• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Vortex. I have looked at it in person at SHOT and I liked everything about it. Been shooting this sport for a long time and know what will work with an optic and a good feature set and the Vortex 5-20 offers it all. To get a NF with those features and FFP you will spend quite a bit more.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but most vendors don't want you discussing the details of those discounts on a public forum.

I guess I'm the odd guy?
I would go NF.
It will cost more though.

I have no experience with the Vortex I assume it's a great scope.

PSE EVO 60 Lbs.
Blacked out

Last edited by a moderator:
The only NF scope with a feature set near the Razor HD will be around $2600 now for the F1.

Last edited:
Did you prefer the razor? Or do you mean because of the discount? You mind comparing your experiences with the two? thanks.

I prefer the ATACR because as a LE marksman I use SFP and MOA and the ATACR with MOAR fits my needs like a glove. Had the Razor and it was a great scope but I already had two FFP/MIL scopes so sold that to upgrade my NXS. The glass was very good, in fact I won't bother to go down the list because for the price I paid (1900) it was a very good investment. Even after almost a year of use I sold it for 1700 so investment wise its very good. Now with that discount I wouldn't even think twice and just get a Razor II.

Sully

thank you all for your input i appreciate it and i was leaning towards the vortex and now i think thats the one im going to go with!

At that price for the Vortex, it's a no brainer, get it.

To get a Nightforce with the same options it will put you past $2k.

Note to OP, don't advertise any discounts you get or your PM box will overflow in about a day and a half.

Sully

I have a few questions about which scope would be better for me. I'm just getting into long range competitions and where I work I get a discount on Vortex Optics. That being said I can get a very good deal on a Razor HD 5-20. I have heard such great things about Nightforce though, so I'm wondering if I should go with something Nightforce. I just want to make sure that I am getting the best scope for my money. The Vortex one is more money I just want to know if its worth it. Any input would be great. My uses for the scope would be to ranges up to and maybe further 1500 yards.

Get the Razor. The NF is nice, but behind the times with their offerings in that price range. If they made an NXS FFP in the sub $2,000 range, I would suggest that as a competitor, but they don't. At that price for the Razor, you CAN'T beat it.

Another vote for Vortex..... warranty is awesome... if you don't like it post for sale on the HIDE and you will get your money back in 30 minutes or less.

I have a few questions about which scope would be better for me. I'm just getting into long range competitions and where I work I get a discount on Vortex Optics. That being said I can get a very good deal on a Razor HD 5-20. I have heard such great things about Nightforce though, so I'm wondering if I should go with something Nightforce. I just want to make sure that I am getting the best scope for my money. The Vortex one is more money I just want to know if its worth it. Any input would be great. My uses for the scope would be to ranges up to and maybe further 1500 yards.

People like you are going to screw it up for all of us. I suggest deleting your post. Dumb for advertising what discount you can get.

Agreed. Those deals are confidential to the dealers only, and posting such can really screw it up, as I have taken advantage of deals like that through my shop and had long conversations with the manufacturers. Tom at Vortex laid it out, and you don't want to get on the wrong side of a great company like that. And I also wouldn't recommend turning around and selling it for a profit because its in the order agreement that you aren't "allowed" to sell items that you purchased through a dealer program. There was a company that will remain unnamed that even had a couple guys that would check online auction sites and forums to track serial numbers.

Get rid of this before it gets out (if it hasn't already).

Status
Not open for further replies.