• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Tract Toric 4.5-30x56

Leica PRS seems to have quite a bit of Chromatic Abberation! Or is it only this bad through the camera?

Just through the camera, didn't notice it when through the scope with my eyes. Leica PRS is definitely very solid glass. I just got my ZCO, and I would put the Leica in the same sort of glass range... other parts of the ZCO definitely stand out, like the parallax, turrets, eyebox, etc. But from a pure glass quality/clarity pov, Leica is a winner.

Just through the camera, didn't notice it when through the scope with my eyes. Leica PRS is definitely very solid glass. I just got my ZCO, and I would put the Leica in the same sort of glass range... other parts of the ZCO definitely stand out, like the parallax, turrets, eyebox, etc. But from a pure glass quality/clarity pov, Leica is a winner.
I agree that the Leica had great glass as well. 0 chromatic aberration in mine. I think my ZCO is better in overall and in glass quality, especially at distance and in sub-par conditions. I ended up selling my PRB reticle and getting a ZCO and a Leica with a mil reticle. PRB was not for me on a crossover gun. For a comp gun only it works be legit.

Reactions: littlepod
Has anyone compared this to the Bushnell XRS? Other than illumination on the Toric how do they compare?

Has anyone compared this to the Bushnell XRS? Other than illumination on the Toric how do they compare?
I have both, xrs is on my 223 and my tract 34mm is for sale since I got a 2nd mk5 but the tract is better than the xrs. Glass is more clear and I prefer the turrets over the bushnell.

but the bushnell isn’t worth as much as the tract and the mk5 was costly so the tract needs to go.
Great scopes though

I have both, xrs is on my 223 and my tract 34mm is for sale since I got a 2nd mk5 but the tract is better than the xrs. Glass is more clear and I prefer the turrets over the bushnell.

but the bushnell isn’t worth as much as the tract and the mk5 was costly so the tract needs to go.
Great scopes though
Was you able to compare the mk5 and tract? It may be splitting hairs, but still curious. Hard to beat the mk5 for the money.

Mk5 is solid, but doesn't parallax down to 25y which is why I went Tract. I'm considering switching to their new PR2 reticle.
I watched your video on YouTube about the tract. My 4.5-30 will be here in the next batch they get in. I'm excited to compare it to my mk5. I have the pr-1 (moa) reticle and love it. Very hard to beat the mk5 in that price range.

Mk5 is solid, but doesn't parallax down to 25y which is why I went Tract. I'm considering switching to their new PR2 reticle.

I am a big fan of Tract. I have their spotter, and it is excellent. Last time out when I was shooting at 1500, I had clear vision on the 2" shaft collars on my target stand's cross bar. The entire scope is impressive.

I'm considering the Tract ELR scope for my new ELR rifle, and right now its two contenders are a Mk 5 and ATACR with the Mil-C. The only issue holding me back from a full go on the Tract is that they don't have a version with a clean reticle - only the xmas tree one. I prefer minimal clutter for self-spotting at longer ranges.

I'm working on a video of the Tract spotter - just waiting on my next trip where I hopefully won't have 18mph winds buffeting the tripod/spotter.

Reactions: Mattv931
I am a big fan of Tract. I have their spotter, and it is excellent. Last time out when I was shooting at 1500, I had clear vision on the 2" shaft collars on my target stand's cross bar. The entire scope is impressive.

I'm considering the Tract ELR scope for my new ELR rifle, and right now its two contenders are a Mk 5 and ATACR with the Mil-C. The only issue holding me back from a full go on the Tract is that they don't have a version with a clean reticle - only the xmas tree one. I prefer minimal clutter for self-spotting at longer ranges.

I'm working on a video of the Tract spotter - just waiting on my next trip where I hopefully won't have 18mph winds buffeting the tripod/spotter.
I too wish they had something similar to the pr-1 reticle like on the mk5hd instead of only a Christmas tree style, but I'm going to give it a try anyways. The floating dot on the mk5 is almost perfect in my opinion. When my 4.5-30 gets here, I'm going to do some direct comparisons between the mk5 and Tract while shooting and try to give an update. Not really concerned about tracking on either one, just curious which one eats through mirage better. I have compared my mk5hd 5-25 and atacr 7-35 at 880yds and 1220yds, the mk5 doesn't quite clear up through the heat mirage like the atacr does, in my opinion, but does very very good considering it was roughly 1200$ cheaper.

Have you compared them side by side? What makes the xtr iii better to you? Thanks!

Yes, I had one a week or so ago - posted about it and the NX8 I had before it. Returned both and got a ZCO. Bottom line is lots of good choices at 2K, but FOV and reticle put the XTR3 above the rest for me.

Hi everyone, I need your help, I live in Ukraine and do not have the opportunity to feel these rifle scopes, help me choose between Tract Toric and Athlon Cronus.

Hi everyone, I need your help, I live in Ukraine and do not have the opportunity to feel these rifle scopes, help me choose between Tract Toric and Athlon Cronus.
The scopes are very similar (as is the Delta Stryker). You need to decide for yourself what is important to you considering: price, preferred reticle, locking turrets, availability.

I'd imagine the Delta Stryker would be more readily available in your part of the world.

The scopes are very similar (as is the Delta Stryker). You need to decide for yourself what is important to you considering: price, preferred reticle, locking turrets, availability.

I'd imagine the Delta Stryker would be more readily available in your part of the world.
In my area the cheapest Athlon Cronus, and the Toric and Delta will cost more.

In my area the cheapest Athlon Cronus, and the Toric and Delta will cost more.
If you don't want or need locking turrets then go for that. The reticle in the Athlon and Tract look very similar so unless there is something specific you want/need/like in the Tract then save the money and go Athlon.

Oh I know that, and I'm not concerned.
I called before placing my order, didn't leave a message, and Jon (Are they both spelled like that or does the other have an H?) anyways, called right back. Took time out of his very busy day trying to get as many of these out the door to help me get my mil discount situated. He could have said fuck it, must have been spam. Already looking at what other scopes to upgrade with a Tract.
Jon and Jon. Co-owners. And they are the people who respond on the CHAT button. Best customer service!