actually very likely that it is cracked.

Here is the shroud I have on my gun, and its made by alutek.eu.

263534_10150363357394408_680984407_10316216_1824703_n.jpg

thanks for all of the post, found abunch of upgrades for my T3. Now I just need to find a stock that I like.

the vent hole should be adequate. if a cease is venting through the pin hole this may be from a pierced primer...

any no how to get my hands on a bolt handle?

How do i get my hands on this bolt knob, can anyone help?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LUMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do i get my hands on this bolt knob, can anyone help?
</div></div>

Hinterland Shooting Supplies

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xotech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LUMO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do i get my hands on this bolt knob, can anyone help?
</div></div>

Hinterland Shooting Supplies </div></div>
i dont like them one, i want the one fortis has for sale, would you no how i can get my hands on one of them?

Fortis has not been around for some time. I would also like one of his but I have been unable to contact him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fortis has not been around for some time. I would also like one of his but I have been unable to contact him.</div></div> F***

can some one some how please contact fortis im dieing for that bolt knob????