• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New X-Ray Chassis from KRG-now shipping!

I knew 2014 was going to be awesome! Starting off with a seriously well thought out chassis that a college student can afford! One more thing... I CAN UPGRADE IT WITH W3 ACCESSORIES TOO!?!?!?! Sign me up....

I like it; I too was not a huge fan of the Whiskey 3, but this one really speaks to me... can you post somemore renderings with the action in place? Especially with the stock in a black color? Maybe if you have models of a short action in place that would also make a nice rendering... more images!

I would definitely be interested in the X-RAY Chassis that is fixed...

What he said x 1,000,000!! The price point of this chassis combined with the value and accuracy of a howa M1500 barreled action is a winning combo!

I hope the Howa is an available inlet for the X Ray.

Make one for a Howa 1500 short action and I'll buy two!!

Looks good! Can't wait for real pictures.

Still ordering a Whiskey 3 next month, but this could be a second rifle chasis at some point.

The weight and adjust-ability at the listed price will sell the stock. I would like to be on any pre-order list you get going.
If looking for a color input... Anything is tan or brown would be good. How is the polymer for paint? Can it be Cerakoted?
Will a left handed version be available? I didn't see a left version listed for the W-3...
Nice Work..

Hey fellas,
We do have a dealer that does the lefty conversions so that will keep going, it's tacticalsupplier.com. Mark Gordon has been doing some cerakote work and apparently it is doing fine on the polymer panels.
Justin

Hey fellas,
We do have a dealer that does the lefty conversions so that will keep going, it's tacticalsupplier.com. Mark Gordon has been doing some cerakote work and apparently it is doing fine on the polymer panels.
Justin

I was glad to hear that when we spoke via PM. Now too keep an eye peeled for delivery :)

t

Always wanted one of your stocks, now I might actually be able to afford one! Pretty good news.

Looks good Justin. Need a stock for my 260 sporter, hate to tear up that purdy orange stock. My barrel action is duracoated od green so put me down for a fde or better yet patriot brown. I like my w3 but the weight savings on this chassis is what i am looking for on this buid. I was hoping that the buttstock would be more like a trg when i started reading the opening thread. This buttstock looks good and still shows the w3 lineage. Good stuff KRG, now hurry up with the brown stocks.

Too bad you can't get the Tikka long actions to work in this, I had been told they will run from a long action AICS magazine and this stock makes the cut for weight and cost... if it won't fit, then I will have to look elsewhere since a full on W3 is out of the budget.

You guys are making me start to think that everyone is a lefty and needs a long action (T3 or 700) chassis, haha. We will look into it. The problem with the T3 is the magwell being a little short and then the mags bump up against the trigger so there's no room for a crossbar to go between the two sides of the chassis (like a crossbolt on a magnum stock except built in). We have some ideas and we're going to do some experimenting but of course the SA's need to get out the door first.
Justin

Would love to use one of these for hunting... Any chance you'll be able to work with a SA Sako 85?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I share the general sentiment of others. Will be on the lookout for a group buy or pre order.

Dark earth 700 SA.

Has anyone tested it and run it through Big Jim's playground to see how well it will hold up? I want to see one after its run over by a F150.

Hey guys here's some answers:
-Sako 85, we tried but couldn't make it work. It's a great rifle but I doubt you'll ever see a chassis for it with the way the bottom of the action is configured

-We've had a lot of inquiries about the pre-orders. We set a notification list up and we'll give guys on the list a few days advance notice about ordering. It gets too difficult to do a traditional pre-order list where we go down the list one by one and wait to see if guys are going to complete the order

-Running over some things with a truck is impressive, like a magazine which is an open rectangular box. When you add ribs to the inside, it's not nearly as impressive to be able to run it over. That kind of test would be more for grins, in reality your rifle is unlikely to see any serious compressive forces and if you did run it over it would be an expensive day after replacing the optic and possibly the mounting system, bolt, and barrel. We are definitely testing the chassis, maybe we'll throw in a truck crushing test for good measure.

-Lefties, would you be willing to pay an extra $50-100? If you are familiar with production then you can understand the substantially lower economy of scale for lefty chassis but I don't think it would be over $100 extra
Thanks,
Justin

I emailed you guys a month or so ago looking for a cheek piece upgrade for the W3. You were out them but hinted at a new cheek piece that was going to be made in house.

Is the cheek piece on the X-Ray backward compatible with the W3? If so: I NEED, I NEED, I NEED!! It would fix my only negative on the W3C.

Also, are you able to choose between the small and large hand grips?

I'm down for any color, SAKO green is cool.

Either way, sign me up for the notification list for the X-Ray.

Last edited:
Hey fellas, to get on the notification list, please send us an email to [email protected]. All we need is your email address.

-The new cheekpiece will come in two versions. The regular polymer version will be standard issue on the X-Ray and W3 and the the grippy overmolded one will be an accessory item. Both will fit existing W3's of all generations directly (some might require a little clearance for the bolt on long actions). Additionally there will be a kit to add lateral adjustment to the X-Ray/W3C g4 and this will also allow use of the Victor CO cheek to some versions. We don't have full details just yet.

-Right now we're going to try to set it up so you can order either the small or large grips to come on the chassis rather than then coming with small grips and having to order larger ones as an accessory. It's not terribly difficult it's just logistics and figuring out the best way to do it with all the different chassis variations

Thanks guys,
Justin

Hey Justin there's plenty of rem chassis out there, i'd just bypass them and start with the patriot brown tikka. In fact there's no need to wait for shot show.... On notification list, maybe my not so subliminal messaging will work. Lol

-Lefties, would you be willing to pay an extra $50-100? If you are familiar with production then you can understand the substantially lower economy of scale for lefty chassis but I don't think it would be over $100 extra
Justin

$50 to $100 is absolutely reasonable. What I'm not thrilled about is having a cut out for the bolt on both sides so making a lefty only would be dope.

I second that captram. I need to get a grippy cheekpiece for my w3, if u guys just release the tikka now it would save me shipping.lol

Not that I am in the need for this style chassis but it sure is good to see you guys listening to the customers and getting it done. This chassis looks very nice and brings a lot to the table especially the modular features being compatible with the W3. This is good to go, well done...

$50 to $100 is absolutely reasonable. What I'm not thrilled about is having a cut out for the bolt on both sides so making a lefty only would be dope.

After thinking it over, if its a true lefty and not a modified right hand, $50-75 would be reasonable. If its a modified right hand chassis, I wouldnt want to see any markup.

Thanks guys. This has been in the works for quite some time now and the design has been refined and refined some more. The Tikka version won't be far behind the Rem version, just a little if all goes well. We may have a little something for our previous W3 customers...

We'll take note of the lefty comments but keep in mind there is a molded in bolt notch on the right panel, nothing we can do about it but it's pretty small. It's for the TRG/T3 and a little bedding compound/epoxy would hide it pretty quick. Keep em coming fellas,
Justin

Was gearing up for a M40 clone build but this has certainly redirected me.

Last edited:
I had my eye on another brand, but will be holding to see more here. Looking forward to the updates.

The man said it! There is a chance that I will see this for a Howa short action! Thanks for the update Justin, wouldn't mind the wait to save weight!

We will look at the Howa again along with the Savage with the bottom bolt release. Those would come later of course.

These look great an can't wait to see pics, hoping delta tactical can bring in the tikka versions to AUS for a good price!!!

We feel for you international shooters. It's a costly process with export permit stuff, then they get hit with import/customs fees, and shipping them halfway around the world is costly as well. We suspect that the dealers will be bringing some in, we've already been getting contacted and Australia is one of our larger non-US markets. It kind of works the same way for the US with imported firearms stuff being costly, even with the large US market, but it's not near as bad it seems.

Sako Green is coming for sure. I better clarify that. A green that is as close as humanly possible to Sako green is coming, haha. We'll see if we get an exact match, the process has been ongoing for months and months now. Several times we thought we had a perfect match.

The color that is up in the air now is the tan. It will be either Magpul FDE or that darker Patriot brown that has been seen on some beautiful rifles lately on the hide (or something close to that).

Thanks guys and keep those emails coming if you want to get on the list,
Justin

Justin, that thing is down right sexy!! I think its time for one for the wifes Tikka.....

Last edited:
Justin,
What technique on this new chassis are you securing the aluminum bedding area to the stock?

Im only interested in it if it comes in magpul FDE, patriot brown is a nice color but doesnt do anything for me.

Thanks JC! Stop by and see us at SHOT if you go.

Janoski, it's hard to explain, but the bedding area is the stock so to speak. If you have a Sako TRG laying around, check it out as it's the same setup. The full chassis that we make were the evolution of parts we made for the TRG.

Justin

Last edited: