• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NightForce VS Huskemaw VS Mark4 LRT

Re: NightForce VS Huskemaw VS Mark4 LRT

i was actually just thinking the same thing sobr.
I just got my MDM but havent had the chance to use it yet as my rifle has been down for some time, but that will end Monday. I cant wait to give this MDM a go. It truly is a cool piece of kit, and I wager there isn't much it can't do. I have already played with it while using the Shooter ready program, and it makes thing much easier.

I don't mind. Atleast it's not heat towards me being a dumbass for asking a question anymore. at the moment...

Look at the longest sniper kills ever, you cannot compare quality and years of proven equiptment, to a fly by night manufacture. Leupold has been around forever, and is not going anywhere. They might not be the clearist optics out there but I dont see the millitary using Nightforce either. Look at the link below, and see the countless years of millitary long rande kill records. I dont see nightforce on there. click on the link to their weapons, and it will tell you what each was using. The most recent kill the gun manufacture recomends the nightforce but there is a reason why the millitary is not using it in the field. If you can affor leupold or Schmidt & Bender get it.

Duckslayer,

One of the most mis informed first post we've seen in a long time.

Socom, uses Nightforce scopes. The Seals use Nightforce scopes, Rangers use Nightforce, in fact a 3rd BAT record was recently set with a Mk13 using a Nightforce.

Glad to see ignorance is still alive and well on the internet.

I dont see the millitary using nightforce for long range shooting, look at all the record sniper kills. there is a reason they dont use NF. Click on the link below and click on the weapons, and see the equiptment the millitary is using. Not once does it mention NightForce, and the only person that recomends it is a gun manufacture of one of the weapons used, but then again they user of the weapon did not use nightforce. Leupold and Schmidt & Bender have been around for years and there is a reason the millitary, uses premium equiptment. Leupold may not be the clearist in optics, but that is ones opinion. If you can afford a leupold or Schmidt & Bender buy it. The years of proven use in combat, and in the field hunting have been proven. One thing is certian i would rather use a Leupold over anything. Dont buy a scope online through bidding process, there are knock off brands and look a likes buy through a reputible supplier.

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at the longest sniper kills ever, you cannot compare quality and years of proven equiptment, to a fly by night manufacture. Leupold has been around forever, and is not going anywhere. They might not be the clearist optics out there but I dont see the millitary using Nightforce either. Look at the link below, and see the countless years of millitary long rande kill records. I dont see nightforce on there. click on the link to their weapons, and it will tell you what each was using. The most recent kill the gun manufacture recomends the nightforce but there is a reason why the millitary is not using it in the field. If you can affor leupold or Schmidt & Bender get it. </div></div>

You are a moron.

And, I'd guess, a well-accomplished mall ninja.

Dude, WTF, point to all the ask.com or wiki articles you want, this site is not for those long range shooters specializing in internet searches.

You obviously have no first-hand knowledge, and your second-hand knowledge is incomplete.

Go be an search engine expert somewhere else, please.

Lowlight,

they may use nightfore but you dont see snipers using nightforce making <RECORD SHOTS>, or as many as in the past. They may make excellent equiptment in low light conditions, but for LONG RANGE they still have some catching up to do.

I'm just somewhat suprised he isn't pushing Countersniper optics....it is afterall US Gov't over runs....
grin.gif

Mall ninja calling:

Rancid Cooliad

This reminds me of a school kid, Ford VS. Chevy. You must be a NF fan. I dont like mine, and have owned many types of optics, and still prefer my Custom Mark4 Leupold and for the Chart it is an easy page to look up records. Just incase if you need more info. The MARK 4 is a gret scope, just some dont like the fact that a cutom built will cost in excess of 1,700.

this is terrific. c'mon ducky, don't run out on us now. hold your ground soldier. if it is on ask jeeves or whatever it must be true

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This reminds me of a school kid, Ford VS. Chevy...</div></div>

Most of us weren't old enough to own trucks in 1st grade... damn, get held back a few years?

Easy to look up the records... interesting, on that list there are no Special Operations people listed... wonder why, maybe because they don't advertise.

Dude, go snuggle with you Loopy... its a no bid package scope on most of those systems... you think the M24 is setting records for distance and the other systems used aren't ?

You can look up anything you like on the internet, doesn't make it right or your Loopy worth a damn... you haven't got a clue what NF are used and on what so clearly your "looking up" skills are lacking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I'm interested....what the heck are you doing to a Mark 4 to make it cost $1700+?</div></div>

Thats what i'm wondering?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you haven't got a clue what NF are used and on what so clearly your "Google Fu" skills are lacking.
</div></div>

fixed it for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mall ninja calling:

Rancid Cooliad

This reminds me of a school kid, Ford VS. Chevy. You must be a NF fan. I dont like mine, and have owned many types of optics, and still prefer my Custom Mark4 Leupold and for the Chart it is an easy page to look up records. Just incase if you need more info. The MARK 4 is a gret scope, just some dont like the fact that a cutom built will cost in excess of 1,700. </div></div>

That you think Leupold makes the best long range scopes because you read a list online is seriously funny. That you think Nightforce vs. Leupold is the same as Ford vs. Chevy, that makes you an epic long range expert.

If you, next, endorse Huskemaw, I might piss myself in laughter. Thanks for making this Monday a little less boring, bro.

We, here on the Hide, obviously haven't seen as much combat as you, feel free to school us on long range gear and tactics. Please.

The front focal plane is not cheap, and the is scope pre calibrated for the .300win mag, with 50 yard inrcrements, out to 2100 yards, that is not saying i can shoot that far accuratley but the scope is calibrated and custom built towards an averavg temperature, elevation, ballistics including podwer type, bullet type, and calibrated to the same (lot of amuntion) each cartridge made changes from lot to lot, due to temp, age of powder, even made in a building the moisture changes, anyone that knows anything about ballistics knows how much the slighest change will make a difference. For those that go and buy a scope off the shelf and just slap it on their favorite deer rifle is ignorant. If you are going to spend the time building a longrange rifle, it takes more than a scope, and off the self rifle, amunition. I am not saying nightforce is cheap by no means and it has won many competitions, and bench rest shootings. And anyone can make a hunting video of a long range shot.

So Loopy sold you a BDC for your turret cap and charged a bunch more and that makes it "special" ...

Let me guess, your bullet at 29.92, 59 degrees, and 78% humidity ...

I have a custom long range bridge to sell you if you're interested... spans great distances better than any other bridge out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The front focal plane is not cheap, and the is scope pre calibrated for the .300win mag, with 50 yard inrcrements, out to 2100 yards, that is not saying i can shoot that far accuratley but the scope is calibrated and custom built towards an averavg temperature, elevation, ballistics including podwer type, bullet type, and calibrated to the same (lot of amuntion) each cartridge made changes from lot to lot, due to temp, age of powder, even made in a building the moisture changes, anyone that knows anything about ballistics knows how much the slighest change will make a difference. For those that go and buy a scope off the shelf and just slap it on their favorite deer rifle is ignorant. If you are going to spend the time building a longrange rifle, it takes more than a scope, and off the self rifle, amunition. I am not saying nightforce is cheap by no means and it has won many competitions, and bench rest shootings. And anyone can make a hunting video of a long range shot. </div></div>

If ballistics change so much, and they do. Wouldn't pre calibrated turrets be bad?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For those that go and buy a scope off the shelf and just slap it on their favorite deer rifle is ignorant. </div></div>

Dang! Now I have to get a custom scope before I can learn how to shoot.

I never said anything about me being in combat, you obviosly cant read too well. its just a post, i am a chey fan and you are the ford NF fan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The front focal plane is not cheap, and the is scope pre calibrated for the .300win mag, with 50 yard inrcrements, out to 2100 yards, that is not saying i can shoot that far accuratley but the scope is calibrated and custom built towards an averavg temperature, elevation, ballistics including podwer type, bullet type, and calibrated to the same (lot of amuntion) each cartridge made changes from lot to lot, due to temp, age of powder, even made in a building the moisture changes, anyone that knows anything about ballistics knows how much the slighest change will make a difference. For those that go and buy a scope off the shelf and just slap it on their favorite deer rifle is ignorant. If you are going to spend the time building a longrange rifle, it takes more than a scope, and off the self rifle, amunition. I am not saying nightforce is cheap by no means and it has won many competitions, and bench rest shootings. And anyone can make a hunting video of a long range shot. </div></div>OK, I know I shouldn't jump in, being one of the FNG's and all but.... DUDE!...Jumpin' Jeezus on a pogo-stick, your spell-check and grammar-fu is an epic failure. Did you NOT notice all the red lines as you were typing this drivel?

My apologies to the staff and membership for the minor rant. Carry on.

your a funny one, if you want some lessons there is a mall ninja clip some where.
Oh, yes wise one you have to buy a custom scope bfore you can learn to shoot, you are a dumb ass. but if you want to shoot coke cans on a fence you can buy any scope you want.

So

LOWLIGHT

why is it you like the NF over the Leupold Mark4? what are the pros and cons?

Let him spin long enough, something intelligent and factual might spill out. Quite by accident.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why is it you like the NF over the Leupold Mark4? what are the pros and cons? </div></div>

Anyone have a picture of the NF that got shot in combat and still worked to finish the mission?

Leupold has been behind the scope curve for more than a decade. They have rested on their laurels, and reputation from the late 80's and early 90's and haven't done anything positive, that wasn't being done already by others which forced Leupold to move in their current direction. Even the FFP thing, Premier did that to Leupolds and when they felt they could make money from it, they pulled the FFP conversion rug from under Premier. Same thing with the TMR reticle, it was their way to cut Premier out of the GEN 2.

A series of mistakes like being late to the FFP game, 5th of a mil adjustments, outsourcing their parts to china, are just some of the quantifiable mistakes.

Their failure rate has skyrocketed, we see broken Leupolds all the time with military classes. Between 2 and 5 scopes will break during a class of 20 shooters all using the same military issue. They carry a whole team box of back ups... which is probably why the Special Operations community uses NF scopes. They are bullet proof when compared to the Leupold. Canted reticles, click adjustments which lose tracking as much as 5% of their value as you reach the higher end of their adjustment range. It all adds up to a less than stellar product.

For fair weather shooters, hunters who expend less than 3 boxes of ammo a season, and those looking for name recognition, Leupolds are certainly a favorite. But true professional quickly learn to avoid the make if they want to be serious about their profession.

I could go on, but it has been hashed out here before, pages and pages worth... try a search, you seem to like that.

well finaly some useful information. what is wrong with the TMR? I have been looking at buying another scope for a .338, and since this is the first fourm that has been anything useful, that is kinda what led me to this site and fourm.

What the hell is wrong with you guys. Ask jeeves? Wiki? Yahoo Answers? Laughable answers at best. Bing is a much better source for my info...

There's nothing wrong with the TMR reticle, its the package it comes is the problem, get a Nightforce with the MLR reticle and matching .1mrad knobs

Come on guys. You all know NF is no good for long range. That's why Chey Tac puts them on their rifles
wink.gif

Nice to see that someone else still supports Leupold.

I guess you got tired of the debate, Leupold VS Night Force.