• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nightforce F1 Zero Stop Tutorial

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2008
Southern Indiana
www.8541tactical.com
Just shot a quick video while at the range today:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/brNRYcdwybI&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/brNRYcdwybI&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Nightforce F1 Zero Stop Tutorial

thanks for doing that!!! its one thing to read the instructions, but alot nicer to see it done.

couldnt have been better timing as well, my F1 will be showing up on thursday!

Nice video bro. Im sure this will help a lot of people. When I sighted in my F1 I forgot the instructions at home. Luckily I was able to google it and found the instructions. But this video would have been much nicer.

The simplest best explanation seen.
Thank you

Nice video. The image quality is excellent. How do you like the F1 John? I only have a few months left before GAP is done with my rifle & the F1 is my top contender.

I am working on the review right now, but it is an excellent choice for a tactical rifle scope. It oozes quality in a rough and tumble way. It almost begs you to slap it around a bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am working on the review right now, but it is an excellent choice for a tactical rifle scope. <span style="font-weight: bold">It oozes quality in a rough and tumble way. It almost begs you to slap it around a bit.</span> </div></div>

sounds like my last girlfriend...

Just kidding, couldn't help myself

Look forward to the review

I am certainly looking forward to your review.

Awesome video, i really appriciate it! it didnt look like rocket surgery, but its still nice to have a video tutorial

Nicely done! I was thinking about doing one for the latest generation S&B PMII scopes (since S&B is still shipping the previous generation manuals), but I couldn't edit myself out of a wet paper bag, so there that goes. It would be helpful to some I suppose because on the previous generation, the turret caps move up and rotate in order to zero whereas the current generation turrets are not removable at all.

Thanks John, this is great. I've had a zero stop for a while now and hate to admit it, but have been too chicken to mess with the clutch. I’ll give it a try once I zero the new rifle.

great vid, just got a NF 3.5x15 without ZS and HS turrents, eventually going to get them changed out with ZS option and HS turrents.

Thanks, very helpful video, I did the same thing BigB308 did, I did have the instructions with me but a video makes it a lot easier you did a great job.

I just found this video on youtube and finally I understand how the normal zerostop on the NXS works. (I don't own a NXS with this kind of turret on the differing compact NXS.) I never realized that it actually spun upwards and revealed graduated lines on the drum.

The zero stop on the compact NXS doesn't do this. I have to keep track of every revolution. Not too bad since it has a zero stop.

Your video is the first resource I've seen that actually illustrated how the turret works. After seeing this, I'm thinking that one by one all my NXS should definitely go back to NF for zero stop installation.

John

Did you post your F1 review yet? Just wondering if I missed it over on mail call Monday's.