• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nightforce F1 vs. Premier Light Tactical 3-15x

madAB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2011
SE PA
Between the NF F1 and the PR Light Tactical, which would you choose and why? They are both FFP and 3-15x so the basics are the same. The NF has zero stop which I don't believe the PR does. The NF comes with rings which is a nice bonus. It seems some people prefer the glass of PR over NF.

While it may seem like a ridiculous point, I worry the NF's magnification/rotating ocular could be slightly awkward with a butler creek cap on it. I have not had a chance to look through either one.

Any and all insight is greatly appreciated.

Re: Nightforce F1 vs. Premier Light Tactical 3-15x

I have both, & I definitely prefer the Premier. It does have a zero stop as well.

The glass is better, & the "clicks" are much more positive on the PR, & I like the MTC feature. Plus the Gen2 XR is a great reticle.

Edit: I didn't see you said light tactical. I have no experience with those! Sorry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KaneK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have both, & I definitely prefer the Premier. It does have a zero stop as well.

The glass is better, & the "clicks" are much more positive on the PR, & I like the MTC feature. Plus the Gen2 XR is a great reticle. </div></div>

Good to know that the PR has zero stop. I didn't see anything about it on the website. I'll have to look into the MTC feature.

When I first heard about the PLT I was hoping for 10 mil knobs and more elevation travel. The 6 mil knobs are odd to me and I need a scope with lots of travel because I shoot ELR sometimes. I know... I'm picky.

I considered the March 3-24 also but it was going to be close to $3000 with illume and couldn't get the reticle I like the best.

I chose the scope which represented the features I preferred most.

I ended up with the F1, HS/10mil, ZS. A lot of things I like about the scope but it's not without fault though! We were shooting the AZPRC night shoot last night and the ocular focus ring came loose when I was adjusting the magnification so the frikken crosshair went out of focus. I had to spend extra time to refocus it and attempt to tighten the ring enough so the same thing wouldn't happen a minute later.
frown.gif
At least the scope has illume but the illume system is a failure in that it's a pain to adjust for different lighting conditions. For example last night the darker it got the brighter the illume appeared which made the already hard to see steels partially obscured.

I wish NF would do a frikken revamp!

I have both the NF and the Premier LT. Both are awesome scopes, I definitely prefer the Premier LT. Yes it does have zero stops.. Good luck with your choice.

Both are GTG! The Premier LT will have nicer glass than the NF, but that is no knock on the NF glass. You'll be taken care of either way. If you do the NF, go with the MLR2 reticle.

Nightforce F1 = 10 mils in one turn
Premier LT = 6 mils in one turn

F1 does not have up stop were the PR LT does.

The Glass is better in the PR LT.

I love both scope and use both of them.

Whatever one you get you will be happy with.

Mike @ CST

I have the Premier LT 3x15x50 and i love this scope. Its light, the glass is awesome, the clicks are very distinct, and its a compact scope.

Everyone who looks down the tube of my Premier comments on just how clear the glass is. If it were me, I'd go with the PRemier and not look back.

I do not own the NF, but do own the PR LT. I bought it for my daughters new rifle, and I am very surprised at the quality of this optic. I think the only thing the NF has over the PR is the 10 mils per turn. But 12 mils total is perfect for 260rem. You cant go wrong with either in my opinion, but i much prefer the customer service of Premier.

Bill

Owning an SB PM-II, two premiers and two NFs, I can honestly say I truly think premier has the best glass. That said ...

An F1 fetches ~2k used, and the 3-15 <span style="font-weight: bold">Heritage</span> fetches the same.

I would certainly get the premier, but I'd skip the LT, and get the heritage.

I have the NightForce F1 with MLR2.0 and I couldn't be happier. I couldn't imagine something with better glass. Im sure its possible but Ill tell you the NightForce F1 is crystal clear, I was amazed when I looked through it for the first time. If I had to do it all over again, I would pick the NightForce F1 again hands down. Plus that MLR2.0 reticle is great. Its got everything you need with out being to busy. The MLR2.0 reticle is usable at all magnification levels and its extremely fast to use for holdovers or ranging. I was shooting 500yards a few weeks ago on 3.5 and 5 power and both settings where great. Also Nightforce has great customer service and they stand behind their products 110% and NightForce is battle proven.

I cant comment on the Premier since I never used one. I did hear great things about them though.

On another note-
Mike at CS Tactical Is a great guy to do business with. He was very helpful and really went out of his way to help me pick the right scope. I would HIGHLY recommend buying from CS Tactical.

If you think the Nightfore F1 is clear don't ever....EVER look through a Schmidt and Bender. I made the mistake of buying a S&B, and to say I'm completely spoiled is an understatement. I actually thought the F1's were lacking in clarity in comparison to their normal 5.5-22's. However, that is just one experience with one F1 against the multiple NXS's I've used and looked through, and on top of that it is just an opinion, so take it for what it's worth hah! I would probably choose the Premier LT if you don't need more than 12 mils which is pushing it really close for a .308 at 1000 yards.

I've owned both, love NF stuff.

They cant compare to PH glass though.....at least not in my eyes.

The Heritage was too heavy for my use. The LT is a fantastic .308 scope.

This is all great info guys. I really appreciate it. I think that I am leaning towards the Premier.