• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Vortex Razor Gen II Rifle Scopes (Images, Spec, Etc)

Yep, I love my Razor spotter with the MIL eyepiece it is the best spotter for what I do bar none. Back on subject I would be much more interested in the Gen II if they offered a closed center reticle for it. Is there any word on bringing the EBR3 back? I don't see that reticle offered at any vender.

You are correct in stating the ranging reticle eye piece only works for the 85mm (aka 20-60) model and not the smaller 65mm or 50mm version in the razor line.
However, I don't know why you quoted VYD which was complaining about weight of the rifle scope and nothing pertaining to spotters.

George,
where the fuck are you going to shoot in July? it'll be 110 here LOL!
Yeah, but I'll take 110 or 120 in July (you know dry heat, since you're local) as opposed to -30 (or more) this winter in much of the Country. Isn't that why we live here (besides being extremely gun friendly)?

I actually use the Vortex MIL eyepiece on my Swarovski HD 65mm spotting scope, it fits perfectly and the reticle lines up exactly. I've confirmed the measurements with my MIL based scopes. Of course the glass isn't quite as good as the usual Swarovski eyepieces, you lose some clarity and resolution especially around the edge but overall the image quality is pretty good. Bought mine from EuroOptic earlier this year.

Last edited:
Scott at Vortex would know best. Sorry guys not trying to stir up shit that's just what I was told when I ask about ordering one. Thanks for clearing it up.

No problem just go back to where you heard that from and tell them to stop spreading bad info ;)

Looks like I may switch from NF and try one of these new Vortex scopes. I saw and handled one of the 4-27's at shot and was very impressed! I can't wait until they hit the dealers.

3lbs...at the gym there are 3lb dumbbells. They keep them over by the fitness/yoga studio for all the women and old ladies to use.
If 3lbs is too much but 2lbs is just right, GO TO THE GYM.

f09477.001

I'm also waiting anxiously to get my hands on a GenII.

:) ^^^This^^^

Carry a 249 or 240 for four or five years...then we can discuss weight.

Should I go for 3-18 or 4.5-27 power? Main uses is long range target to about 1000 yards, long range steel and LR hunting varmints to med size animals.

Best place to get in on an early purchase of the 4.5-27 Gen 2?

You may check with Scott at liberty optics. He had some spots left when I preordered 2 weeks ago. As far as which one, I faced the same decision and went with a 4.5-27 because I was used to the 6-24 pst foe the same purposes you listed. I always liked high magnification for small varmints and even coyote when I can actually turn up the mag. I have yet to push anything further than 600 so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. I simply chose the 4.5-27 over the 3-18 as I felt I wasn't giving that much up on the low end but was gaining a higher mag range. Time will tell once I get it though.

Anybody have suggestions for best place to buy new Vortex Razor Gen 2? Also, what are some reputable providers of other long range accessories like shooting mats, AntiCant device, etc.?

Anybody have suggestions for best place to buy new Vortex Razor Gen 2? Also, what are some reputable providers of other long range accessories like shooting mats, AntiCant device, etc.?

I have had great dealings with Triad Tactical. They are on the east side of Kansas, and I am on the east side of MO. I normally receive orders the next day, or within two days. Plus no sales tax. I have also had great luck with Mile High Shooting and Euro Optic. I know there are others here, but these are the ones I have experience with.

Rbdub474,
Thanks for the help. I decided to order a nightforce beast. Right or wrong that's what I went with. Supposed to be about 6 weeks so I must have gotten in on this pretty good. Ordered from Jay at sports optics. Very helpful and nice guy. I have also had good luck with triad tactical on stuff too. Thanks.

Not true. Still looking at the June/July time frame. Relax everyone.

Or August?
Looks like it won't be out till August time frame per the remarks on Vortex's FB account.

Vortex Optics

John, it will hopefully be sometime in that August time frame. Unfortunately, we really don't know for sure when these will be available. About the best we can really predict right now is mid-late summer. Thanks for your patience and support, John. We really appreciate it. - Jimmy, [email protected]

Argh....

I hope my rifle doesn't come in before this scope is released, that would be a big bummer!

Rbdub474,
Thanks for the help. I decided to order a nightforce beast. Right or wrong that's what I went with. Supposed to be about 6 weeks so I must have gotten in on this pretty good. Ordered from Jay at sports optics. Very helpful and nice guy. I have also had good luck with triad tactical on stuff too. Thanks.

I was told we (Deliberate Dynamics) would have ours in July by reputable source. As far as what power, I don't think more power is always the best choice. Especially if you are using a ret for holds instead of dialing everything. Mirage can be a pain at 27x depending on where you live and what time of year it is and make it so your FFP scope is tough to use at lower power.

More power is nice in the right situation, but there is a trade off. And in a lot of cases you lose versatility over a wide range of applications so you can have a relatively small advantage in a specific application.