• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New X-Ray Chassis from KRG-now shipping!

As things stand now, you can mount our Spigot Mount to the X-Ray which accepts the Badger IMUNS top half or the Sako ITRS rail. You can mount the ITRS rail directly to the chassis after drilling two holes but it can cause problems with heavier barrels or long scopes (just like it does on a TRG). There's also some other stuff in the works but that's all many months out yet.
Justin

I'm in the process of a chasis right now. AICS 2.0. But I'm just wondering if a polymer version is gonna bed as good as an aluminum one. I wish I had an xtra 1k to spend on a chasis, the Gen 3 or 4 W3 would be on my 260. Can't wait to see some feedback

The AICS is not bad, you could do worse in spite of it's negatives. The 2.0 is a little ways over $1k though.

Our X-Ray has an aluminum "backbone" the runs from the action to the front of the chassis. The gist is that the bedding surface is aluminum and is in fact the exact same as the current Whiskey-3.

Merry Christmas fellas!

I've seen the question about flush cups asked a few times. I didn't see the answer, maybe I missed it?

Will there be flush cup attachments on the stock or what solution do you have for that?

Thanks.

Was going to go the B&C w/ DBM, but for the price, this seems to be a much better option.

There are a few flush cup options, the 3rd pic down in the original post shows three options, in the front is our new ambi QD mount (coming), in the rear there is the Magpul QD cup mounted in the hole at the rear of the buttstock, above it is our Sling Loop/QD plate. Additionally up front you can put the Spigot Mount in place of the ambi QD mount and you will have even more options. Note that these are all options.

I hope you guys had a good Christmas.
Justin

Last edited:
Sure did my friend! I hope you did as well.

Thank you so much for corresponding so freely on your upcoming rifle stock.

More on the flush cups...Would it be possible to mount a couple of attachment cups a little further back on the sides up front like you did with the hole in the rear of the stock?
If you could put some cups in the area of the sling swivel it would be better for sling supported shooting IMO, which could be some fun especially with this lighter weight stock.

I know I'm not God's gift to marksmen, but from my experience attaching your sling further forward makes your hand want to slide on the forearm a bit more when shooting sling supported.

Still a great looking stock either way, regardless of color.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Got a rifle that will go in one nicely. Will have to get one when they become available.

Sent via Tapatalk on S3

With the way the front of the chassis is made, it's not possible to add in a hole like at the rear. There are holes on the bottom of the forend, however, and a sling mount can be put there somewhere. We do have something in the works that would add a possible QD mount point in line with the barrel and more rearward than where it would be on the spigot mount or the ambi QD mount in the pic. We are considering some other options as well, and we do have the barrier stop which can be used and has a built in QD cup (albeit aluminum).
Justin

With the way the front of the chassis is made, it's not possible to add in a hole like at the rear. There are holes on the bottom of the forend, however, and a sling mount can be put there somewhere. We do have something in the works that would add a possible QD mount point in line with the barrel and more rearward than where it would be on the spigot mount or the ambi QD mount in the pic. We are considering some other options as well, and we do have the barrier stop which can be used and has a built in QD cup (albeit aluminum).
Justin

Justin- does the spigot mount slot accept a Sako bipod? This rig seems like it would make a great light hunter stock to replace the TRG 22.

Group Buy

Justin

Thanks for the info on a great product. I thing 2GUARD was on track when he asked about a group buy and pre-orders for Snipers Hide readers. Can you look into that for us....please and thank you.

Hi Justin,
will Australians get the introductory prices through Delta Tactical, Cleaver Firearms or Hinterland Shooting Supplies?

I'd like to get a X-Ray chassis for a Tikka T3 .260Rem build, use my TRG bipod or my KRG spigot mount.
Thanks,
Greg

Hey fellas,
-The slot at the front does take a TRG bipod. However there's one difference, the TRG has a steel plate bolted into the front so that the latch on the bipod has a steel surface to grab. On the previous generation chassis we had a pocket built in where you could transfer the steel plate from the TRG to the W3 but we did away with that for the Gen 4 W3C and X-ray. No one ever used it as far as we know. The bottom line is the TRG bipod will fit but you may see the area where the latch grabs get beat up a bit since it's aluminum rather than steel like the TRG

-We won't have a version of the X-Ray to fit the TRG, however a T3 in a W3C is getting close to a TRG and better in some ways. A T3 in an X-ray would be a nice hunting rig.

-I will bring up the group buy. However, we have a policy that we do not discount our products.

-With the way the order notification list is filling, I doubt any of the early chassis will get out of the US. The whole process of exporting is quite lengthy. Don't worry though, the price won't be shooting up super high after the intro price is done.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Hey Justin,
What kind of timeframe are we looking at? Post SHOT? Just thinking some post-SHOT reviews would be cool before I/we pull the trigger.

Thanks

No problem immemlmann.

The timeframe for these is post SHOT, we don't know exactly how long post SHOT but unless something goes wrong it should be inside of a month or so. Pretty soon at least one prominent reviewer will have his hands on one for initial testing.

Thanks guys,
Justin

You guys are making me start to think that everyone is a lefty and needs a long action (T3 or 700) chassis, haha. We will look into it. The problem with the T3 is the magwell being a little short and then the mags bump up against the trigger so there's no room for a crossbar to go between the two sides of the chassis (like a crossbolt on a magnum stock except built in). We have some ideas and we're going to do some experimenting but of course the SA's need to get out the door first.
Justin

Hi, will you guys eventually be making a version (for the T3) that will accept the AW .300 Win Mag magazines or do i have to modify a short action chassis?
Also, i'm loving the design, was thinking about a Whisky3, but here we get temperatures down in the -40°C's so a polymer option sounds preferable as long as it does not become to brittle

somewhat OT, but when i was in the army a couple friends of mine in another unit were issued g36k's,and from what they told me those suckers REALLY didn't like the cold, so i'm a bit skeptical towards polymer stocks, though i didn't break my 416 despite my best efforts

but what i'm tying to get at is do you recon it'll handle the cold?

Will you make this for a M70 LA. We win fans need some love to! Nice Job!

I appreciate the efforts KRG goes through to make unique products, but I've got a problem with the concept here because an AICS 1.5 is $750 brand new and that's not an "Intro Price".

Additionally, the X-RAY is another skeletonized tacticool design that looks like a folder but isn't. Think CHOATE. Or think about those blank panels in your dashboard when you buy a base-level car that doesn't come with the extra electronics or buttons. You still got those fillers glaring at ya like you're missing something.

The AICS stock doesn't pretend. It either is or isn't a folder.

Or the Whiskey 3... the folder version is a brilliant design... it is what it is. (BUY THEM BUY THEM BUY THEM!!!) However when we start making products that look "almost as good as the real thing" I die a little inside.

Also, the gun world is a weird mashup of fetish design and pure engineering. Looking at the X-RAY from an engineering standpoint, I see a stock that is modular (although proprietary), fixed, with sling mounts and sports the ever popular AI magwell.

But this stock configuration already exists... it's a MCREE. The G5 series floats between $400 and $700 with configurations that include FOLDERS or the ability to add STANDARD (not proprietary) modular components. Mind you, I think McCrees are as ugly as sin,... but if you REALLY (as in reality) want a tactical gun.. then a McCree is the way to go. Get a folding McCree chassis for $460 then spend $100 on a quality telescoping buttstock. DONE. or $690 gets you a full top-shelf, drop in, REALLY modular, folding McCree.. again... DONE.

But say you have even less money. $380 gets you started with the lightweight and infinitely practical MDTAC LSS chassis. Scrape together $50 for an AR buttstock and bam!, you've got one of the lightest chassis money can buy. Pin on a bipod and you might even look cool.

I'm just sayin'

I appreciate the efforts KRG goes through to make unique products, but I've got a problem with the concept here because an AICS 1.5 is $750 brand new and that's not an "Intro Price".

Additionally, the X-RAY is another skeletonized tacticool design that looks like a folder but isn't. Think CHOATE. Or think about those blank panels in your dashboard when you buy a base-level car that doesn't come with the extra electronics or buttons. You still got those fillers glaring at ya like you're missing something.

Or the Whiskey 3... the folder version is a brilliant design... it is what it is. (BUY THEM BUY THEM BUY THEM!!!) However when we start making products that look "almost as good as the real thing" I die a little inside.

Also, the gun world is a weird mashup of fetish design and pure engineering. Looking at the X-RAY from an engineering standpoint, I see a stock that is modular (although proprietary), fixed, with sling mounts and sports the ever popular AI magwell.

But this stock configuration already exists... it's a MCREE. The G5 series floats between $400 and $700 with configurations that include FOLDERS or the ability to add STANDARD (not proprietary) modular components. Mind you, I think McCrees are as ugly as sin,... but if you REALLY (as in reality) want a tactical gun.. then a McCree is the way to go. Get a folding McCree chassis for $460 then spend $100 on a quality telescoping buttstock. DONE. or $690 gets you a full top-shelf, drop in, REALLY modular, folding McCree.. again... DONE.

But say you have even less money. $380 gets you started with the lightweight and infinitely practical MDTAC LSS chassis. Scrape together $50 for an AR buttstock and bam!, you've got one of the lightest chassis money can buy. Pin on a bipod and you might even look cool.

I'm just sayin'

Interesting first post. Not suspicious in the least. How do you figure it looks like it should be a folder? It's not like it has fake hinges or anything.

Interesting first post. Not suspicious in the least. How do you figure it looks like it should be a folder? It's not like it has fake hinges or anything.

Yeah I admit it looks strange for a first post... I rarely visit these pages. I made an account sometime back to buy a thing from a guy. I've done some snipercentral and AR15 and other boards... really there are too many places in this world to express one's opinion.

But I'm an equal opportunity offender. For example: I hate the JAE stock systems. Let me take that back... I love the way they look... I hate the fact of what they are: Showy and impractical.

And again, I love KRG's stuff and I love the Whiskey (pricey but juuuuuust about worth it)... but the X-RAY? Well... its price point has just barely but successfully nudged it into big boy territory. As such it deserves big-boy expectations. And I gotta tell ya, if I somehow scraped together $550 I'd be sorely tempted to wait a few more months to save for something even better.

It looks like a folder because folding IS THE REASON behind the original skeletonized design. We use it everywhere now like it makes sense without actually folding. KRG isn't the only company to do this of course. AICS 1.5 (as referenced earlier) has had a couple Skin iterations which include some reduction of the stock plastics... but this is an ergonomic change which creates a stock hook. Choate does a skeletonized buttstock "just because" apparantly because we all know they make ridiculously heavy rigid stocks of low fit and finish.

If you make a weapon with a pistol grip, and then stick two prongs out the back of it to support a buttstock, then you are naturally implying a gun which either folds or breaks down. XRAY does neither.

I feel dumb even arguing this point actually because we all know that Whiskey 3 is the parent of XRAY. The whole point of Whiskey 3 is to be a quality FOLDER. Whiskey 3 comes also in a "consolation prize" fixed configuration for those who can't stick it out long enough to save up for the folding mechanism.

So no I don't really care for XRAY. I'll wait to save up for what I really want... the Whiskey 3

I'm just sayin'

And if you look at a Rock Solid chassis, it looks like an AICS without the skins and an AR pistol grip. They ALL have some overlap or similarity as the function is the same, house a barreled action. I think the whole idea behind the X-ray is to provide another alternative to those who want a trimmed down W3 be it weight, cost, etc. If your only complaint is the cost, which appears to be your point, then don't buy it, there are other alternatives as you pointed out. For those who do want a lighter chassis with less options and cost, it's the happy medium.

Arra, we're considering ways to fit the T3 long action calibers. It may be possible to use the factory Tikka mag, we're not sure. Using the AICS mags is tough due to them being so long, you could run into feeding issues if the tip of the bullet got caught under the action. As for 40 below, that's a tough one. I remember all the work at Magpul trying to get the pmags to work at 40 below. That's at the low end of the operating range of the material we use (and most other gun companies) but we have an added impact modifier which gives better performance. With that and our generous wall thickness, you should be fine. Relating to the G36, it had problems at high temps too, melting when the US mil tested it.

Jagerspear, first we have to see if the standard m70/FN will work then we can look at the LA.

Banshee, thanks for your thoughts. The great thing about this time in our sport/industry is that there is a wide selection to meet various needs/wants. In the chassis subsection, you really can't go wrong for the most part. There's really only a couple bad choices and that is more from an ethical standpoint.

I will point out that the reason for the twin spar design was not to make it a folder. Our folder was originally designed for the TRG which used the twin spar design and we carried that over. The reason for us is that it gives better ergonomics when using a wrap around thumb grip. A single large spar like the AICS is easier to make a folder but the AICS stocks have awkward ergos directly as a result of that large box section of aluminum right where your thumb wants to go. For a same side thumb grip, a single lower spar is ideal, like on conventional stocks you see like McMillans and the Sako fixed TRG stock. There are drawbacks to that method as well, and currently the JAE is the only chassis to use it.

I personally used a fixed W3C on my latest competition rifle. I run a folder on a TRG and we have a mix of fixed and folders on our other rifles around the shop. Actually when people ask if they should get a fixed or folder, we usually recommend a fixed. It has some features that make a folder not so necessary (like the quick detach cheekpiece to get the bolt out), and it's less parts, lighter, less costly, etc. There are those who want or need a folder but they usually know that's exactly want they want/need and they don't ask, they just buy it. Each has it's place, just as the X-ray.

Thanks guys and keep the questions coming,
Justin

Last edited:
Arra, we're considering ways to fit the T3 long action calibers. It may be possible to use the factory Tikka mag, we're not sure. Using the AICS mags is tough due to them being so long, you could run into feeding issues if the tip of the bullet got caught under the action. As for 40 below, that's a tough one. I remember all the work at Magpul trying to get the pmags to work at 40 below. That's at the low end of the operating range of the material we use (and most other gun companies) but we have an added impact modifier which gives better performance. With that and our generous wall thickness, you should be fine. Relating to the G36, it had problems at high temps too, melting when the US mil tested it.

Jagerspear, first we have to see if the standard m70/FN will work then we can look at the LA.

Banshee, thanks for your thoughts. The great thing about this time in our sport/industry is that there is a wide selection to meet various needs/wants. In the chassis subsection, you really can't go wrong for the most part. There's really only a couple bad choices and that is more from an ethical standpoint.

I will point out that the reason for the twin spar design was not to make it a folder. Our folder was originally designed for the TRG which used the twin spar design and we carried that over. The reason for us is that it gives better ergonomics when using a wrap around thumb grip. A single large spar like the AICS is easier to make a folder but the AICS stocks have awkward ergos directly as a result of that large box section of aluminum right where your thumb wants to go. For a same side thumb grip, a single lower spar is ideal, like on conventional stocks you see like McMillans and the Sako fixed TRG stock. There are drawbacks to that method as well, and currently the JAE is the only chassis to use it.

I personally used a fixed W3C on my latest competition rifle. I run a folder on a TRG and we have a mix of fixed and folders on our other rifles around the shop. Actually when people ask if they should get a fixed or folder, we usually recommend a fixed. It has some features that make a folder not so necessary (like the quick detach cheekpiece to get the bolt out), and it's less parts, lighter, less costly, etc. There are those who want or need a folder but they usually know that's exactly want they want/need and they don't ask, they just buy it. Each has it's place, just as the X-ray.

Thanks guys and keep the questions coming,
Justin

Thanks for this insight on your design process!

Like you say each system out there is a give and take. I will say that I'm interested to see the images that come out of SHOT.

Best

Nate

The ergos, especially replicating the TRG grip sold the chassis for me.

All chassis are heavy.. 4lbs plus, so for me the X-Ray chassis will help shed a few ounces on the comp rig.

The guys that need a folder will buy it. Having a lighter rifle is a bigger deal for me.

Sent from my 6.5 Creedmoor @ 2750 f.p.s.

Thanks for the reply sir, if you guys make the X-Ray work with the Original T3 magazines that'll be grand, i know some people don't like the front-latching, but i don't really see the problem with it other than being slightly unorthodox, also it'll save people the added expense of needing to acquire new mags, it sounds mighty fine to me as over here the price of one AI mag is about or more than two times that of one Tikka 5rnd. mag.

Last edited:
I'm really liking this as an option. I'd love to see a folder but with the Price and Weight being where it is at I'm pretty much sold on getting this stock as is. For color I think I'd go with the Green myself.

It's tough to say if it will work with T3 mags or whatnot. Once we get the ball rolling on the standard versions, we'll dive into the others like a lefty, Savage/Win/Howa/T3 long/etc. Then we'll see what shakes out, hopefully they all will but things never work out that well.

Regarding a folder, we don't like to say we'll never do something, but a folding X-ray is one of the more remote possibilities on the list of things we could do in the future. We'd probably be more likely to do a takedown version but even that is unlikely, the fixed X-ray is basically the embodiment of the concept.

Thanks guys,
Justin

That stock is no.1 on my wishlist:)

I hope it will be available in europe soon.

Maybe you could just do some kind of online poll/survey to get % figures which actions has the highest potential?

I would love to built something in 300wm and will buy the action according to stock availability.

Br and thanks for the great work!

In for a pre-order when you make it available :)

On the original launch are you just thinking the chassis will be available for Short Actions? If so, I've been wanting to do a .300 WSM for a while, so this could be a very viable option.

One more vote for easy built in flush cups and Patriot brown for RIGHT handed Tikka T3. Actually, this has given me ideas on a .260 Tikka custom build, so I may buy two in the coming year!

Here is how I see it: If you were lucky enough to get a T3 Varmint or scout you have a match level barrel and super smooth factory action. The weak spot is the mags, and really only that they are 5 rounders, and maybe the stock. After it's all said and done the bottom metal option will cost you $250+. For another 300 dollars you can now get an X-ray that will be light-weight, has adjustable ergo's, and hopefully easy options for side-mounting a sling with QD cups. AND you get the use of the fine AICS 10 round mags. Very cool, great work guys!

Will you have these available for Savage 110 LA, screw spacing 5.062? I'd want one and my friend too. Also the Savage 12, 4.25" as well? All HV Barrel contours. Thanks

Send an email and you will be placed on a list. Justin is already racking and stacking getting ready for the release. Sorry Justin, didn't mean to answer for you.

Sully

Hey guys, just a quick check-in from SHOT. We have pre-production X-rays here so stop by booth 8408 if you're here. At first these will be available for Rem 700SA then Tikka a few weeks (ish) later. Other actions will be down the road, we're not putting any of them at the bottom of the list. The Savage is probably the most requested.

Right now it's looking like sometime in Feb to start shipping but it's still too early to say for sure. The holidays and SHOT make it hard to get anything done unfortunately.

High quality pics will be inbound in a day or two, directly from the booth. Thanks guys,
Justin

Have my buddy coming by to check it out for me, you are next to silencerco right?

Sign me up for the T3 LA with factory mags. And yes I registered just to add my +1. Keep up the good work.

I reread this whole thread and maybe I missed it.
First, will any of the TRG style bipod adapters with pic rail work? Either yours or B&T for putting an atlas on like a TRG? Or will it mount on the bottom of the forearm only?
Second, Will this chassis for a T3 accept a TRG trigger AND TRG under safety?

Thanks

Last edited:
The AICS is not bad, you could do worse in spite of it's negatives. The 2.0 is a little ways over $1k though.

Our X-Ray has an aluminum "backbone" the runs from the action to the front of the chassis. The gist is that the bedding surface is aluminum and is in fact the exact same as the current Whiskey-3.

Merry Christmas fellas!

i prefer my AICS to my KRG.

i prefer my AICS to my KRG.

I'm guessing you've never had to carry an AICS chassis up the side of a 13k foot mountain or hump it for any amount of distance. I'll take a KRG over a AICS any day and I own and use both for work and non work related shooting.

If the most you carry your AICS is from the safe to your truck and then from the truck to the range line, it might not be that big of a deal and more preference based.

Last edited:
Hey Justin, are the spars and buttstock solid polymer? I guess i never noticed much weight difference between my w3 folder and 2.0 aics. I never had to hump it up a 13 k mountain, but i have packed one over miles of 2' snows killing yotes.

Hey fellas,
It was a great first day for us at the show. I've put up some higher res pics of the chassis that we had on display (we had 4 pre-production chassis on display). The one in the pics has some added accessories which leads to some answers to above questions.

-Both our Spigot Mount and the Atlas Spigot Mount will fit on the X-ray, also the TRG bipod will fit on there just as the Whiskey-3 but there's no steel plate like a TRG. You can just put a rail on the bottom of the forend as well, there's a MOE L2 hole spacing mount point down there along with a lot of other mounting points. Also a TRG trigger will fit just fine onto the Tikka version although you'll have to use a different action screw at the rear.

-the spars on the X-ray are not solid polymer, that's generally not possible to mold something that thick without some serious issues in the kind of material we use. It is very heavily reinforced on the inside, just not solid. The weight on the latest W3 is over a full pound less than the AICS counterparts but AI did improve the weight issue with the AX chassis though I don't know exactly what they weigh. The X-ray is light enough to where you actually notice increased recoil on something like a .308 but it's way lighter than most chassis available.

-Finally, new pics are in the original post, enjoy!
Justin

Hey fellas,
It was a great first day for us at the show. I've put up some higher res pics of the chassis that we had on display (we had 4 pre-production chassis on display). The one in the pics has some added accessories which leads to some answers to above questions.

-Both our Spigot Mount and the Atlas Spigot Mount will fit on the X-ray, also the TRG bipod will fit on there just as the Whiskey-3 but there's no steel plate like a TRG. You can just put a rail on the bottom of the forend as well, there's a MOE L2 hole spacing mount point down there along with a lot of other mounting points. Also a TRG trigger will fit just fine onto the Tikka version although you'll have to use a different action screw at the rear.

-the spars on the X-ray are not solid polymer, that's generally not possible to mold something that thick without some serious issues in the kind of material we use. It is very heavily reinforced on the inside, just not solid. The weight on the latest W3 is over a full pound less than the AICS counterparts but AI did improve the weight issue with the AX chassis though I don't know exactly what they weigh. The X-ray is light enough to where you actually notice increased recoil on something like a .308 but it's way lighter than most chassis available.

-Finally, new pics are in the original post, enjoy!
Justin

What is the barrel length in the rifle pictured at shot?

What is the weight on this thing again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk