• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes NF ATACR Scope Caps

TipToeTango

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Statesville, NC
What's everyone do as far as caps on NF with whole ocular moving? When you power up cap will be in way of bolt coming back? Take them off completely or have them canted at angle where this isn't an issue?

I remove the cover and chamber flag right before shooting. I jammed my thumb real good when cycling the bolt a few times and decided it was just easier to remove the cover vs trying to get it aligned to a non-interference position. Chamber flag and cover go back on at the same time.

The little plastic ring that hold the Tenebraex covers on the NF oculars constantly break, every one of mine did.

I'd recommend a NF bikini cover zip tied to the tube. It works very well and you can pop them off just as quickly as you can open a flip cap.

The Armageddon Gear Trojan cover also works well for keeping the lenses clean and doesn't create a sealed environment so fogging/moisture isn't an issue like it can be with caps. It also keeps dust out of your action while being able to show open bolt condition.