• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New X-Ray Chassis from KRG-now shipping!

JIF, I'll add another but I just need to know your email so I can find it on the list.
odd guy Larry-check, haha. Yes you are on there if your last name starts with a P.
dwkuska, haha thanks. We actually wanted to have it out right at SHOT but the holidays/SHOT make it difficult to get anything done after mid Nov.
sw, you can just point out the cost of the most expensive chassis which are 2500+ and explain how you used your good judgement and only spent 500 and some!
Justin

Last edited:
Justin,

Any idea if the barrel/action channel on the M700 SA X-Ray will allow the use of "Remage" type barrel nuts, like the ones Criterion/NSS and McGowen make?

Thanks!

Hey guys,
Cypriss you were on the list so you are good.

JIF, I think you were too already but need your email, returned your pm

vmp, the "V" that the action sits on extends a few inches in front of the action so you have clearance up to the action diameter (1.35" for the Rem). If the nut is any larger you'll need to do some cutting.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Justin,
Questions about the cheek rest.
Do you have a video or photos you can post that shows how the cheek piece is detached to allow bolt removal? You mentioned that it indexes your height adjustment so it goes back together @ the same height. Only found 1 video from SHOT showing the X-Ray, but they didn't spend any time on the cheek piece.

Hello,
I'll see if I can grab a good pic to show the cheekpiece. The top real photo in the original post shows the cheekpiece, riser posts, and thumbscrew pretty well. The procedure is simple, you just loosen the thumbscrew on the side of the stock, then pull out the cheekpiece. It's the same as the Whiskey-3. There are little o-rings that go around the cheek riser posts and "remember" your cheek height position. Thanks,
Justin

Last edited:
Justin, hope your well brother,

Hey can I still get in on this order list? My wife needs one for her Tikka T3!!

I can answer a few questions. First and over sized recoil lug will fit as will a Timney trigger, with no modifications. I attached a few photos with the action in the stock and as you can see I have a heavy barrel and again, no issues. Now I just need some pain... oh ShortBus...

Sully
Is your barrel a 1.25 diameter?

JC, got you on the list, you're good to go.

swhiteh3, yes all X-rays get the enhanced cheekpiece shape and all Whiskey-3's starting sometime next week. The one on the full rifle above is the overmolded version. It's the same shape as the enhanced, just with a rubber overmold.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Any idea on a release date for other colors in the r700 short action? Also, can you use the interchangeable grip panels from the wc3?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Took it out on thurs. Stock is amazing! It was way to short though. Found some wood and some screws from lowes and made some spacers lol.

Took it out on thurs. Stock is amazing! It was way to short though. Found some wood and some screws from lowes and made some spacers lol.

in the still of the video posted above it looks like there are some spacers installed on the demo...hard to tell but i dont see them in the pic of your rifle. Question is, are the spacers an option that you didnt opt for or does the actual stock not come with any?

Last edited:
Please do not do any permanent arm modifications! haha. The spacers are close to being ready. One of the perks of getting a chassis at SHOT was getting hands on one early, but the downside is that some of the supporting stuff wasn't ready. The stock on the tripod had 3 spacers but we had to get in all the right length screws for the different kits (each number of spacers needs a different screw length). By the time the chassis are ready to ship we will have the spacers ready to ship as well. Ryu I do like your ambition, I think some spacers are already on the way.
Justin

Please do not do any permanent arm modifications! haha. The spacers are close to being ready. One of the perks of getting a chassis at SHOT was getting hands on one early, but the downside is that some of the supporting stuff wasn't ready. The stock on the tripod had 3 spacers but we had to get in all the right length screws for the different kits (each number of spacers needs a different screw length). By the time the chassis are ready to ship we will have the spacers ready to ship as well. Ryu I do like your ambition, I think some spacers are already on the way.
Justin

Lol ill refrain from arm mods lol. The ergos on the stock are great and I am loving the light weight of the stock!

I will keep an eye out on the mail! Will post updated pics with correct spacers :)

Last edited:
Has there been a release date yet?
Last I heard was late Febuary.
Thanks.

Justin,

Two quick questions...
Is there a way to add flush cups to the front of the x-ray?
And
I have a 4G W3C, when do you anticipate the new cheek piece coming online?

Thanks,
jm

Hey Guys,
There's no specific release date. We are doing what we can to get them shipping and we don't know what exact day that will be. It will be a month at least we think but it's hard to say.

To add the QD mount to the front we have the optional ambi QD mount that you see in the renderings.

The new cheekpiece will be shipping with W3's starting this week I believe. The new overmolded cheekpiece will be available in a couple weeks and looks like it will be $29.

Also, Ryu I think we need your address still for the spacers.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Justin,

Two quick questions...
Is there a way to add flush cups to the front of the x-ray?
And
I have a 4G W3C, when do you anticipate the new cheek piece coming online?

Thanks,
jm

JM, another option, although there is a higher cost, is the spigot in front with the QD cup mount and the rail on the bottom for my Atlas. Works great and does not add much weight at all.

Sully

Hey Guys,
There's no specific release date. We are doing what we can to get them shipping and we don't know what exact day that will be. It will be a month at least we think but it's hard to say.

To add the QD mount to the front we have the optional ambi QD mount that you see in the renderings.

The new cheekpiece will be shipping with W3's starting this week I believe. The new overmolded cheekpiece will be available in a couple weeks and looks like it will be $29.

Also, Ryu I think we need your address still for the spacers.

Thanks guys,
Justin

PM sent! Thanks again for all assistance :D

Hey Justin, what will the ambi-qd mount run?

Also what will this one run? "spigot in front with the QD cup mount and the rail on the bottom for my Atlas."

The ambi-QD mount will run probably 39. The Spigot Mount is 118 and a flush mount QD plate for it is 29. With the spigot you get a lot of options, as Sully noted you can mount rails, all of our sling mounts, two different NV mounts, etc.
Ryu-no problem hope they work out well.
Thanks,
Justin

Justin, would you be able to give us the standard length of pull and the max length of pull with the spacers.
thanks,
matt

With a little work I'm sure max length is unlimited. If their spacers dont work, have machine shop make a spare and just use the appropriate hardware.

Maybe KRG will suggest otherwise though. I'm still on the fence for the W3 and that is what I have to do to get added LOP. Additionally, I like the added weight of a steel spacer.

Question:

Will the X-ray be deemed "military" or require ITAR restrictions when shipping out of the states like the W3? I see more and more stocks coming across the border with non-ITAR controlled. I don't know or fully understand the full regulations as I'm under the impressions it's not possible but BOYD, Manners and I believe some others are doing it.

Last edited:
Hello fellas, the X-ray LOP starts at about 12.7-12.8 depending on trigger and goes to 15" with the spacer kits we will have. It can go longer if you can find longer screws to hold everything together. The spacers also fit the W3C which goes from 12.9-14.9" (without spacers, just the quick adjust) depending again on the trigger used. The W3 would require M4 screws rather than the M5 screws which come with the LOP spacer kits.

As far as we know all rifle stocks are ITAR restricted. If you have first hand knowledge of them being ok to export please share it or let us know which mfgs are sending them and we'll contact them to find out if they know something we don't.
Thank you,
Justin

I will try to find out. I know a few manufactures are so ill get a list.

Where do I sign up for the pre order list? Hope you guys do a patriot brown that'd be wicked

Where do I sign up for the pre order list? Hope you guys do a patriot brown that'd be wicked

PM Massoud with your email address and he will add you in the order received. I was lucky, picked mine up at SHot and love it. I have had AICS, McRees, XLR and a variety of stocks and this is far and away my favorite.

Sully

Need to get this one back to the top....

I hate to be "that guy" but wanted to ask if the release date still looks to be about 2 weeks away???

Thanks!