• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes new Vortex to be released... looks like a new Razor line

Fixed my post above. The prices are MAP. Not MSRP.

The Razor scope is due for an update, looks like Vortex is gonna bring in some awesome new scopes....the only question (like it is for all Vortex products) is.....will there be a good supply iin 2014???

Some specs on the scopes for people. There are two but the 4.5-27x56 is pictured. This is all the info I have so don't ask me for more LOL If I find out more I will post it.

3-18x50- approx $2299 MAP
4.5-27x56- $2499 MAP - pictured
10 mil rev elevation w/ rotation indicator on knob
Over 100 MOA of travel
locking turrets (both turrets) Pop up
Windage is 6-7mils each way
34mm tubes
Both FFP

MTC as an aftermarket option

My weiner is starting to twitch b/c that is EXACTLY the scope/price range I'm looking for to put glass on my .338 Lapua

Well, that's gonna cost me $4800 hahaha, I have 2 rifle builds in the works/idea-barrel and those both fit the respective bills perfectly.

QUESTION; 4.5-27 means this has exactly 6x magnification. Why start with 4.5x and top out at 27x? Why not just start with 5x and top out at 30x?

The Razor scope is due for an update, looks like Vortex is gonna bring in some awesome new scopes....the only question (like it is for all Vortex products) is.....will there be a good supply iin 2014???

Lol... My VERY first thought; " Will they ever be in stock anywhere "?

Well, I can't see a better value for 2500 anywhere in the scope market. Well maybe the stiner 5-25, however this is really going to piss in Leupolds cheerios especially their rediculiously priced MK 8 series. If the glass is as good or better than the current razor line which I can only assume it will be then they might be doing some serious damage to the high end glass makers. And as an admitted glass whore I am looking through the safe to see what I can sell to get my grubby mitts on one of these.

I owned a razor for a short time, but sold it. Wasn't too crazy about the design, but the scope was ok. However, this new one they are coming out with looks SHARP!!!

i highly doubt vortex would do away with one of their main attractions on the razor...

I agree Killswitch. I also think NF is retarded for not doing a similar scope to the ATACR in FFP. Maybe this will finally get them to wake up.

Either way I am with Vortex on this one, very excited!

Specs look good, looking forward to seeing the reticles. Given the large zoom range I hope they handled it appropriately with good use of heavier stadia lines outside the center and the center lines aren't too thick-- i.e. more like the G2DMR in the XRS and not like say March (which are too thick IMO.)

Also hoping they put in 25Y or better yet 10y parallax capabilities, makes the scope more versatile...

Last edited:
Very exciting, can't wait to hear more details on these.

I wanna see this NEW RETICLE!! a .1 mil easily readable staggered scale section visible on max mag would be awesome and a simple hold over tree like they already had. fingers and toes crossed!!

wow 4.5-27!! just wow. Seems like S&B's 3-27 scopes that are 6-7k are going to have a reasonably price alternative for the everyday guy. What do we anticipate will be the difference in MAP and MSRP prices?

hopefully the third variation/model gets released as well.................2014 will be a crazy year once again for Vortex

Nailed-It-630x490.png

I've heard the rumor that the glass got an upgrade as well. I'll have to check with the guys who come back from the Finale to see what they thought.

Oh boy!! My wife and I are going to have a TOUGH time picking out scopes next year....

QUESTION; 4.5-27 means this has exactly 6x magnification. Why start with 4.5x and top out at 27x? Why not just start with 5x and top out at 30x?

I'd rather more FOV at the low end than more top end magnification.
There's nothing I can do with 30x that can't be done with 27 or 25x.
Matter of fact I'd rather have 4-24x, now that would be bad ass.
I can't wait to see these scopes, Vortex is really stepping up.

Joe

Oh wow....I'm sure that .5x difference will offer an amazing amount of FOV! LOL.

Just got a Bushnell ERS FDE from Scott at Liberty a few days ago, and it's been so flippin' cold I haven't even been able to get out to zero it. This is my 1st scope with larger than 30mm tube, and I'm still adjusting to how huge it looks atop my 260 Imp 30* - and now I see these Gen II Razors... Jeez, the proportions of that scope look really nice compared to the ERS, especially the elevation turret being so much shorter than the ERS turret. Photo of it on the Surgeon/desert camo A5 lights my fire and makes me think of selling something in order to get one.

But, as several have mentioned, who knows how long it'll take for them to start showing up on inventory lists? At least when the weather finally breaks, I'll have the Bushy in hand, and can go shooting instead of slobbering over the keyboard, wishing I had one of these. Bird in hand is worth two in the bush.....

I was thinking the same thing about the Razor 5-20x I just bought...shit. The new line look great, and 7x more mag is cool, but I'll try to wring out as much use out of my new (to me) Razor before looking to put one of the new ones on my rifle. Perhaps in another year or so. I am a happy Vortex owner and am glad to see them putting out more and more optical choices.

Preparing for credit card swiping.

Good, because you missed my birthday, and Santa hasn't brought me anything in years.... :(

I would like the 1-6x24 MRAD, and the 3-18x50 MRAD, thank you. I'll leave cookies and milk.

Hopefully they'll come in black as well as their goofy "doesn't match nuthin'" brown. I mean, come on Vortex, I need my scope to blend perfectly with my action, MOLLE webbing, and 8in razorback Navy Seal replica knife. That shade of brown completely clashes with every FDE tacticool accessory I own.

OK, fellas, to answer a few questions...

New Reticles are designated EBR-1C and EBR-2C

Scopes are scheduled for delivery March 2014......but....don't bet the house on it.

We will be one of the very first dealers to acquitre these ion the very first shipment, just like the original Razors. Pricing has been released.

No price reduction in the "old" Razors planned for 2014.

Scott

OK, fellas, to answer a few questions...

New Reticles are designated EBR-1C and EBR-2C

Scopes are scheduled for delivery March 2014......but....don't bet the house on it.

We will be one of the very first dealers to acquitre these ion the very first shipment, just like the original Razors. Pricing has been released.

No price reduction in the "old" Razors planned for 2014.

Scott

Any word on what these scopes will weigh?