• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nightforce 8-32 x 56 focus, brightness throughout

Plasmech

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2009
...throughout its zoom range. I would love to own this scope, but one thing that scares me is from past experience, I know that the golly-gee-whiz zoom range scopes...that meaning the ones that you can see the American flag on the moon with and read the NASA serial number...are often time lacking in clarity and brightness at the upper end of the zoom. Does this hold true with this scope? Thanks!

Re: Nightforce 8-32 x 56 focus, brightness throughout

Nope. They are crystal clear and do not darken.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crossgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope. They are crystal clear and do not darken. </div></div>
Same here as well.

Yeh NF havnt released any product that isnt clear at whatever magnification range.

That being said, I would love for NF to one day release a spotting scope

^ I second that!

At some point, since the early 1990s, I've owned, used, and sold all the following NF models:

BR 5.5-22x56, BR 8-32x56, BR 12-42x56, NXS 5.5-22x56, NXS 8-32x56 and NXS 12-42x56.

They were ALL crystal clear throughout the power ranges.

smile.gif
That is the very scope I have and I can tell you that it is crystal clear throughout the entire power range. I am going to pick up another NF for my Bushmaster!!!

You guys are in luck. I have two I'm selling.
I have one 5.5-22X50 w/ Leupold rings and 8.5-32X56 w/ NF rings. Both have the NP-R1 reticle and Butler Creek caps. All boxes etc. I am selling with the rings for $1600 each shipped.
Email me 300rodent at gmail and I will give you a call.

<span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> I have been using a NXS 8x32 R2 for two years and love it!