• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Made In China ??

Re: Nightforce Made In China ??

I can,t believe people think any scope , no mater who makes it is worth $1500.00 or more. And one made in a forgien country? I have some beach frount prop in san bernadino if your are interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m24armorer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW since posting on this thread this morning my 2.5-10x24 arrived from Euro Optics.

Stamped "Made in USA"

On first inspection it seems solid and well made with excellent fit and finish on all external components.

Turret clicks, whilst not as positive and tactile as on an S&B seem more than acceptable - will be good to check repeatability when mounted. Glass is clear with no blurring at the edges (as I get on my MST100). Mag ring smooth and with a nice resistance.

My only beef would be with the rubber lens covers....but they can be swapped.

USA, Japan or anywhere else.....exactly as I expected and I'm sure it'll perform fine. </div></div>

OK, I'll swap you a nightforce for your blurry MST100....

My only bitch with the Nightforce is the illumination knob. It starts out high and you have to wind it down to the low setting. OK if you are at the range but on the street and in a hurry if you are not careful you also unscrew the battery cap. It's the same.</div></div>

Uh,

I hate to break it too you, in order to adjust the NF illumination you have to adjust a screw under the battery. You can't Turn it Down to adjust on the fly, it only has one power. You pull out to turn it on, and push in to turn it off.

How are you turning it down with the potential to unscrew the battery cap. The adjustment is under the battery and only adjustable by jewelers screwdriver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can,t believe people think any scope , no mater who makes it is worth $1500.00 or more. And one made in a forgien country? I have some beach frount prop in san bernadino if your are interested. </div></div>

Are you serious with this post??? If so you're gonna get flamed real bad!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can,t believe people think any scope , no mater who makes it is worth $1500.00 or more. And one made in a forgien country? I have some beach frount prop in san bernadino if your are interested. </div></div>

Are you serious with this post??? If so you're gonna get flamed real bad!! </div></div>

I will have to agree. Nightforce is a great scope. If you want Ill get you a BSA. Tell me what you think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Uh,

I hate to break it too you, in order to adjust the NF illumination you have to adjust a screw under the battery. You can't Turn it Down to adjust on the fly, it only has one power. You pull out to turn it on, and push in to turn it off.

How are you turning it down with the potential to unscrew the battery cap. The adjustment is under the battery and only adjustable by jewelers screwdriver </div></div>

I think he is referring to the BR model. Not sure why he's using a BR model "on the street"

I may be mistaken. The BR and old Varmint models have the externally adjustable illumination.

It's the compact model that has the illumination adjustment on the side. The BR model has it on the top. But yes NF does make a tactical scope with externally adjustable illmination.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only bitch with the Nightforce is the illumination knob. It starts out high and you have to wind it down to the low setting. OK if you are at the range but on the street and in a hurry if you are not careful you also unscrew the battery cap. It's the same.</div></div>

Thanks for the laugh.

I guess I dont have the crazy ninja skills to twist off my parralax knob while performing over watch , in a hurry, while on the "streets".

Bring that scope back to Cooter, you got a fake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300zero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can,t believe people think any scope , no mater who makes it is worth $1500.00 or more. And one made in a forgien country? I have some beach frount prop in san bernadino if your are interested. </div></div>

Are you serious with this post??? If so you're gonna get flamed real bad!! </div></div>

I will have to agree. Nightforce is a great scope. If you want Ill get you a BSA. Tell me what you think. </div></div>

Bbob is just mad cause he bought the beach front property instead of a quality optic. Now he is rockin' the Counter Sniper Scope....

Here is some hearsay-

15-20? years ago I purchased a sako 6mm ppc varmit rifle(for sale). This was purchased from a semi-retired gunsmith that worked from his basement(literally). This guy also had a small stock of mostly rifles and ammo. His name was Skinner and he was the kind of dealer that we all want to have around. He had a vast amount of knowledge and didn't mind sharing it. Anyway I told him I wanted a scope- How about ordering me a leopold? He replied "I think you want a burris"
---Why? --- Because it is similar quality and Burris is the last manufacturer to make their scope's in the USA, they are also cheaper. Well, that burris signature series sure is a good piece of glass.

Sadly they are no longer all USA made. They were the last. So good luck with the "MADE IN USA" That is the way of the world today- I mean try renting a dvd AND watching it on made in America equipment. We still have our hand in the pot, it is loaded with knowledge instead of parts.

Sorry if this is so long but have not thought of skinner in years- I moved from Oregon to florida- miss him--- At least three times I went down to Gladstone to get some 7.62 x 39 or .223 ammo and bought a firearm because of his recommendation. He always told me what I 'wanted'. He was always right. Even if at the time of purchase I wasn't too sure...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't understand what the point of this thread was! Was it to say that NF scopes are junk if they're made in China? Well we all know they are far from junk! Or, was it to say that we shouldn't spend our American dollars on them because they are made in China? Well if we didn't spend money on items that are not made in the USA then we wouldn't have very many items! So my point is......This thread is POINTLESS!! </div></div>

the point of this thread my dear man, was to verify the allegation of where it is actually made, the claim, "Made In America", is a MUST in my OPINION, every little screw, dial or tube. got it now ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m24armorer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, I'll swap you a nightforce for your blurry MST100....
</div></div>

Hmmm....not sure I get the idea of a "swap".....give me a little more time and I may decide to "sell" it here on the Hide.

But, "sell" it or keep it.....I'd be looking to replace it with an S&B 4-16x42 PMII.

And NO!....the vote for the S&B is not a derogatory comment on any other manufacturer's scopes, it is just for the rifle the MST is mounted on, the S&B would be my choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is killing me.......roflmao...
Keep these worthless,goofy ass,none knowing,unbelieaveable threads coming pp you defiantly a optics god......

On second thought........DON'T!!!!!!!Just keep posting on your c.s.line of scopes and let the rest of us who appreciate good optics worry about there place of manufacture......ok ENOUGH SAID........ </div></div>

well.., would you consider this Schmidt Bender scope by the "Optics God" good enough for you ?? i am ordering it first thing Monday morning when i verify my dividend check has been deposited.., oooh BTW, do you have anything comparable on your Hesse AR-15 ??

PM3-12x50Military.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again we all let Piston Pete stir the pot. notice he didnt say anything after he started this thread.....NF are very high quality optics at an excellent price range. I ordered two F1 scopes just the other day.

He must be running low on his crazy pills at the nursing home....

"NURSE! NURSE!! change my bed pan as I post on Snipers Hide!! " - Pete </div></div>

first off.., GFY
wink.gif
look, read, and try to pull yourself from the gutter you live in, your personal insults reflect what kind of person you really are, aren't you selling enough news papers on the traffic intersection you occupy 7 days a week ? is your grocery cart needing new wheels ?

at the level of scopes we're talking about here, schmidt and bender, nightforce, it doesn't matter your getting a quality optic. if anyone wants to give me either i'll gladly accept, both are awesome.they just have different features, price points, and glass. if anyone wants to get rid of a nightforce because it's "chinese" i'll give you 200$ plus shipping
smile.gif

It really doesn't matter where anything is made, all comes down to how they make it, even some things made in the USA are crappy.

i dont think any scope company in the US is able to produce there glass in the States. So if im not mistaken all US Based scope companies glass is produced over seas

This thread is a prefect illustration of how idiotic rumors begin and how the mindless masses gobble them up.

Especially when the OP states that made in the USA is a MUST, and then says he's ordering a S&B on Monday!! Priceless!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fishguts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">super glad i got a leupod instead!</div></div>

Why is that,leupold uses foreign sourced parts too.

I don't care where the parts are made, as long as they meet the manufacturer's quality standards, and the manufacturer stands behind their products.

Nightforce does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fishguts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">super glad i got a leupod instead! </div></div>

Good luck with that-let us know how you make out with it.
sleep.gif

I live 40 minutes from the factory that builds the NightForce scopes. The owner came on a guided hunting trip to the area and loved it soo much here that he packed up his NightForce Company and moved it to Orofino, Idaho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fishguts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">super glad i got a leupod instead! </div></div>

Man I needed a laugh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The compact series and F1 are made in the USA (Idaho) and the remainder come from Japan, but are serviced in Idaho.</div></div>

Correct.

CS Gunworks is now CS TACTICAL.com
www.cstactical.com

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks / CS Tactical</span>
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS / CS Tactical on AR15.com
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS / CS Tactical on Snipersparadise
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS / CS Tactical on the HIDE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i dont think any scope company in the US is able to produce there glass in the States. So if im not mistaken all US Based scope companies glass is produced over seas </div></div>

If I am not mistaken, Schott and Corning both have US factories.

I have heard it from the horse’s mouth, so to speak, that Schott can produce finished lens elements ground and coated right here in the US.

Just an FYI. It’s still possible.

I don't care where the glass in my NF NXS is made it's a terrific scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beltfed74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What happened to Australia and LightforceUSA? Just curious, I hung up the long range thing for a few years and got out of the loop. </div></div>

Still its parent company. Looks like you know more than most.

3M and Schott both still have capability to grind scope lenses, but cannot do so at quality/price point that makes them competitive as a lense supplier to Leupold and other US shooting optics companies.

I don't have a problem buying Chinese scopes if they work as advertised. However, my experience and that of friends has been that most are iffy. My next scope will definitely be a NF FFP mil/mil when I step up from the midrange Bushnell mil/mil FFP. Where ever they source parts from ... they are doing it right. That's for sure. i have no doubt mine will be worth every penny.

ok here is why i ordered a nightforce :

i met an old shooter in my shooting club, we talked for an hour or so about reloading and guns.
he had a gun made for hunting purposes at a localgunsmith, with a lightweight alu system, leightweight wood stock, and a pencil barrel. it was a 338 lapua. he loaded it with solid copper bullets up to 920m/s (fast).it has also a custom brake. the whole gun only weights 8 pounds.

he used swarovski, and s+b scopes on it, but his zero allways wandered around, it took him long to figure out that the heavy recoil in combo with the brake made his zero wander.

only with nightforce glasses he did not have the problem.

eventually swaro heared about his problem and invited him and his light gun for a test shoot(we live in austria 40 km from the plant)
they employed hihgspeed cameras , and cut up a swarovski scope a bit from the side to see if there is movement during the shots.

yes there was movement and the zero wandered, they are developing a scope series that can withstand even the hardest kicks now.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gettn2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beltfed74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What happened to Australia and LightforceUSA? Just curious, I hung up the long range thing for a few years and got out of the loop. </div></div>

Still its parent company. Looks like you know more than most. </div></div>

I don't know if it still happens, but whenever I used to google Nightforce the fist site I was directed to was the Australian Lightforce site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fishguts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">super glad i got a leupod instead! </div></div>

Man I needed a laugh.</div></div> dont know why that was so funny but any way, heres a reply from them to me.

Dear Mr. Mott,

Thank you for your letter about our products.

All of our rifle scopes and Gold Ring spotting scopes are built here in Beaverton, Oregon. We have over 600 employees who labor at our factory to bring your riflescopes to you. They make the scopes starting from raw materials. The lens glass is sourced from one of three different overseas makers of extremely high grade optical glass as it has been for over 50 years. Your riflescope has our full lifetime warranty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is killing me.......roflmao...
Keep these worthless,goofy ass,none knowing,unbelieaveable threads coming pp you defiantly a optics god......

On second thought........DON'T!!!!!!!Just keep posting on your c.s.line of scopes and let the rest of us who appreciate good optics worry about there place of manufacture......ok ENOUGH SAID........ </div></div>

well.., would you consider this Schmidt Bender scope by the "Optics God" good enough for you ?? i am ordering it first thing Monday morning when i verify my dividend check has been deposited.., oooh BTW, do you have anything comparable on your Hesse AR-15 ??

PM3-12x50Military.jpg

</div></div> oh thats pretty cool a pic from S&B...thats clearly not a SS

Leupold does have 600 plus american workers and a huge facility. I have been on a couple of factory tours......they have tons of machines churning out parts....each machines has an employee who runs just that machine.......that employee is solely responsable for the part he/she makes. TOns of folks there are 25-30 year employees. In fact each scope line VX-1, 2 and 3, Mark 4's etc each have their own "clean room" for assembley. The workers get promoted up the scope line...everybody starts on the lowest end. YOu won't find anyone building the Mark 4's who has less than 20 years at Leupold.........for the most part the people who work there are themselves shooters. When I say employees I mean people who are 2nd generation or even third.......you can't get a foot in the door there otherwise. THey treat their employees great. Alot of people when you hear "factory" or "assembley" they picture the "factory" is like a United NAtions party.....cheap labor......illegal immigrants etc. Beaverton Oregon is not a cheap place to live and I have never ran into anyone at Leupold who has an ancent in their speech. The products and assembled by techs who are well paid....with all parts made in house and the glass comes from Europes top glass maker.

Yes Leupold has had some items break......they are hand assembled and put together by humans.......they aren't S&B's but they are good scopes in MHO.

Derek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crossgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jay

Just for the record all of the Nightforce Scopes are not assembled in Idaho. Not that it matters. </div></div>

Were do you get your info. Nightforce says they put them together in Idaho.

Even if they were built in China they would be by far the best scopes that ever came out of China. But they are not they are stamped Japan.

No matter how you cut it Nightforce is one of the best scopes on the market and has been one of the most reliable ones also.

just for you all.., i have the Nightforce 3.5-15x 50 and <span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #3333FF">LOVE</span></span> it !!

thanks to the believers, i want to post the photos, but i have a problem with posting photos when i try to, i get this message:<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "Flash Player (Safari plug-in) quit unex</span>pec</span>tedly" </div></div>

<span style="color: #000000">if anyone knows how to fix it, i will appreciate very much, BTW it is an Apple iMac

thank you !</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snakum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3M and Schott both still have capability to grind scope lenses, but cannot do so at quality/price point that makes them competitive as a lense supplier to Leupold and other US shooting optics companies.

</div></div>

Schott can make some pretty cheap glass....my fuckin bunn uses schott glass and is like looking through a tasco
laugh.gif

DSC_1105.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad Arnett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my fuckin bunn uses schott glass and is like looking through a tasco
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Looks way better then a tasco!

Fish-I think you will be happy..........plus with a GAP you are bound to have shooter. The Leupold is a very good gunsite...especially for the money and if you like buying American. I can't really vouche for their stuff like rangefinders and binos that are marked Made in wherever but the scopes I feel are very good. Again not comparable to $3000 scopes but I like to know if I back over it with my truck I can get a brand new replacement ASAP for life. Let me know how it goes on your GAP.

Derek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are the real ones made? </div></div>

The one that I just received (NXS 5.5X22X56 NP-R1) is stamped on the bottom "Made in Japan". Who knows where the collective parts are made. Great scope but it sucks to put more Americans out of work.

It was a surprise to me. I thought they were made here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woollymonster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The one that I just received (NXS 5.5X22X56 NP-R1) is stamped on the bottom "Made in Japan". Who knows where the collective parts are made. Great scope but it sucks to put more Americans out of work.

It was a surprise to me. I thought they were made here.</div></div>

you never get a second chance to make a first impression. HAHAHA