• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New X-Ray Chassis from KRG-now shipping!

Justin,
Just me, the new pic that you load from shot show or is the butt stock not at the same angle as the fore stock?
The line of the stock from trigger back is off? Stock looks great other than that when do we get the release date for pre orders?

Pat

Justin-

I'm torn between the X-Ray and the Whiskey. I really like the adjustability and look of the Whiskey buttstock. Would you ever consider selling a Whiskey with an X-ray fore-end "cover" for, say, $839 as a way to bridge the gap a little bit and give people another option. I need to chose between the X-Ray and Whiskey soon, and get one or the other ordered, and I think a Whiskey chassis / X-Ray front end will be the perfect combo for me. Thanks!

Hey guys, here's a few quick answers from a late night at SHOT.

The rifle in the X-ray chassis on display is a standard Rem SPS that comes in the hogue stock. I think it's 20" in length, we added the muzzle threads.

The angle of the stock may just be an illusion, there is no taper to the forend and no angle to the stock. The grips can warp a bit sometimes and we constantly battle that so you may be seeing that.

The W3 will remain as is for the time being but we have some ordering options in the works. It's too early to unveil anything. If you want a chassis before fall then you're best option is to order a W3 and then pick up the optional X-ray forend which we will have for sale individually on the site.
Thanks guys, SHOT is super busy this year so I'll keep up as much as I can,
Justin

Ok boys I am at shot and could not wait so I have my X-ray in my hot little paws. What I
can say is it is light, seems three pounds lighter then my AICS and the ergonomics
are exceptional. The strength is excellent and I am sure I could back a jeep over it
and it would be just fine. I run a heavy barrel and there is more then enough room
for thick heavy barrels. There is enough points to mount about anything and the
grippy cheek piece is a must. You can also adjust the mag are screws so mag insertion
and release can be a tad tighter or lose depending on how you like it. Overall I am
very impressed. There were some other chassis releases coming out of Shot and
I evaluated them all and the X-ray is the best. This chassis will be mounted over the
weekend and will be used at a cold weather sniper course I'm taking week after next.
I will do a range report but bottom line this chassis is the perfect blend on weight
strength, ergonomics and adaptability.

Sully

And Justin I got it through security at the airport so if anyone else is doing carry
on only it not an issue taking in on the flight.

Sully

How's the lug recess? Wondering if my LRI tactical lug will fit without modification. Also any issues with Timney triggers.

Ok boys I am at shot and could not wait so I have my X-ray in my hot little paws. What I
can say is it is light, seems three pounds lighter then my AICS and the ergonomics
are exceptional. The strength is excellent and I am sure I could back a jeep over it
and it would be just fine. I run a heavy barrel and there is more then enough room
for thick heavy barrels. There is enough points to mount about anything and the
grippy cheek piece is a must. You can also adjust the mag are screws so mag insertion
and release can be a tad tighter or lose depending on how you like it. Overall I am
very impressed. There were some other chassis releases coming out of Shot and
I evaluated them all and the X-ray is the best. This chassis will be mounted over the
weekend and will be used at a cold weather sniper course I'm taking week after next.
I will do a range report but bottom line this chassis is the perfect blend on weight
strength, ergonomics and adaptability.

Sully

Slobber-Slobber-Slobber on myself, I am on "the list" and cannot wait to put my Rem 700 SA and great barrel in one of these.

Thanks for the update.

I can answer a few questions. First and over sized recoil lug will fit as will a Timney trigger, with no modifications. I attached a few photos with the action in the stock and as you can see I have a heavy barrel and again, no issues. Now I just need some pain... oh ShortBus...

Sully

Attachments

• 20140117_150302_resized.jpg
    20140117_150302_resized.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20140117_150309_resized.jpg
    20140117_150309_resized.jpg
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20140117_150319_resized.jpg
    20140117_150319_resized.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 15
This is killing me.... I hate waiting and am also on the list.

Sulcop that rig looks awesome as is, I wouldn't change a thing. I take that back..... I might paint the bipod to match! LOL

Had some daylight left and a 10 round mag so I ran out to our PD range and here is the result. One round was to the right, adjust and a four round group, adjusted a tick and put the last five in the second target. Accuracy is unchanged from the AICS so we have a winner. At shot they had the new grippy cheek piece and spacers but none for sale yet. Once those two items are added then this will be a real winner. I loved my AICS but this is actually more comfortable for me and so freaking light, 3 pounds less then the AICS. And the bipod is temporary, my Atlas is on another rig at the PD. Now to order the Spigot and badger NV mount.

Sully

Attachments

• 20131130_121358_resized.jpg
    20131130_121358_resized.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20131130_121352_resized.jpg
    20131130_121352_resized.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 18
I need one of these sooner than ASAP. No luck on a bootleg from Ebay or Armslist yet.... anyone? Website says "early 2014", it is well past that already imho...LOL

I should have had my friend steal the demo while he was there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Sulcop, how's the balance with the X-ray? Just curious since it's so much lighter with the polymer back end.

How these work with a stock pouch? I carry a few doo-dads in there that are pretty important if I ditch everything and just take the rifle. I'm interested in this thing as a lighter chassis compared to my McRees.

How these work with a stock pouch? I carry a few doo-dads in there that are pretty important if I ditch everything and just take the rifle. I'm interested in this thing as a lighter chassis compared to my McRees.

I have the stock pack made for the AICS and just looked at that for use with this stock. If the hole placement for the cheek riser was adjusted and the straps adjusted it would work. I am sure the manufacture would be happy to adjust for you as mine for the AICS had several custom add ons for all my doo-dads.

Sully

Hey Sully great meeting you and I'm glad to hear you're liking the chassis so far. Don't hesitate to call or email with questions, comments, or issues and we do have LE pricing on the accessories.

-The X-ray bedding area is the same as the Whiskey-3 so it will take a large lug for the Remington (as large as we found, the Badger), and has the hardened stainless lug built in for the Tikkas.

-We had a Timney on our show demo Badger (the one with the cool paintjob) so that should be good to go as both the backbone and trigger guard are the same as the W3 (Badger uses Rem 700 components)

-Those that exchanged hands at SHOT were few in number and a special deal and they are pre-production, not full production versions

-No one stole a demo stock, fortunately for us, haha

-Regarding balance, these stocks are light so if you hang a bit heavy barrel off your action then it will be front heavy to some degree. We recommend no heavier than a Rem Varmint contour just for handling sake (with any chassis really) but everyone has their own personal preference.

-Finally, the availability date. We're making some tweaks to things and trying to get them out in late Feb but that is not a hard deadline. Things happen. We have the notification list going and to get on it if you are not already just send an email to [email protected].

Thank you to everyone who stopped by. We had a hell of a show and had a great response. We're doing our best to put out a great product.
Justin

Truing a Rem 700 and chambering a 243 8 twist right now-----waiting for the green light on the chassis( don't give two shits about the color! Or a folder!). Absolutely love what I've seen and read so far! This is worse than Christmas Eve for a 6 yr old. Custom X-Ray Varminter!!!!!!! Can't wait!

-No one stole a demo stock, fortunately for us, haha

Thank you to everyone who stopped by. We had a hell of a show and had a great response. We're doing our best to put out a great product.
Justin

In a 10x10 booth staffed with four folks, I didn't think I could have gotten away with one ;)

Hello Massoud,
I'm the guy from Alaska who bought your first X-ray at shot last week.
I like it!
Thanks again.

So I've been up and down this thread maybe 10 times now. I think I've discovered that while I absolutely get the appeal that the Xray is not for me. At least not as much as the W3C is WITH the X-Ray front end (if it saves 13oz, that's 3.8lbs for a fixed W3C and I'm ALL over that!).

I think I'd like to make a couple of suggestions however...

1. The Xray front end needs a little more style! The forearm is VERY flat in the preproduction. See marked up pic from a Sako. A hand hold feature seems natural.
http://s14.postimg.org/9r2pq02ld/Capture.png

2. On the W3C and X-ray, it seems like a no brainer to lop out a little material on the correct side for a magazine change without lifting the gun up a lot. Ala AI AX, I mean, no one wants to outright copy, but a good idea is a good idea.

3. The QD only spigot is a good idea, but I'd REALLY like to see a minimalist spigot that had the a QD on each side, and a rail large enough for a QD bipod but nothing more. Most of us don't need NV or lasers, but it would be great to get a lower CG on the bipod without adding a lot of cost or weight. All most of us need is non-modular QD and a small rail for a bipod.

4. I have no need for NV at this time, however, I'd be very interested in an aluminum/polymer/composite AI-style NV mount that had no rail and extended a little further forward a mirage cover. This would require a cut-out in the forearm and at least an aluminum bottom half for under the barrel, but the top could be of any material.

5. The bottom of the W3C/X-Ray being a large flat surface seems good for barricades... As long as the barricade is level. If it's not, seems like you'd be balancing on the tangent of the fillet transition. Perhaps at least somewhere along the bottom if the radius was increased, there would be more contact surface. Or indent a feature so that angles from 22-45º might be able to have two points of contact, this might not work at all.

6. I see a ton of value in the KeyMod system vs proprietary mounts. I see you use the Magpul MOE spacing (great idea), the Keymod is spaced very similarly, so there may a natural evolution there? The bottom of AI's gun makes a lot of sense to me. Plus this gets rid of threaded features

That's it. I think on you're going to kill it with this and a hybrid-w3C/Xray. The price is very good considering a B&C + Bottom Metal. The weight is very good, although I wonder if you can go lower with still with composites like pre-preg carbon? I absolutely love that the accessories are priced for mere mortals, this means to me the product is the focus, not making margin on accessories (cough AI, Sako). And the number of options offered is very attractive.

I'm going to probably end up waiting a few months, but I'm very interested in this direction.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the comments and for making SHOT such a great show. Jnz thank you for your thoughts on the project. Some of what you wrote we have considered or have in the works somewhere. The original project name for the X-ray was the minimalist, i.e. all the stuff you need and none you don't. That is a partial reason why some parts are not more ornate although other factors are at work.

The magazine well section of our chassis does not have as much aluminum as the AI chassis so to cut out a big chunk there would not be preferable. It is a good idea though, kudos to AI on that.

Don't forget that the Accushot spigot mount should fit our chassis, it is pretty small but I don't think it has QD provisions. The rounded forend is an interesting idea, did you email us about that before perhaps?

Keep your eyes open this year, we've got several things coming that we didn't show at SHOT. Thanks,
Justin

Justin-

Based on JNZ's comments and others' comments, I'm a tick confused. Is the aluminum center section (presumably from the bottom of the pistol grip, up and forward to the end of the action) the same for both the Whiskey and the X-Ray? I'm imagining three major pieces - the aluminum "chassis", and the foreend and stock, and the only difference in the X-Ray is the polymer (rather than aluminum) fore-end and stock that attach to the center section.

If you're willing, I'd love to see two chassis' - one X-Ray and one Whiskey - disassembled next to each other, to help some of us understand what parts are common, and how things assemble. I know it would probably answer a lot of my questions.

Either way, I'm ordering one!

-Scott

Thank you all for the comments and for making SHOT such a great show. Jnz thank you for your thoughts on the project. Some of what you wrote we have considered or have in the works somewhere. The original project name for the X-ray was the minimalist, i.e. all the stuff you need and none you don't. That is a partial reason why some parts are not more ornate although other factors are at work.

The magazine well section of our chassis does not have as much aluminum as the AI chassis so to cut out a big chunk there would not be preferable. It is a good idea though, kudos to AI on that.

Don't forget that the Accushot spigot mount should fit our chassis, it is pretty small but I don't think it has QD provisions. The rounded forend is an interesting idea, did you email us about that before perhaps?

Keep your eyes open this year, we've got several things coming that we didn't show at SHOT. Thanks,
Justin

I have no idea what process you're using for your polymer, I might assume injection based on your previous employer, but tooling is expensive, and you wouldn't be running up on limitations with shape. So I'll assume low pressure cast, or maybe even something like blow or rotomolding. I work with several part molds in my day job, although that isn't my department. Just from a designer's perspective I'd just like to see a little more flair in the front end of the Xray. Esp because my personal plans are to use the Xray front end on the W3C. But.... I'm outsider with an absolutely unlimited budget for my ideas to give to other people :D

I'm not sure what it looks like inside the chassis, but from the 3D pics, I can see there may be little if an metal to make an AI style cut out. Although I wonder if a trim op on the finished part with a "magwell side" that bolts on could be accomplished? (Hog a side out and cover with a polymer trim piece, no bolts, industrial glue/bond it.

I checked out the Accushot, that's not exactly what I had in mind as it loses the QD and when you consider spigot + rail + QD on top of that, it pales in comparison to the concept spigot with QDs that is on the first couple 3D pics on the first post. That with a small rail would be perfect! Again, as a commenter I have an unlimited budget and can do no wrong! Oh and I can drive solidworks so I'm doubly dangerous (to myself!).

We haven't talked over email yet. I just got turned on to KRG probably 3 days ago. I'll definitely keep an eye on it! I think of all the chassis systems I've research this one has the most potential for me. It's clear AI has a rolls royce designer working for them, but piggie chassis is just a that. Sako is unavailable and would be priced as much so. Cadex is too heavy and crazy expensive for some reason. Everyone and their mom can make a hideous solid aluminum beam and call it a chassis, those don't count. Ashbury seems ok but their lightest model is still a little to much for my tastes. Kimber's new one is a direct knockoff of AI's so I expect that to weigh the same. Not a fan of tube gun chassis as unless you're pressing the receiver into it I see no need to cover that up. Etc.

I'll definitely keep an eye out on KRG.

Last edited:
Justin,

Will the Badger/KRG IMUNS accommodate the larger barrels, as on my 700, or would the offset NV be the best way to go? Thank you sir,

Sully

Attachments

• 20140117_150319_resized.jpg
    20140117_150319_resized.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 11
Justin, any more solid date on tikka release date? Also what colors will be offered at release? Just black and later others or will all be available at initial release? Needing a sako green t3 asap.

jnz, careful with that SW. Once you get too deep there's no turning back. For the side magwell cut, there isn't the big chunk of metal there like other chassis but an enterprising shooter could make that cut if he wanted. The magwell doesn't extend as far down on our chassis as it does on the AI chassis so you don't need the extra clearance as much. However it would be an interesting project so post some pics if you do it.

Sully, the spacers that come with the IMUNS were meant to clear a fairly heavy barrel. There's one on a Mk13 right now. Worst case is that you would have to add a bit of height to the spacers, in a pinch you could use some washers or shim stock or something. The offset mount won't fit the X-ray as there's no side mounting holes there.

We don't have solid dates on anything at this time but it looks like the Tikka will be available at the same time as the Rem or very close. Just black will be first but the others won't be far behind, hopefully less than a few weeks. For a colored T3 you may be looking at April if all goes well.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Last edited:
I know it's been said before but a Howa inlet would probably be a real winner, I might even find the cash for one!

For the side magwell cut, there isn't the big chunk of metal there like other chassis but an enterprising shooter could make that cut if he wanted. The magwell doesn't extend as far down on our chassis as it does on the AI chassis so you don't need the extra clearance as much. However it would be an interesting project so post some pics if you do it.

You know, I didn't think too much about it until I overlayed your W3C over an AI in photoshop. That diaper around the mag just isn't there on yours, so yea, it really loos like it isn't needed nearly as much.

Gentlemen,
We anticipated having plenty of stocks in our first production run to cover all who wanted one (that's why it was a notification list not a pre-order list). However, with the activity at SHOT and since then we only have a few stocks left. When those get spoken for we will start a list for the 2nd production run which we will push as soon as possible. If you want one sooner rather than later and aren't on the list please email us quickly, if you don't mind waiting awhile then no need to rush as we'll be making more. Thank you,
Justin

Gentlemen,
We anticipated having plenty of stocks in our first production run to cover all who wanted one (that's why it was a notification list not a pre-order list). However, with the activity at SHOT and since then we only have a few stocks left. When those get spoken for we will start a list for the 2nd production run which we will push as soon as possible. If you want one sooner rather than later and aren't on the list please email us quickly, if you don't mind waiting awhile then no need to rush as we'll be making more. Thank you,
Justin

I am glad that I am on the notification list. Can not wait. :cool:

Not to keep answering for Justin but the stock comes with a fore rail that will accept the Atlas. In my photos I am running the Harris but have switched over to the Atlas now.

Sully

Can you please post a close up picture of the stock with the Atlas attached ? I am planning on getting this stock and the new Atlas PSR model and I want to make sure they will work together seamlessly. Thanks.

Can you please post a close up picture of the stock with the Atlas attached ? I am planning on getting this stock and the new Atlas PSR model and I want to make sure they will work together seamlessly. Thanks.

Not for a few more weeks, I sent it off to Short Bus at Custom Gun Works for a new paint job. If you look in the photo I attached it is a Whiskey 3 but the bottom of the forearm has the same attachment point so the Atlas will mount the same on the X-Ray but you will not have the side mounting features and the forearm is a but different. The bottom does have the most, if not all, the same mounting points so the rail for the Atlas, and the tripod mounting spaces are all there.

Sully

Attachments

• DSC01556_zpsd1a37dc7.jpg
    DSC01556_zpsd1a37dc7.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 19
Not for a few more weeks, I sent it off to Short Bus at Custom Gun Works for a new paint job. If you look in the photo I attached it is a Whiskey 3 but the bottom of the forearm has the same attachment point so the Atlas will mount the same on the X-Ray but you will not have the side mounting features and the forearm is a but different. The bottom does have the most, if not all, the same mounting points so the rail for the Atlas, and the tripod mounting spaces are all there.

Sully

Thanks Sully. It looks like the Atlas works fine with the rail that comes with the stock.

EDIT:

Called up and I am officially on the list.
:)

Last edited:
Hey guys, here's some answers:

6br- got you on the list, you're good to go

Randy-that Seekins rail won't fit as we use the Magpul 1.190 and 1.584 hole spacing but as Sully noted it comes with a rail (Magpul MOE rail) and we make aluminum ones as optional items

JC5420-We're looking into that action, we got one in, I'll post updates in original post when I have more info

Sully, new forends are in and will be going out soon. LOP spacers should be arriving soon.

Ryu, the screws for the longer spacer sets are coming and we'll have those ready before too long.

Keep the questions/comments coming if you have them guys,
Justin

Can I add another to my "pre-list" ????? I have a basic REM 5R that I would like to upgrade with this stock. I am thinking that this will be my son's graduation present in May when he finishes his Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Kansas.

Did you get that odd guy Larry on your list via phone call?
:p

Fantastic time for a release date! Your releasing a game changing product at the same time folks will be getting tax returns. BRILLIANT!!!