• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New to the hide from SE PA(philly we’ll say)

FastFreddie

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2021
USA
good morning afternoon and evening to y’all.
Just recently became a member. Followed (creeped) on the hide when I’d be looking for answers the hide always popped up somewhere in my search. Love frank n mikes podcasts also! My little brother and I have gotten into long range and taking classes at shooter gauntlet here in northern PA. They’ve got out to 1500yds and for PA that’s a long ways. I envy you guys n gals on the west cost n down south with your for real long ranges. But ya gotta start somewhere rite.
My rig is nothing fancy but it works for me and my skill level now.
It’s a savage elite precision in .308 1-10 twist
Accutac bi pod
Mark 5 5x25-56 w spur Mount
And a few mdt weights to settle her down a bit.
I run a bunch of different seed set-ups.
155 Palma n Berger 155.5 fullbores @3040-20fps these rounds don’t print the best @100yds due to maybe over spinning them but I’m told they’ll perform great at distance. So we’ll see.
168 smk @2710
Messing around with 175 smk’s now trying to get them honed in w cfe-223 n imr 4064.
Also to be playing with 185 juggs n 185 Berger hybrids
At some point when I get my barrels and a lathe n tooling I wanta get my 308 out to a mile. I have Berger 200 hybrids n the 200.20X for that and maybe the 208LR we’ll see.
So that’s me in a nutshell. I like to tinker. I know the .308 isn’t the best cartridge out there but it works well for me as I love to shoot work on my fundamentals. With 3000 rounds down the tube the barrel still looks like it’s in good shape and puts down great groups when I’m on my game.
Pic is 175 smk w cfe223 n starline srp.
Thanks for the add

Attachments

• 563B2EEA-7BCA-4FB6-845A-F228EF432983.jpeg
    563B2EEA-7BCA-4FB6-845A-F228EF432983.jpeg
    580.3 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: BLEE
@fast freddy - Welcome from Maryland.

If you come down this way, don't forget to bring me a pork sub with rabe from Johnny's! haha