• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Years Resolution builds.

On hand or on order I have...

Kelbly Atlas long action with magnum bolt face
TriggerTech Special trigger
Wyatts extended mag box
Hawkins BDL bottom metal
Proof Sendero Light .284 @ 26"
Live Oak Accuracy self timing muzzle brake reamed for 7mm
Manners EH2 in scorched earth (on order)

Still need to figure out a scope and rings. It's going to be a light weight hunter chambered in 7mmRM for Berger 168's. Since it's going to be a hunting rifle I'm leaning towards an AMG.

I also have on order an APR G2 long action with magnum bolt face and a CarbonSix magnum contour in .284 @ 28". Don't know what I'm going to do with those yet....

Reactions: TriggerReed357
I think I'm all set, no new builds for 2019. Focus in the future will be suppressors.

My precision rifle stable is as follows:
- PRS rig: Mausingfield action, JAE chassis, Khales K624i w/SKMR3 reticle, x2 barrels (x1 6BRA, x1 6.5 Creedmoor), BnA 2 stage TacSport trigger, Heathen brake
- ELR rig: Defiance Deviant, JAE chassis, Khales K624i w/AMR reticle, (x2) .300NM barrels, BnA 2 stage TacSport trigger, Heathen brake
- .308 TacOps XRay 51

The wife is currently getting built the following by TS Customs (should be done any day now):
- Lone Peak Fuzion, KRG Bravo w/custom paint job from Custom Gun Coatings, Steiner M5 w/MSR reticle, ARC M10 rings, Brux 1:7.5 6BRA heavy palma barrel @ 24", BnA 2 stage TacSport trigger, Heathen brake

I don't need or couldn't ask for any better guns really. Any new precision rifles would be a splurge. Maybe if I get bored I will get a .22 BRA barrel spun up for the PRS rifle, but I'm at the point where I don't have enough time to fully enjoy all my toys now.

I'm going to try to finish up the Remington 700 that I've been working on for a while. Really just need to decide on a chassis and get 'er done, but have to appropriate the funds for that move. I have pretty much everything else, and the rifle shoots great in the factory stock. But a chassis will really put the jewel in the crown.

In the process of doing this:
Surgeon 591 action
Krieger 26 in, 1 in 7.5, 6XC, Side port brake
Huber 2 stage trigger
MPA Chassis
I had the Surgeon JAE Scalpel and I can attest that those guys at Surgeon are true professionals and don't cut corners. You will be overly impressed. Traded it for a SCAR...(bad decisions were made) but I want to get the CSR one day but Surgeon prices are beefy but at least you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaleGribble82
I had the Surgeon JAE Scalpel and I can contest attest that those guys at Surgeon are true professionals and don't cut corners. You will be overly impressed. Traded it for a SCAR...(bad decisions were made) but I want to get the CSR one day but Surgeon prices are beefy but at least you get what you pay for.

In the spirit of our venerable @Veer_G ...fixed it for you. :) (Yeah, I'm being a grammar Nazi...it's my OCD acting up.)

I think I'm all set, no new builds for 2019. Focus in the future will be suppressors.

My precision rifle stable is as follows:
- PRS rig: Mausingfield action, JAE chassis, Khales K624i w/SKMR3 reticle, x2 barrels (x1 6BRA, x1 6.5 Creedmoor), BnA 2 stage TacSport trigger, Heathen brake
- ELR rig: Defiance Deviant, JAE chassis, Khales K624i w/AMR reticle, (x2) .300NM barrels, BnA 2 stage TacSport trigger, Heathen brake
- .308 TacOps XRay 51

The wife is currently getting built the following by TS Customs (should be done any day now):
- Lone Peak Fuzion, KRG Bravo w/custom paint job from Custom Gun Coatings, Steiner M5 w/MSR reticle, ARC M10 rings, Brux 1:7.5 6BRA heavy palma barrel @ 24", BnA 2 stage TacSport trigger, Heathen brake

I don't need or couldn't ask for any better guns really. Any new precision rifles would be a splurge. Maybe if I get bored I will get a .22 BRA barrel spun up for the PRS rifle, but I'm at the point where I don't have enough time to fully enjoy all my toys now.

I definitely understand. I wasted all of last year waiting on the HPA to get approved so i wouldnt have to pay that stupid Tax Stamp and wait a year for suppressors. It didnt happen so looks like this month I will get my finger prints done again and wait all year for a couple cans. Hopefully they will shorten the lead time on the form 4 and I will have them before 2019 modern gun season.

I'm going to try to finish up the Remington 700 that I've been working on for a while. Really just need to decide on a chassis and get 'er done, but have to appropriate the funds for that move. I have pretty much everything else, and the rifle shoots great in the factory stock. But a chassis will really put the jewel in the crown.

I was scrounging around the web looking for a chassis for the Remington 700 also and got stuck between the Accuracy International AXAICS, KRG Whiskey 3 Gen 6 and the MPA BA competition stock. For the price of the Rem 700 I was willing to spend the extra money for the AI stock but the factory bolt and trigger on the Rem was crap so I started looking at the Tikka as the base donor rifle for the build. I am currently still shopping.

I definitely understand. I wasted all of last year waiting on the HPA to get approved so i wouldnt have to pay that stupid Tax Stamp and wait a year for suppressors. It didnt happen so looks like this month I will get my finger prints done again and wait all year for a couple cans. Hopefully they will shorten the lead time on the form 4 and I will have them before 2019 modern gun season.

Yeah bud did the same thing then said screw it, and ordered two. Went down to local gun store that had a SilencerShop Kiosk and the process was a breeze now I’m just waiting for approval to pick up.

It's a very slight chance that I will acquire a PSA PA-10 .308, then maybe build another PA-10 upper with a decent LR .260 Rem Barrel.

By such measures are dreams attained...

Greg

Last edited:
It's a very slight chance that I will acquire a PSA PA-10 .308, then maybe build another PA-10 upper with a decent LR .260 Rem Barrel, and then really go off the deep end trying to figure out another Upper chambered for .284 Win (which may be a nogo).

By such measures are dreams attained...

Is a .284 in an AR-10 Upper actually possible? Where would the scary parts be hiding?

Greg

You might get DMRish accuracy out of the PA-10. The lowers are a point of departure much improved by the admixture of better parts than PSA can afford you at their price point. If anyone can figure out the .284 question, it might be ASI.

Youtube has a good bit of back-and-forth on the PA-10. As for me, the last two bits and bobs are hopefully showing up tomorrow for The Dildópony,
and I've got everything but the barrel for a long-dormant precision project in 7.5x55 that has got to either go together or get cleared out to make shelf space. I figure that you can only use one at a time effectively, and in my condition I can barely stagger around with two ... as it's beginning to look like there might be some generalized staggering in the not too distant future.

Just out of curiosity...why the 7.5 Swiss chambering?

It's sort of an "'eff you, because I can" thing, and back East we're lucky to be able to shoot out to optimal ranges for something similar to a .308 168 SMK BTHP. That, and the fact that I'm sitting on 2K rounds of GP11 pretty much makes it a quick go-to option. Plus, Russian Reloads makes a system to reuse the empties. The 7.5 is .307, so .308 components are easily adaptable. I figure I can do a bit better with modern components to improve upon the K31s.

Either reason (ammo availability or "Because I can") sounds like a good reason to me. :)

It was just an odd chambering, so I had to ask. (And since I have a couple K31's, it piqued my interest and curiosity.)

Interesting link to the berdan conversion tool (I'm just lazy and bought reformed .284 brass.)

Either reason (ammo availability or "Because I can") sounds like a good reason to me. :)

It was just an odd chambering, so I had to ask. (And since I have a couple K31's, it piqued my interest and curiosity.)

Interesting link to the berdan conversion tool (I'm just lazy and bought reformed .284 brass.)

Yeah, but Brown Trucks stay in their barns in times of crisis. Gotta think simple solutions, just in case.

After much thought my next build wil go like this and chamber in 6.5 Creedmoor.

1. Foundation Genesis 1 Light Distressed Stock
2. Impact 737R Action
4. Trigger Tech Diamond Trigger
5. Surgeon Bottom Metal
6. 26 Inch Proof Research Carbon Fiber Barrel
7. APA Gen1 Micro Bastard Brake

Last edited:
Have a blueprinted Remington 700 action that I want to build up with:
1. Manners EH1 w/ mini chassis gen 2
2. Proof Carbon Fiber 16.5" 6.5 creedmoor
3. TBAC Ultra 7
Already have a SWFA 3-15 scope and a Trigger Tech Special trigger. Going for a short/lightweight build I can primarily hunt with.

Reactions: manki77