• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF’s Big Announcement on Aug 5th

DedicatedShooter

Air Winger
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
NoVA
Got this in the inbox this morning...curious what’s coming later this week. Anyone have any thoughts?

090152C3-EBF8-4577-87FF-E5A6DB27E22B.png

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I thought that’s what the NXS line was for, hah. Still love the NXSs, SFP or not, they’re a classic in my opinion and will never be “not good enough”.

everyone too interested in features for an NXS anymore, need big erector, clear glass, less weights, not club that tracks

Reactions: matagouri
I'm in the market for a FFP hunting scope...something lower powered and lightweight like Trijicon's Credo 2-10x36. I haven't found anyone who has said anything about that one so I've been hesitant to snag one. Would be cool if NF came out with something similar. Anxious for Aug 5th though!

I'm in the market for a FFP hunting scope...something lower powered and lightweight like Trijicon's Credo 2-10x36. I haven't found anyone who has said anything about that one so I've been hesitant to snag one. Would be cool if NF came out with something similar. Anxious for Aug 5th though!
I’d be all over multiple 2.5-10x42 NXS FFP if they can illuminate it and keep it close to 20oz.

I bet the NX8 1-8 gets a new reticle with a smaller center dot and Christmas tree, similar to the ATACAR 1-8. I bet the higher power NX8’s get Mil XT.

Often thought about something in between their nx8 1-8 and 2.5-20 which might be a 2-16 (8x erector) Maybe a 2-16x42 but would be pretty close to the 2.5-20x50. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.
Edit: on second thought going with the 8x erector a 1.5-10ish power range to compete with the vortex.

Last edited:
If SFP is their “big announcement “ I will be pretty disappointed. 1.5 -10 ish mag range with a fixed or different parallax adj than their current design would be money.

Reactions: rydah
I’m not able to understand why they’d release SFP versions of the NX8 when they already have the NXS line. People have been asking for a low power, lightweight, and FFP hunting optic for awhile. Fingers crossed that’s what we see.

Anything with the nx8 line I won't be jumping on it at opening this time , and waiting for people's experience.... The nx8's shortcomings kinda blew.

Well from my observation the NXS 2.5-10x42 is being phased out. I’m thinking it’s going to be revamped at some point if not in progress. At the NX8 price point a 1.5-12x40ish or less would be a welcomed fit me thinks.

Most likely it’s going to be a 8-32 SFP...

This is not the way. Haha

Reactions: deersniper
Hopefully it's a NX8 with SFP mil reticle and moa turrets for the finer adjustments.

That'd be the dogs bollox.

MOA is only finer if it’s 1/4 minute and why would you need adjustments that fine? If you do, you can get .05 MRAD adjustments and be finer still.

8x is too broad a range. Make mine a 21 ounce 5-15x40 please.

guess i'm in the minority but I'd welcome the 2.5-20 in a 2nd Focal plane for a hunting optic. 4-32 not so much, I couldn't see an application where 2FP would be benefical on that one. The existing FFP reticle at 2.5x is all but useless for hunting because you can't see it in poor light. Illumination is ok but I don't want to have to rely on it to just see the reticle.

Told ya so

they’ll sell the snot out of them to hunters. The real question is will they phase out the nxs soon now

Last edited:
Thanks, Doug, but this link downloads a .zip file to my computer. Not touching that....

If you haven't looked at it...the .zip file has an updated sales sheet. The 2.5-20 and the 4-32 are going to be offered in FFP and SFP, with a couple new reticles for the SFP scopes.

Reactions: Shane431
SFP wouldn’t be so bad if they had a detent at 1/2 max power so you could just double the subtensions and use them

Reactions: Basher
Something that is tactile and audible?

Wish they would have put that in the 2.5-10s from years past

Ah, no I don't think it's tacticle/audible, sadly. 🤷‍♂️ That would have been nice. I guess you could mark it somehow?