• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New TMR reticle in the new MK6 3-18 M5C2? LEU119214 Anyone have one on hand?

Merc8541

Lead Sling’r
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2011
OR, USA
I saw a interesting new reticle while at SHOT in the Leupold booth. I hear they are hitting customers third week of February. Does anyone have one that can confirm if the new reticle has the center dot in the little window? Looking similar to the IOR Valdada M8 dot. Photos of the reticle down the tube if you have them please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything to suggest the TMR has changed, the center has always been open, but w/o a gay dot in the middle.

Me thinks the "new" is having it illuminated in the Mk6 with the low M5C2 turrets.

You find where they are let me know. I'm looking to buy one if priced reasonably. Got a few back order reserve notification request out there, but can't find one on the shelf. You looking to buy too?

The Leupold site image has no central dot but tighter intersection area at the horizontal and vertical reticle intersection. Where did you get the image?

You can e-Mail Scott at Liberty Optics. He just sold two that came in this past week. Maybe he can confirm.

You find where they are let me know. I'm looking to buy one if priced reasonably. Got a few back order reserve notification request out there, but can't find one on the shelf. You looking to buy too?

The only way the price even comes close to reasonable is if you're able to qualify for the LE/Mil/Fed program with Leupold. Even Liberty Optics was still $3100...but yeah, I'm looking to get one now. The lack of illumination and issues with the tall turrets turned me off of it. Now that those issues are resolved, I'm all about it.

They can be found significantly less than $3,100. Get an actual price quote and not just rely on the posted or advertised price.

For the illuminated TMR with M5C2 turrets?

A price quote from who?

I tried Scott before I started this post and they are already sold/spoken for and come sealed. I'm in the market for one as well if reasonably priced. I'm thinking CS might be able to get the photos if they pick any up . I will also try Stephen and Tia w/ Leupold Tactical next week.

My big worry is, that even if bought directly from Leupold, these are going to be few and far between. Near perfect feature set, albeit expensive. Not worth much if its on a 8 month backorder.

My big worry is, that even if bought directly from Leupold, these are going to be few and far between. Near perfect feature set, albeit expensive. Not worth much if its on a 8 month backorder.

I agree! No help yet from the boards, I don't think anyone will have one until the end of the month but Tia from Leupold responded the same day and should have some answers for me in the next few days. I'll keep you posted. In the mean time, my fall back or plan B is looking like IOR Valdada.... I played with one at SHOT and it's pretty solid. The Leupold is a little shorter and lighter though.

I agree! No help yet from the boards, I don't think anyone will have one until the end of the month but Tia from Leupold responded the same day and should have some answers for me in the next few days. I'll keep you posted. In the mean time, my fall back or plan B is looking like IOR Valdada.... I played with one at SHOT and it's pretty solid. The Leupold is a little shorter and lighter though.

Any updates?

Update**
Still in a holding pattern. I've spoke to a whole multitude of people and they all think I'm crazy. I've been talking back and forth with Leupold with emailed photos and descriptions w/ arrows drawn on pictures in attempt to find out if they are going to offer this reticle or can confirm if its on the prior mentioned Ill TMR. The last email from my source replied " That's This one: TMR (Illuminated) Reticle | Leupold Optics " In which it is not. The photo shown above was taken by yours truly with permission at the Leupold Booth at SHOT show. I will attache the other photos that go with it. At the show one of the Non-Leupold employee's gave me a run around story saying it was not supposed to be on the floor because it was a test model for SF and they really dis-liked it and wanted the open window to see what they were shooting at. I will keep you posted.

Update**
Still in a holding pattern. I've spoke to a whole multitude of people and they all think I'm crazy. I've been talking back and forth with Leupold with emailed photos and descriptions w/ arrows drawn on pictures in attempt to find out if they are going to offer this reticle or can confirm if its on the prior mentioned Ill TMR. The last email from my source replied " That's This one: TMR (Illuminated) Reticle | Leupold Optics " In which it is not. The photo shown above was taken by yours truly with permission at the Leupold Booth at SHOT show. I will attache the other photos that go with it. At the show one of the Non-Leupold employee's gave me a run around story saying it was not supposed to be on the floor because it was a test model for SF and they really dis-liked it and wanted the open window to see what they were shooting at. I will keep you posted.

Rgr Rgr, I'll stay tuned in

The verdict is in. It was a one off custom, prob a prototype. It's not going to be manufactured and most likely wasn't supposed to be at the show. There are a few other companies out there will similar products. My search continues. Good luck!

The verdict is in. It was a one off custom, prob a prototype. It's not going to be manufactured and most likely wasn't supposed to be at the show. There are a few other companies out there will similar products. My search continues. Good luck!

Well ain't that somethin....

Thanks man!

Seagrave,

If you ordered from Leupold, how long have you been waiting to receive that?

I ordered one in late April and was told they are backordered until July-ish.

The bad part is, that new reticle makes me grow a rubbery one. I liked the old TMR better. How many 1.0 mil divisions does a reticle need anyway?

On the old TMR, the opening was the thickness of the crosshair. It looks much bigger now...

Last edited:
I did not order from Leupold, found online in stock. They only had one.

What is the leupold part number on this item? I'm looking at the current fed/mil list and do not see that combination. Thank you.

What is the leupold part number on this item? I'm looking at the current fed/mil list and do not see that combination. Thank you.

119214 Mark 6 3-18x44mm (34mm) M5C2 Matte Illum. Front Focal TMR

There is a new Fed/mil list updated as of April 25.

Is there any documentation with the scope that lists the values of the new reticle?

$3,999.00 is listed retail, going retail seems to be about $3,100.00.

So I'm guessing the opening is .5 mil, how big is the dot? Same thickness as the crosshair?

So I'm guessing the opening is .5 mil, how big is the dot? Same thickness as the crosshair?

I've got to look, I want to know. Today, at 14-15x, the dot was swimming in a 1" square at 100 yards. It is a very fine dot.

18X is pushing it, exit is small. It is a great 3-15X that weighs 23 ounces. I thought the dot would be a problem, I actually like it. The reticle is illuminated from the center 3(?) mils not just a small "t" in the center, like a S&B P4F. It would be a good choice for hunting at low magnification, easy to see (bright), doesn't look like you are looking through a screen door, there is so much stuff. Boxed mine today, once to the left, once to the right, no problems. Ran it up and down twice.

Paid a little over $2700. Very happy, wanted a light scope, glass is very good.

I figured the 18x would be mostly for bench shooting, and light transmission would take a hit.

Its hard to beat it. A mere 12" long, 23 ounches, locking turret and now illumination in a mil/mil configuration.

Yea. I am now operating under the assumption that Seagrave7 is really Russell Crowe.

anim_peep.gif

Can you post a pic of it on your rifle? And what does the box say for reticle type?

The reticle on the box doesn't match it on full magnification with the center dot. Thx for getting the pic up.