• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Newest AR

Metalhead0483

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2008
Brunswick, GA
My newest AR. It's also the first AR I've assembled from the ground up. I think it turned out pretty well all things considered...

RRA Lower
RRA standard LPK
Del Ton M4 upper
DPMS Mini SASS 18" barrel
MI Steel gas block
YHM Phantom flash suppressor
Hogue FF forend
Burris PEPR optics mount

The scope is a Mueller APT 30mm 4.5-14x44 mil dot, which I have to say really surprised me with its clarity and tracking. Especially considering it's price point at $145 shipped. I've got no complaints there.

I had to play with the bipod a bit since it wouldn't fit correctly on the forend as it was, so the brown strip you see sandwiched between the forend and the bipod is a piece of 14 oz. saddle leather I had laying around. Works like a champ.

I've only taken it out to 250yds so far, but with cheap AE XM193 it's been holding consistently right at 1.5 moa out to that range. Not too shabby by my book
smile.gif

Re: Newest AR

Nice looking! Beefy looking barrel-nice touch w/ flutes. Enjoy-you could drop the leather in black dye & it would blend in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WCW308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you could drop the leather in black dye & it would blend in. </div></div>

I've got plenty of leather dye. I'm just trying to decide if there's something better I could use as opposed to the leather before I go through the trouble of dying it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice stick, what kind of groups you gettin with your mini sass barrel? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalhead0483</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's been holding consistently right at 1.5 moa </div></div>

wink.gif