• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Tract Toric 4.5-30x56

image.gif

I’ve been looking forward to this for months. I have the 4-20 and love it. But at $1700, military pricing would place it a few hundred less.. which puts it on par with the pricing Sightron has on their SV 4.5-20x56.

this is a tough choice for me now. Tract or sightron. Hmmm. Iv has great luck with both companies

Just wanted to provide an update. Shot a regional NRL boarder wars match Saturday, took 5th while fireforming some BRA lol but the Toric performed very well.
i haven’t been easy on this thing at all lol soft case and it’s getting tossed around in a hard surfaced trailer no issue keeping the zero.
Turret clicks are pretty good, love the BIG numbers, very easy to see where you are quickly.
No issues running stages leaving the turret unlocked.
I dialed for every single stage that match and it did just fine. Love the reticle as well. The mil-xt is my favorite and this is right up there with it.
I kinda ballparked the parallax setting before each stage and worked well. It’s not a TT or ZCO but it’s also not in that price bracket.

was gonna shoot it in a national match this coming weekend that just got postponed unfortunately. But based on my limited time I have no doubts about the reliability.
for reference I use my scopes as carry handles for my 27lb gun when it’s safe to do so (ie transitioning from one step of a barricade to the next I pick it up by the objective).
knob tension is also pretty good.

Just got an update yesterday. Looking to release the 4.5-30 on 1 June.

Hi Steven,

Yes, we are planning to launch a 34mm 4.5-30x56 with availability around June 1st.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Jon LaCorte

Co-Founder

TRACT Optics

Reactions: Lazyfaire
No updated specs on their website yet, really curious about the FOV numbers. Would like to see how the Tract compares to the Burris XTR III (spec wise), been waiting for the illuminated XTR III model but that is still not in sight plus I think I will like the PRS reticle.

1585063329128.png

Reactions: Basher
No updated specs on their website yet, really curious about the FOV numbers. Would like to see how the Tract compares to the Burris XTR III (spec wise), been waiting for the illuminated XTR III model but that is still not in sight plus I think I will like the PRS reticle.

View attachment 7280368
Any word on a price on this scope as of yet?

Any updates from the guys that had test samples? Mostly interested in comparisons to the razor g2 and the toric 4-20. Things I want to hear most about are eye box and clarity on the top end. Thanks!

I was debating between a razor or an ares etr but think I am going to wait for one if these instead!

The Tract and Razor are in a whole different class then the ETR. The Athlon is an excellent optic for the money but will simply not compare to the two mentioned. I have handled the new Tract and I think it is the Razors equal in every way. I do like the Tracts turrets more however. I didn’t get to compare the two under field conditions however which is a whole different matter. I’m partial to the Tract brand but I’ll freely admit that is brand loyalty. Jon Allan and Jon LaCorte are just fantastic guys and the customer service they give says a whole lot about the company.

The Tract and Razor are in a whole different class then the ETR. The Athlon is an excellent optic for the money but will simply not compare to the two mentioned. I have handled the new Tract and I think it is the Razors equal in every way. I do like the Tracts turrets more however. I didn’t get to compare the two under field conditions however which is a whole different matter. I’m partial to the Tract brand but I’ll freely admit that is brand loyalty. Jon Allan and Jon LaCorte are just fantastic guys and the customer service they give says a whole lot about the company.
My only issue with the 4.5-27 razor is that the parallax doesn't go to 25 yards. I like having the higher magnification which is why I was including the ETR. I think this optic will meet my desires perfectly

I like that they included tenths in the reticle and in a useable area.
Looks like a solid option.

My only issue with the 4.5-27 razor is that the parallax doesn't go to 25 yards. I like having the higher magnification which is why I was including the ETR. I think this optic will meet my desires perfectly

I tried putting a Athlon Ares ETR on my Vudoo. It was a great scope on my 6.5 but I had a whole lot of trouble with the parallax inside 100 yards. It was very, very finicky. I decided to pull it off and put it back on a long range rifle. It just took to long to get the parallax adjusted for it to be useful on a 22 used for positional shooting. I don’t know how common that issue is but I did have a friend with the same issue. I’m sure Athlon would take care of the issue if I sent it in but it works fine on my long range rifle so I just didn’t bother.

Reactions: Mark Watson
I tried putting a Athlon Ares ETR on my Vudoo. It was a great scope on my 6.5 but I had a whole lot of trouble with the parallax inside 100 yards. It was very, very finicky. I decided to pull it off and put it back on a long range rifle. It just took to long to get the parallax adjusted for it to be useful on a 22 used for positional shooting. I don’t know how common that issue is but I did have a friend with the same issue. I’m sure Athlon would take care of the issue if I sent it in but it works fine on my long range rifle so I just didn’t bother.
I have had the same issue with the athlon argos scopes. At 50 yards, the parallax had to be 75 yards. I did work the dipoter. Once you got out farther, it was better but inside 100 was really bad

Yeah, I had a buddy set behind mine yesterday and see if it was just me. He spent a good 5 minutes trying to get the parallax out at 50 which is a no go as far as I’m concerned for a rimfire scope. The scope has been stellar on my Tikka 6.5 so that is where it is now and will stay. I’m waiting on the new Tract for my Vudoo Right now. Eventually once I have the funds I will juggle my scopes around and put the tract 5-30 on My 6.5 match rifle and a Tract 4-20 on my 22 match rifle. My two sons match rifles already have 4-20 Toric’s on them. As I said though I’m pretty loyal to the brand and could probably be called a fan boy on some level. Everything about the company has just impressed me over the years. For those of you who love photos.
32344D7A-70D9-4774-BD8A-5EE2C128D909.jpeg
0A2F93B3-E0E1-4E7E-9261-BA5DD08E620D.jpeg
240827F8-F826-402E-82A9-C12A018814F2.jpeg

Yeah, I had a buddy set behind mine yesterday and see if it was just me. He spent a good 5 minutes trying to get the parallax out at 50 which is a no go as far as I’m concerned for a rimfire scope. The scope has been stellar on my Tikka 6.5 so that is where it is now and will stay. I’m waiting on the new Tract for my Vudoo Right now. Eventually once I have the funds I will juggle my scopes around and put the tract 5-30 on My 6.5 match rifle and a Tract 4-20 on my 22 match rifle. My two sons match rifles already have 4-20 Toric’s on them. As I said though I’m pretty loyal to the brand and could probably be called a fan boy on some level. Everything about the company has just impressed me over the years. For those of you who love photos. View attachment 7299377View attachment 7299379View attachment 7299380
Forgive me, but what is that round thing hanging off the scope? Dope holder?

Yeah, I had a buddy set behind mine yesterday and see if it was just me. He spent a good 5 minutes trying to get the parallax out at 50 which is a no go as far as I’m concerned for a rimfire scope. The scope has been stellar on my Tikka 6.5 so that is where it is now and will stay. I’m waiting on the new Tract for my Vudoo Right now. Eventually once I have the funds I will juggle my scopes around and put the tract 5-30 on My 6.5 match rifle and a Tract 4-20 on my 22 match rifle. My two sons match rifles already have 4-20 Toric’s on them. As I said though I’m pretty loyal to the brand and could probably be called a fan boy on some level. Everything about the company has just impressed me over the years. For those of you who love photos. View attachment 7299377View attachment 7299379View attachment 7299380
I was looking at building out a T1X.. is that boyds stock holding up?

The Boyd’s stock is on a 10/22. I have my T1x is a MPA chassis. The Boyd’s stock is on my youngest sons rifle. My biggest gripe with the AT One is the length of pull. Collapsed all the way it has a length of pull of 12 1/2”. That’s actually why I bought it for his rifle. If you are above average height you may have a hard time getting a long enough length of pull. If I was going to buy a Boyd’s stock for myself I would probably get a Pro Varmint with an adjustable comb. I’m partial to chassis myself however.

I really like the looks of these, but just seeing alot of video reviews of the 4-20 it looks like there is quite a bit of CA. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I really like the looks of these, but just seeing alot of video reviews of the 4-20 it looks like there is quite a bit of CA. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I have 2 4-20’s,
both have way less CA compared to my PST II’s especially in the 15-20x range

even though reviews i’ve seen online seem to show the opposite

So the Tract is about a whole 6 ounces lighter than the Razor gen2? I wonder how this optic will stack up vs the Athlon Cronus BTR being they are priced similarly and the mag range is also similar? I am thinking hard on these two or go the cheaper route and grab a Midas tac 5-25... It's nice to have decisions but it also makes shit a whole lot harder making it when there's so many options.

Reactions: Scottyman
I have 2 of the 4-20’s and at max magnification if you aren’t centered behind the scope you will see some CA. That will be the case with most scopes in this price range however. It is nowhere near as much as I get with my Bushnell DMRii or the Stiners in the $1500-2k price range. If you think you are going to buy a $1700 scope and get the same glass as a $3500 scope you are not. But at the price point I think the Tract glass is going to be some of the best you will get.

Reactions: Chipster
I have 2 of the 4-20’s and at max magnification if you aren’t centered behind the scope you will see some CA. That will be the case with most scopes in this price range however. It is nowhere near as much as I get with my Bushnell DMRii or the Stiners in the $1500-2k price range. If you think you are going to buy a $1700 scope and get the same glass as a $3500 scope you are not. But at the price point I think the Tract glass is going to be some of the best you will get.

I totally get it not having top tier glass like TT or ZCO and some others, and I can live with that. I just dont want the CA to be so bad it irritates my eyes and I hope the eye box isnt so tight it's hard as hell to keep a sight picture.. I hate an extremely tight eye box.. I'm sure the Tract will be a great optic for its price range, I'm sure if I can live with my PST gen 2 3-15 I could surely be happy with one of these..

I would agree with EOD. That is probably my only complaint. Once you past 15, the eye box gets barely closer and some Blurring around the edges comes in. Compared to anything else, this scope has one of the best eye relief in the game that have have seen. Perfect for ARs. If I would compare it to my razor, the tract beats it in clarity at the lower levels, but the vortex handles the high end resolution of the range a bit better. Not much, but enough to see it. Getting the prefect set of glass to match across the entire range is where the very high costs come in.

I would agree with EOD. That is probably my only complaint. Once you past 15, the eye box gets barely closer and some Blurring around the edges comes in. Compared to anything else, this scope has one of the best eye relief in the game that have have seen. Perfect for ARs. If I would compare it to my razor, the tract beats it in clarity at the lower levels, but the vortex handles the high end resolution of the range a bit better. Not much, but enough to see it. Getting the prefect set of glass to match across the entire range is where the very high costs come in.
I own and regular shoot five of the Razor GenII 4.5-27 scopes. To my eyes at least, the Razor eye box, clarity at top of the power range and parallax that matches to the markings on the the turret are best in class (No experience with TT or ZCO and really don't consider them same class $$ wise).
That said, I would have no trouble buying and trying the new Tract 4.5-30. Knowing Jon from past interactions in the industry I can honestly say there are not many better people out there.

Reactions: chickon1
What is CA?
Thanks

I found it... wasn't looking
hard enough

CA makes my eyes unhappy as they perceive it as a blurry image and try to refocus. Obviously doesn't affect everybody the same way. Maybe people with astigmatism experience it worse?
I may have to preorder this scope. Also curious how it stacks up against the Cronus BTR and the Razor Gen II

I have an astigmatism which probably makes me more sensitive to CA than some. So far I have tried two Steiner scopes and the CA was so bad on both I immediately got rid of them both. It literally looked like all the dark objects were glowing with purple halos. Some slight CA I can deal with and is expected in some situations but these were to the point of being distracting. The Tract doesn’t have that.

Very excited for this scope!
I own a pair of Tract Toric binoculars and couldn't be happier with them and the service that Tract provides.
Is parallax 25 yrds to infinity or 15 yrds to infinity? This would make a big difference to me as I may mount it on my high power PCP air gun.

I’m pretty sure it is 25. That said unless you have it cranked up to max magnification the parallax on both of nine are very forgiving. I don’t think you will have a problem if you are under 20x but we will have to wait and see when we start getting some user reviews.

Reactions: Winflex
I have the 4-20 toric. It goes well with my Bergara HMR pro that's cerakoted gray as well. It's a great optic.

The initial reviews seem pretty solid, but I can wait to get live data. I'm basically in the boat, do I get this now or do I save up a another month or so and get an ATACR.. trying to justify that cost. Already have the tract 4-20 on my gas gun. Looking to replace the razor gen II I sold.

I forgot about this scope. I been looking at a Cronus BTR on Expert Voice for the past week.
Once I get the LE/MIL discount sorted through Tract I'm going to get this and a pair of rings instead if the price is close to what I can get the Athlon for.
I like the reticle on the Tract more than the Athlon.