• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Newbie Checking In from San Diego

MoBait

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2014
San Diego
Hey guys. Heard about Sniper's Hide over on Calguns.net and figured I'd join. For about a year now, I've been wanting to get into precision shooting and deer hunting. I came to the conclusion that having two different rifles would be better suited than having one, do-it-all gun. I decided to get my budget precision rig first since deer season is a few months away. I had narrowed it down to .308 in a Rem 700 Tactical AAC-SD or Savage 10FP-SR. I liked the Remington action, but the Accustock, Accutrigger, and 22" barrel tipped the scale in favor of the model 10.

I paired her up with an SWFA 10x42mm MIL/MOA scope (MIL/MIL was back ordered with no ETA). The scope is riding on aluminum TPS 20MOA mount and aluminum TPS Super-low rings. I am going to start reloading this summer to get more range time in and work up a load. Thanks for reading guys and I look forward to learning a lot from you all.

Last edited: