• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New vortex razor lh 30mm tube?

That’s not what you said.

That’s what you said.
Because its true. This is one of those not an opinion things I spoke of. That isn’t the post I was speaking of anyhow. You are quoting something different than what I was referring to. Go figure.

Why do you guys always derail threads and gang up on people? Its petty. This is the third time yall did it to me and i have seen it done many other times to other people.

Let’s move on.

Last edited:
I sold my HD LH 3-15x42 2 months ago for a Meopta Optika 6 which is still on backorder. The NF SHV F1 was also in the mix too but now my eyes are all open for this new LHT! Can't wait for a comparison!

Well, if they’re SFP and stay that way, it confirms my suspicion that major OEMs just don’t get it. Not to worry, they will eventually. This long range movement is a tide not a wave. Fudd logic loses ground every day, and loses it three times faster when guys actually shoot stuff together.

Well, if they’re SFP and stay that way, it confirms my suspicion that major OEMs just don’t get it. Not to worry, they will eventually. This long range movement is a tide not a wave. Fudd logic loses ground every day, and loses it three times faster when guys actually shoot stuff together.
I’m guessing the FFP hasn’t been released yet. Ryan Avery on Rokslide knows what he’s talking about and the one he’s testing is FFP.

To me this is aimed at hunters and not the “long range” crowd. Seems it is direct competition to a VX-5hd that a lot of people say they would buy if it was offered in mils and/or would track consistently. Not to say I wouldn’t buy the FFP version if given the choice. I’m also not sure if this is the most profitable niche to aim for, but they will probably get my money for 1.

I’m guessing the FFP hasn’t been released yet. Ryan Avery on Rokslide knows what he’s talking about and the one he’s testing is FFP.
Nope. He was confused & posted that his is actually SFP.
1583436836320.png

Other than the slightly narrower FOV (updated spec still less than the VX5) I'd imagine this bests the VX5hd in most other categories.
If the illumination works as well as the Leupold Firedot then this will be a great scope.
Glad to see it has locking illumination.

Would like to see a 2-10x42 with the same illuminated Mil reticle (I imagine one is in the works).
The market is missing a good mid power Mil hunting scope, the VX5/VX6 2-10/12 are awesome scopes but the continued lack of Mil is frustrating.

Reactions: ccasanova
trijicon has a pretty light 3-18 ffp

Edit. Vortex replied to me on Instagram that they have improved the glass over the last gen as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Tx_Aggie
So the 50mm is only available with the BDC Reticle? Why!?!

Would like to see a 2-10x42 with the same illuminated Mil reticle (I imagine one is in the works).
The market is missing a good mid power Mil hunting scope, the VX5/VX6 2-10/12 are awesome scopes but the continued lack of Mil is frustrating.

I‘ve switched to the NXS 2.5-10x42 mil/mil with MilR reticle for a few hunting rifles. They work great!

They do get it. Some here don’t. Vortex absolutely hit their largest market with this scope. The vast majority of hunters don’t even know what a FFP scope is and wouldn’t want one even if they did.

Most guys here prefer FFP because most are target shooters as well and are used to the scopes and are willing to deal with the short comings of the design because of it. Most hunters are not shooters.

FFP is not the answer to all shooting and all situations. There are many negatives with the design Just as there are with SFP scopes as well. It comes down to personal preferences of the individual of course like everything else.

My position on this is I want something I can raise and shoot, I don’t want to deal with turrets or worry about what my sub tensions actually represent. I understand this isn’t everyone’s position but it is mine

I definitely would have preferred ffp. The vortex fb post has a lot of people saying the same and vortex has acknowledged this. Hopefully it’s brought enough attention they consider an ffp version as the rep has stated it’s not part of the current plan. Guess it’s a wait and see scenario.

This is pure gold at. SFP is where is at for me and my southern Michigan fields and wood lots. Really just changed my wants priorities.

They do get it. Some here don’t. Vortex absolutely hit their largest market with this scope. The vast majority of hunters don’t even know what a FFP scope is and wouldn’t want one even if they did.

Most guys here prefer FFP because most are target shooters as well and are used to the scopes and are willing to deal with the short comings of the design because of it. Most hunters are not shooters.

FFP is not the answer to all shooting and all situations. There are many negatives with the design Just as there are with SFP scopes as well. It comes down to personal preferences of the individual of course like everything else.

Come in here lecturing everyone with your Fud logic. You spew bull shit with such authority. Then get all surprised when people make fun of you. Many of us do get it, and think you don't get it.

The "vast majority" of hunters want change back on a 100 when buying a scope. The people that would buy this are mostly the same people that bought the LH razors. Missing everyone who didn't buy the Razor LH because they see no reason for the reticle subtesions to ever change.

Yeah, and when Henry Ford came out with the model T everyone was riding horses. Wonder what he was thinking ?.

Come in here lecturing everyone with your Fud logic. You spew bull shit with such authority. Then get all surprised when people make fun of you. Many of us do get it, and think you don't get it.

The "vast majority" of hunters want change back on a 100 when buying a scope. The people that would buy this are mostly the same people that bought the LH razors. Missing everyone who didn't buy the Razor LH because they see no reason for the reticle subtesions to ever change.
???????????
You guys seem all high and mighty for some reason. It’s amazing how someone with differing opinions than you rile you up so bad. There are many guys in this thread alone that are saying the same as me. I seem to be the one on y'alls mind. Its comical.

i speculated on Vortex’s thoughts and then stated fact that there are strengths and weaknesses with FFP and SFP scopes. Not very controversial. ?

My position on this is I want something I can raise and shoot, I don’t want to deal with turrets or worry about what my sub tensions actually represent. I understand this isn’t everyone’s position but it is mine

Well, you’re in luck! There’s 400,000 SKUs and 40 years worth of used scopes from which to choose.

Is SFP inherently more lightweight than FFP?
Or are they basically the same materials/lenses just rearranged?

I love the HDLH (have all 3 G4 reticle) for hunting in the South. I’ll probably end up trying one of these, but think I’d prefer FFP, assuming weight wasn't increased.

The vast majority of hunters in Europe, Australia and New Zealand use SFP scopes.
There aren't too many forums that despise SFP quite like this one.

The most common scopes bought and sold on my local forum are SFP, MOA, duplex reticle like the VX3, VX5, Z3, Z5 etc.

Vortex aren't stupid, if there wasn't a market for this scope they wouldn't have made it.
That said there is definitely a market for a FFP version and/or a 3-15 AMG, which I'm sure Vortex are working on.

The vast majority of hunters in Europe, Australia and New Zealand use SFP scopes.

The most common scopes bought and sold on my local forum are SFP, MOA, duplex reticle like the VX3, VX5, Z3, Z5 etc.

Vortex aren't stupid, if there wasn't a market for this scope they wouldn't have made it.
That said there is definitely a market for a FFP version and/or a 3-15 AMG, which I'm sure Vortex are working on.
Watch out. I said the same thing and got attacked.

This is absolutely correct and the reality regardless if it is believed or not. I bet that 3-15 AMG will make its way out as well and will be a hit when it does. I would be interested in one as well if a few other changes are made. I bought and sold 2 6-24x50 AMGs that I couldn't warm up to. I have three gen ii Razors that fit better for my uses.

Interesting. That was not my experience in Europe (quite the opposite actually).

Watch out. I said the same thing and got attacked.

This is absolutely correct and the reality regardless if it is believed or not. I bet that 3-15 AMG will make its way out as well and will be a hit when it does. I would be interested in one as well if a few other changes are made. I bought and sold 2 6-24x50 AMGs that I couldn't warm up to. I have three gen ii Razors that fit better for my uses.

Play the victim much?

Play the victim much?
You can move along. I’m under your skin so badly its satisfying. Lets quite the bullshit already so this thread stays clean. I said it before and it still applies. You follow me around and post crap about me. This is the third or forth thread already. Wonder why?

Really hope they make an FFP one so all 10 of the 120 people that claim they would have bought one if they had would stop whining about it.

Reactions: Campt413
Really hope they make an FFP one so all 10 of the 120 people that claim they would have bought one if they had would stop whining about it.

They sold a lot more than 10 3-12 LRHS at $1500. Enough for them to design a 4.5-18 and the LRTS scopes before they eventually Bushnelled down their legs.

You can move along. I’m under your skin so badly its satisfying. Lets quite the bullshit already so this thread stays clean. I said it before and it still applies. You follow me around and post crap about me. This is the third or forth thread already. Wonder why?
Lol! Yeah, I have nothing better to do than follow your dumb ass around the inter webs, wiping your ass of all the bullshit coming outta your fucking pie hole. Lol, bitch please.

You’re like that fucking dog that shits all over the neighborhood, leaving annoying piles of shit everywhere, that people step in because it’s fucking EVERYWHERE. Now I’ve fucking schooled your dumbass before for being a dipshit, do we really wanna go down that path again?

I really don’t want to deal with your whiney bitch PM’s, asking “why we can’t just get along”, touchy fucking hipster fucking bullshit either.

I doubt running to daddy, saying you’re fucking dumbass is getting picked on will work either (you’ve already tried that too).

Just fucking stop.

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big
They sold a lot more than 10 3-12 LRHS at $1500. Enough for them to design a 4.5-18 and the LRTS scopes before they eventually Bushnelled down their legs.

How many did they sell of that scope they discontinued?

I’ve been down for a long time saying a 3-15 or 3-18 AMG is a good offering, but people acting like a SFP hunting optic is a bad product placement in the market because they want FFP is a bit much, especially when I bet half wouldn’t buy it anyway.

But then we are both working with totally made up numbers now aren’t we?

They updated their current razor glass hunting optic line with an improved razor glass hunting optic... it’s the obvious evolution in the line and if it’s successful you’ll probably get a FFP for you super humans that can somehow see that tiny ass reticle at dusk.

Until then as I’ve said trijicon Dropped a 3-18x44 ffp that weighs 24 ounces that no one gives a shit about

Last edited:
Reactions: carbonbased
Lol! Yeah, I have nothing better to do than follow your dumb ass around the inter webs, wiping your ass of all the bullshit coming outta your fucking pie hole. Lol, bitch please.

You’re like that fucking dog that shits all over the neighborhood, leaving annoying piles of shit everywhere, that people step in because it’s fucking EVERYWHERE. Now I’ve fucking schooled your dumbass before for being a dipshit, do we really wanna go down that path again?

I really don’t want to deal with your whiney bitch PM’s, asking “why we can’t just get along”, touchy fucking hipster fucking bullshit either.

I doubt running to daddy, saying you’re fucking dumbass is getting picked on will work either (you’ve already tried that too).

Just fucking stop.
Cool story. Under that skin for sure.

How many did they sell of that scope they discontinued?

I’ve been down for a long time saying a 3-15 or 3-18 AMG is a good offering, but people acting like a SFP hunting optic is a bad product placement in the market because they want FFP is a bit much, especially when I bet half wouldn’t buy it anyway.

But then we are both working with totally made up numbers now aren’t we?

I don’t know. I’d like to hear from the members of this forum that got Bushnell to design the thing in the first place, (you know, to address the hole in the market that no one cares about) what happened. It’s always seemed, from the outside, like a business or royalty thing. You can take a scope out of the bubble pack, but it’s hard to take the bubble pack out of the scope company.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
You guys sure paint the guys here with broad brush of ignorance.

I almost bought a March, but I found out March was using the 6400 NATO mil not true milradians. And most guys that have had that scope have found it lacking.

What else do I want? Make it a 4-16, and make it right. That’s all, why is that so hard?