• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Vortex Scope 7/18...

As someone who runs the same reticle across 3 very different rifle setups, people really underestimate how nice it is to get a familiar look without dropping the same coin. One day I will personally try a Vortex...

Probably why the gen 2 pst have been selling new for as little as $675 shipped for 6 months now.

For the Gen ii PST 5-25x50 FFP they sell new at about $999. In the classifieds they're about $800-850. Best new price I've seen is $699 (before shipping) but only for the EBR-2D reticle. Every other reticle is about $999

Maybe you're talking about the 1-6x SFP.

Last edited:
Eh, another reticle with .5 holdovers on the vertical, when they should all be .2's, FAIL. At least they moved the line numbers out of the way.

For the Gen ii PST 5-25x50 FFP they sell new at about $999. In the classifieds they're about $800-850. Best new price I've seen is $699 (before shipping) but only for the EBR-2D reticle. Every other reticle is about $999

Maybe you're talking about the 1-6x SFP.
That’s what I was referring to. Midway was first. It is just the ebr2d reticle. I figured thats what everyone would buy. Why pay more.

I dont think the indented target was Hide members, cant really get after them too much about where it happened to get marketed. That being said I guess all our hope are a little dashed.

what did they over promise exactly?

the vortex rep in this thread even hinted that it wouldn't be a new scope just a small update to a current line. not sure why everyone is so surprised and disappointed.
OK, to be fair to Vortex, it wasn’t Vortex that over promise it’s the hype , and I really wanted a gen2 AMG or gen 3 razor

Vortex,Im sure you know this but we are patently waiting for the lower powered less weight and a bit shorter AMG.Take your time and get it right and you will sell a whole bunch of them.

I will personally buy 3, if they actually make the scope that is currently missing from the market (an actual lightweight 30mm tube mil/mil FFP short 3-12x ish high quality tactical scope).

Shoot, I was REALLY hoping it was the much desired 3-18x or so AMG, but I’m still excited about this! I get the same reticle on my Vudoo that I’ll have on my AIAT!

5B9E734A-0A57-45E1-A498-1358250D7345.jpeg

Already got cash saved for 3X18 AMG.But I'm getting the Vudoo 22 bug and that cash might be gone soon.We are so blessed to live in a country like the USA where we can have toys like these.

So not as exciting as many of us had hoped, sure. But having a matching reticle across all platforms is now an option, so I see this as an absolute win (low level, but I’ll take it)!

BUT! @Scott_at_Vortex am I seeing things correctly that ALL of the reticle, including the holdover dots and numbers, is illuminated in the EBR-7C for the PST2s? I was going to pick up one of the Midway/EuroOptic Specials w/ the EBR-2D, but if all of the holdovers are illuminated now, I may spring for the EBR-7C option. Thanks!

If this is true, that may be interesting

My EBR-7C PST Gen II 5-25x just arrived today. The entire reticle is illuminated.

Doubling down on a poor reticle - way too busy horizontal, and no .2 holds on the vertical.
We agree on a lot but @Basher called you on that one. ?
If .2 mil were on the vertical, it would be worse than it is. I have a like new Razor I am about to put up in the exchange. The Ebr7 is not for me. I would rather have a thicker reticle (.05mil) without the .2s. That would be perfect. The .2s in this reticle get in the way.

Reactions: Basher
I like the EBR-2c. Would be better with a dot and just a touch thicker reticle. But I like it and it shoots fine as it is. The 7c is a bit busier. I like it for smallish targets, but haven’t done any real long range or comps with one so no long terms experience to compare.

Reactions: wade2big
Doubling down on a poor reticle - way too busy horizontal, and no .2 holds on the vertical.

Reticles are personal preference but it's far from a poor reticle. The .2 on the horizontal are good for precise wind holds and movers while if you are using the vertical for holds then you have a little more time to break down between the .5 mark and still be precise. Also if holding wind as well you will be off the main vertical anyways and why the other marks are there. Sounds like you want a Horus with marks everywhere which is fine also if you like it but I think they are way too busy. See you can't make everyone happy. ? They offer Horus in the Razors though.

I like the EBR-2c. Would be better with a dot and just a touch thicker reticle. But I like it and it shoots fine as it is. The 7c is a bit busier. I like it for smallish targets, but haven’t done any real long range or comps with one so no long terms experience to compare.
I dont like the ebr7 for smaller targets. That is where the .2s get in the way. The same guys that like thin reticles also like .2s which is strange to me. Thicker main lines cover much less of the field of view than a thinner reticle with .2s.

Good point Wade. I should have clarified. I like the center dot for the small targets. It helps me be more precise in the center hold. Otherwise, I haven’t used a 7c other than a static range where I was trying to shot a small group. Never a dynamic situation or in a comp. Thanks for pointing that out - I completely agree.

I guess I’m the only one that likes the EBR-7c lol.
I wish the Christmas tree had 0.5x0.5 dots like the Mil-XT though.

Reactions: Cotay
We agree on a lot but @Basher called you on that one. ?
If .2 mil were on the vertical, it would be worse than it is. I have a like new Razor I am about to put up in the exchange. The Ebr7 is not for me. I would rather have a thicker reticle (.05mil) without the .2s. That would be perfect. The .2s in this reticle get in the way.
That's my point - it's both too busy, and insufficient. Worst of both worlds. The marks along the horizontal are too thick and too tall (which is why it's too busy), but it's lacking .2 holds on the vertical (insufficient). My Delta Stryker is way less busy around the aiming point, and provides more information than the EBR-7C. The MR4, Mil-C, SKMR3, etc. are the same way.

Maybe "poor" was a bad choice of words, and I like Vortex a lot, but I can't buy a Razor Gen 2 because of their lack of a reticle that works as well for me as all of the ones I listed above. I had an AMG with the EBR-7 for awhile and absolutely hated the reticle. Have played with the 7B a good bit and seen the 7C. Just don't like any of them. I agree with Rob that it's personal and for me, the EBR-7 series is a case of a reticle looking good on paper and completely distracting in the scope. JMHO

“The horizontal is way too busy. I want the vertical to be too busy also.”

Wait, what? Some people you just can’t please, I guess... :LOL:
I named several options above that are both less busy overall around the target, and offer more information. Sorry my first post was unclear.

Reticles are personal preference but it's far from a poor reticle. The .2 on the horizontal are good for precise wind holds and movers while if you are using the vertical for holds then you have a little more time to break down between the .5 mark and still be precise. Also if holding wind as well you will be off the main vertical anyways and why the other marks are there. Sounds like you want a Horus with marks everywhere which is fine also if you like it but I think they are way too busy. See you can't make everyone happy. ? They offer Horus in the Razors though.
Give me an MR4, LRD-1T, SKMR3, Mil-C, etc.

I think the Mil-C is actually my favorite reticle. If I could get Vortex Razor Gen 2 with a mil-C, I'd never own another scope.

Horus...:poop:

And that's your preference. Many people shoot the 7C very accurately and quickly so it's not a reticle issue but a preference issue.

Give me an MR4, LRD-1T, SKMR3, Mil-C, etc.

I think the Mil-C is actually my favorite reticle. If I could get Vortex Razor Gen 2 with a mil-C, I'd never own another scope.

Horus...:poop:

This is where personal preference comes in. I appreciate that Mil-C is a well designed reticle, but I really like reticle that are horizontally symmetric around the main vertical, so the asymmetric hashes that snake from one side to the other annoy me.

With mil-scale reticles (i.e. no tree) I really like ZCO's MPCT1, although the center of both Mil-C and MPCT1 are not to my liking and there I like what Delta did a lot. That's why I did the center in the same general way in the reticle I did with Meopta. I am now designing a couple of reticle for someone else and they will be a further refinement of the same concept.

As far as EBR-7 reticle family goes, while I do not hate it, it is not my favourite. I use the AMG with EBR-7 and it is perfectly serviceable, but my biggest complaint with it is how big the vertical hashmarks are. I probably would have preferred some thing more along the lines of EBR-2, but transitioned to 0.2mrad all over. I actually prefer the center of EBR-7 with a floating crosshair to the center of the EBR-7B and C, where because of floating dot, the side bars and long hashes get too close to the center.

ILya

Reactions: chadrp
I probably would have preferred some thing more along the lines of EBR-2, but transitioned to 0.2mrad all over. I actually prefer the center of EBR-7 with a floating crosshair to the center of the EBR-7B and C, where because of floating dot, the side bars and long hashes get too close to the center.

ILya
Agree 100% with all of this.

I'd love to see Vortex offer a version of the ebr2, 7 with and without the tree. I'd jump on the ebr 7 version without a tree in a heartbeat.