• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

new to gassers

TOPGuN050

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2012
Butler PA
hows it going?

i am new to gas guns and just picked up my first. a stag model 3L. obviously i am a southpaw.

here is my question, i bought a burriss P.E.P.R mount and a vortex crossfire2 with the v-brite reticle. last night i mounted it all up on the rifle and the 2 large screws that hold the mount to the rifle are contacting the dust cover when the cover opens. in looking at it, it seems that the cover is well out of the way of the ejection port but its not in its intended position. is this something i should be concerned about? possibly shoot it and see what it does when the brass ejects? or am i just worrying to much and this is a dumb question?

thanks in advance

You might want to remount the mount with the screws on the other side. Not sure I would have to see a picture.

in the case of the mount I bought, (burriss P.E.P.E.R) the screws will only mount to the left side.

So long as it's swinging far enough to allow the brass to eject unimpeded, you're fine. The test fire will tell the tale, and you can go from there if it's a problem.

thanks to everyone for the replys. I shot the rifle over the weekend with no issue. ran about 80 rounds through it with no problems. I will say I am happy with the setup overall.