• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New TRG 42 with 1:10 twist?

Darkphage

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2008
Orem, Utah
Sorry if I am posting something that has been posted b4, but as of this year does Sako make a TRG 42 338 that sports a 1:10 twist for the new 300 grain Scenars?

If so -- how do you differentiate the 1:10 rifles from the 1:12 ones?

Are both being sold in the USA?

Thanks,

Dark

Re: New TRG 42 with 1:10 twist?

Yes and it's stamped on the barrel and it seems that just 1:10s are shipping in the limitied (7ish) examples that I've read about.

Chris

Stamped "1:10" on the barrel?

The 1:12 has nothing stamped on the barrel?

Dark

Yes, the 1:10" barrels are stamped as such. One dealer I read of got five in and all five were marked 1:10". One guy who got his in had his barrel stamped 1:10" and he thought it was a mistake, so he measured it and in fact, it was a 1:10" twist.

It seems that Sako has heard the complaints and given us what we want.

Now, whether they made this new barrel heavier, I can't say.

Chris

Any reports on how the new barrel shoots 250 and 300 grain Scenars?

Dark

it is time that they get back to work

After so many years of not aknowledging the reality tat TRG42 are not serious ELR contestants ( without serious mods) they are back to work.
Congratulations
Competition makes products better and customers happy.
Eduardo

Re: it is time that they get back to work

Yes the TRG is available in 1:10" twist, and it is marked as 10" on the barrel of the one I handled yesterday in Rapid City.

Re: it is time that they get back to work

yes again I just got mine it is marked cal .338 lapua mag 10".
measured the twist myself to be sure.