• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New vortex razor lh 30mm tube?

The mil-Leupold came up in a recent thread. Somebody said optics planet had some non-catalog VX5HD or VX6HDs in mil.

edit: that thread was actually earlier in this very thread. I’m gettin’ old.

Last edited:
I’m excited but I’m also terrified I’m not going to be able to see the reticle in low light

Are you sure ;)

Well, I guess I couldnt hold my breath til Thursday either......

Don't suppose you could dangle any carrots for other potential releases in 2020?

Anything from the PST or Gen 2/3 Razor lines that may be worth waiting for, should I be on the market for a couple of new scopes?

I've got a long standing search on ebay looking for another Vortex HD LH w/G4 reticle; got a notification today of the following listing:
Vortex HD LHT 3-15 G4i reticle
The 30mm tube threw me off until I saw this thread and realized it appears to be a new model = looking forward to a future purchase

Reactions: wade2big
I've got a long standing search on ebay looking for another Vortex HD LH w/G4 reticle; got a notification today of the following listing:
Vortex HD LHT 3-15 G4i reticle
The 30mm tube threw me off until I saw this thread and realized it appears to be a new model = looking forward to a future purchase
I just bought a SFP nightforce nxs off the hide this morning before I realized Vortex was going to drop these so soon. Whoops.

It doesn’t show a weight. We will see I guess

This will be on my hunting rifle for sure. It looks like they are SFP and under 20oz like I figured and hoped they would be. Probably gonna pick up two.

Reactions: Aescobar17
[Sees scope. No images of reticle]

“Hey that’s exactly what I wanted!”

:|

[Sees scope. No images of reticle]

“Hey that’s exactly what I wanted!”

:|

Mil adjustments, 15x top end, less than 20oz is all I wanted. So yes my statement holds true for me. Let me guess, you are one of the guys that won’t buy a scope because of the color.

It could be a duplex for all I care. Mil adjustments when I need to dial and crosshairs and slight hold for the vast majority of shots hunters take.

Reactions: Aescobar17 and PFG
Hot damn, that looks like the G4 with an illuminated dot, credit card is gonna get a workout..

found an eBay listing with a small pic of the reticle. Doesn’t looks like a Christmas tree...

found an eBay listing with a small pic of the reticle. Doesn’t looks like a Christmas tree...
They got the razor gen ii and amg for the ffp with the tree. I would wager most hunters dont want that. Vortex probably figured the same. They may have one up their sleeve though. We will see.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
They got the razor gen ii and amg for the ffp with the tree. I would wager most hunters dont want that. Vortex probably figured the same. They may have one up their sleeve though. We will see.

I think the target audience is inside 300-400 and most wind holds would be minimal

The sfp does bother me A lot. I would rather have non adjustable turrets and a good reticle in ffp

I think the target audience is inside 300-400 and most wind holds would be minimal
I think you are right because that target audience you described is about 99 out of 100 people. The FFP for hunting guys are all members of the Hide. ?

Reactions: Terry Cross
Glad if it’s SFP. No possible way a 3x with a 50mm objective has a 24’ field of view, so that’s a misprint

Tons of long range hunters use SFP scopes even if people can’t believe it

Edit* I’m willing to try it on a ffp but if I can’t see it in low light at minimum mag it’s not going hunting

Last edited:
Glad it’s SFP. No possible way a 3x with a 50mm objective has a 24’ field of view, so that’s a misprint

Tons of long range hunters use SFP scopes even if people can’t believe it

Objective size is not a factor in FOV.

Here you go.

Are we sure it’s not FFP? One of the eBay listings for the 3-15x50 with two reticle images has them at two very different sizes.

The big question is what is the optical difference between this and the pst gen 2...

3-15 pst 2 is 28 ounces
lht is 19 ounces

44mm versus 42mm

Objective size is not a factor in FOV.

Here you go.
Cool, I’ll amend that to a 3-15x42 scope in 2020 will not have a 24.6’ fov at 3 power.

3-15x42 hd lh is 35.8’ that reduction would be insane

Last edited:
Uh oh, looks like impact guns listing might have been premature. 404 It be gone, said the link. LOL.

Again, looking at the reticle pics, it appears FFP. No listings I've seen mention SFP or FFP? I've had a G4 LH, and it looks like this first one from the eBay listing:

s-l1600.jpg

While the listing also has this, which looks like a FFP at highest mag:

s-l1600.jpg

That’s not one of the reticles I saw. Not saying it isn’t but there was one that had more horizontal lines. Almost like a simplified ebr 2

That’s not one of the reticles I saw. Not saying it isn’t but there was one that had more horizontal lines. Almost like a simplified ebr 2

Yep what I posted if the G4i BDC in the 3-15x50, you saw the HSR-5i in the 3-15x42. I'm sure both models will have both reticles.

I don't hate that. I'm looking forward to the actual release.

It’s fun to speculate isn’t it. Lol. When I play the lotto once a year, I always have the money spent in my mind.

Hell I put myself down for two in this thread already. If the scope is FFP then I think they dropped the ball and missed the largest hunting market out there. They will lose my two. Of course that’s all speculation. ?

It’s fun to speculate isn’t it. Lol. When I play the lotto once a year, I always have the money spent in my mind.

Hell I put myself down for two in this thread already. If the speculating is correct and the scope is FFP then I think they dropped the ball and missed the largest hunting market out there. Of course that’s all speculation. ?

maybe there will be a SFP / FFP line just like the pst?

Nah. SFP is for guys who actually hunt and want to see their reticle.
its all personal preference of course but hunters overwhelmingly shoot SFP and wouldnt change.

I'll just keep buying the discontinued Bushnell LRHSi, when I lose 30 lbs I'll worry about a lighter scope. Actually I probably won't as I'll be a lot fitter. :)

Reactions: supercorndogs
Guy on rokslide who says he has the scope for testing says his is FFP. To each their own on SFP vs FFP but I'm happy to see these are 30mm, mil, and FFP. I'll be buying more than a couple of these.

My scope for my 300 win is most likely decided.
I will be interested in the pros and cons vs the pst gen 2