• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NICS Checks for 2012 by State

Re: NICS Checks for 2012 by State

MN was like 15th....that was higher on the list than I thought

I would have thought OK would have been higher... and I didn't even realize the the territories had to do NICS

then I see some states that I know the stats are skewed... like CA, which requires even used guns to be transferred through a dealer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> DC is a disgrace.</div></div>
In more ways then you can imagine!

additionally... the southwest states, that require reporting of multiple sales of certain rifles... you know a LOT of people that buy 2 at a time other places are waiting to pick up the second one there

I will be helping Oklahoma soon. Going to pick up 12 lowers sometime this week when they arrive at my ffl. Two more lowers should be here in a couple of weeks. A Colt 6920 and two KAC rifles. I will probably be put on a list very soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like someone in the Mariana Islands has picked up a new hobby! </div></div>

The gun laws in the Marianas Islands are fairly strict, 15 day minimum wait for lawful transfer.

NMI gun laws

Now that makes me really proud to live here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BapZander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's up in Kentucky? Thats more than 1 check for every 2 people, every year...

population 4,369,356 - Jul 2011
Source: U.S. Census Bureau

Packing my bags now... </div></div>

All those moonshiners need something to protect their stills with
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tofst4u2no</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BapZander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's up in Kentucky? Thats more than 1 check for every 2 people, every year...

All those moonshiners need something to protect their stills with
grin.gif
</div></div>

Y'all ever get them there votes all counted down there in FL?
grin.gif

KY Does a monthly check for all their Carry License holders, sort of inflates their numbers a little bit.

I'm from Kentucky and currently on vacation here. My dad read me a piece of news the other day where a private citizen in this state bought something like $18,000 worth of ammo. We are home to some nice gun shops and as of the other day, my main one (Whittaker's) was completely out of black rifles. That's unheard of for that store.

c_morse:
Amen on Whittaker's, that's were it's at in Western KY. Always enjoy going there. Can handle & feel every gun there. People in KY enjoy there guns.

Lefty Lucas

Whittaker's is a pilgrimage I make with my dad each time I visit home. Second to none in my book. You wouldn't believe the amount of people in there the other day. They actually have a checker at the door to make sure you're only carrying out items you've paid for. I have never seen that before out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_morse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whittaker's is a pilgrimage I make with my dad each time I visit home. Second to none in my book. You wouldn't believe the amount of people in there the other day. They actually have a checker at the door to make sure you're only carrying out items you've paid for. I have never seen that before out there. </div></div>

In one week they sold over 2,300 firearms alone. I think it was last week, or the week before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_morse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whittaker's is a pilgrimage I make with my dad each time I visit home. Second to none in my book. You wouldn't believe the amount of people in there the other day. They actually have a checker at the door to make sure you're only carrying out items you've paid for. I have never seen that before out there. </div></div>

In one week they sold over 2,300 firearms alone. I think it was last week, or the week before. </div></div>

Dad was talking to one of the employees while we were out there and he said they sold 800 firearms in a day shortly after this hysteria began.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_morse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HD1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_morse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whittaker's is a pilgrimage I make with my dad each time I visit home. Second to none in my book. You wouldn't believe the amount of people in there the other day. They actually have a checker at the door to make sure you're only carrying out items you've paid for. I have never seen that before out there. </div></div>

In one week they sold over 2,300 firearms alone. I think it was last week, or the week before. </div></div>

Dad was talking to one of the employees while we were out there and he said they sold 800 firearms in a day shortly after this hysteria began. </div></div>

Wow that's nuts. Yeah that's the first time in my life I've seen the AR section literally empty. I've pretty much been going there nonstop for over ten years and never seen anything like it. I'm surprised they even had some M193/855 a few days ago.

I got lucky (I felt) and picked up a few boxes of .308 at a pretty decent price. I bought a Ruger Gunsite Scout while I was there, and felt pretty lucky, considering the state of their racks, to find it. I saw it bad in there after the 2008 elections, but this was worlds worse.

My state don't have that many, but then again we don't have that many people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BapZander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's up in Kentucky? Thats more than 1 check for every 2 people, every year...

I read somewhere that Kentucky runs a NICS check everyone month on their permit holders which distorts the numbers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And You guys thought we were just rednecks walking around barefoot......
smile.gif

</div></div>

I am and I do.
wink.gif
But I'm also normally carrying a gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am embarrased....I need to buy more guns!</div></div>

I more than made up for you. Lol