• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

@Nik H how you like me now?

Pho reel dough. How was the fit of the sweater? True to size? Did you have to pick a size up or down?

Im a midget, 5-8, can actually do a pull up (could probably even get 20 if you guys would let me kip) and run more than 3 miles without needing a crash cart, about 185 pounds, chest bigger diameter than waist.

That said I went medium.

Only layer I intend under it will be a thermal or a t-shirt.

Its pretty heavy gauge wool, not as heavy as the green scratchy sand paper grade sweater though.....the 42 WP no longer fits as well due to either shrinkage or girthage.

P1010178[1].JPG

Its merino, so its a bit softer.

Id picture that wearing wool bibs, an appropriate thin insulating layer, the sweater over that and an appropriate shell, with any activity, say snowshoeing Id be stripping the shell to get some air and in all but the coldest weather Ill be fine. T-shirt, this sweater, shell - all that would be needed for skiing.

Ive finally got enough first class winter gear I just needs to get me some real outdoor winter time. My only weakness clothing wise would be hand coverings.

I tried on the large........too long for 5-8 midget man, little long in the sleeves.....could probably have made it work but medium - mo better for me.

Im a midget, 5-8, can actually do a pull up (could probably even get 20 if you guys would let me kip) and run more than 3 miles without needing a crash cart, about 185 pounds, chest bigger diameter than waist.

That said I went medium.

Only layer I intend under it will be a thermal or a t-shirt.

Its pretty heavy gauge wool, not as heavy as the green scratchy sand paper grade sweater though.....the 42 WP no longer fits as well due to either shrinkage or girthage.

View attachment 7518355

Its merino, so its a bit softer.

Id picture that wearing wool bibs, an appropriate thin insulating layer, the sweater over that and an appropriate shell, with any activity, say snowshoeing Id be stripping the shell to get some air and in all but the coldest weather Ill be fine. T-shirt, this sweater, shell - all that would be needed for skiing.

Ive finally got enough first class winter gear I just needs to get me some real outdoor winter time. My only weakness clothing wise would be hand coverings.

I tried on the large........too long for 5-8 midget man, little long in the sleeves.....could probably have made it work but medium - mo better for me.

Thanks! I think a medium will work!

Is this sweater acceptable to wear into starcucks while I get my peppermint soy latte? Just trying to coordinate for my morning trip.

Or use it as a teaching moment and show him there are more important things than being part of the crowd.

But hey, your kid...your call.
"Teaching moments" is the gayest fucking thing I have ever heard.

Is this sweater acceptable to wear into starcucks while I get my peppermint soy latte? Just trying to coordinate for my morning trip.

Depends.....

Take it out in the brutal winter cold and empower it with some testosterone from shooting, snowshoeing, skiing or otherwise doing shit that the barrista would consider unsavory due the "harsh conditions" you may get looked on as cro magnon man.

The kid selling this to me did say to wear it as long as possible between cleanings because it is dry clean only. He said I could spot clean it and if necessary maybe hand wash it or gently use some woolite............

Ive had my Filson bibs 5-6 years now and they have been doing all sort of winter shit and are yet to see a cleaning.

Wool....air it out and carry on.........sunshine is the best disinfectant.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Alright man, I don’t really want to be in a pissing match with anyone about their parenting, especially not when everything sucks as much dick as it does right now. Good on ya for getting a cool sweater, trying to meet their stupid mandate with your bandana, and coming up with the phrase, what was it, “fuck yourself on a tree of dicks”? That’s good shit. Mario looks like a hell of a guy. I’m glad he passed peacefully. I’m sure there were many days when he was sure that would not be his fate. Both my grandfathers were WW2 vets. One Army, Coast Guard. I’m glad they lived long enough for me to meet them and then went west before 2020.

I feel your tongue up my ass.......virtual hug?

Ill do it with my warm sweater on?

These WWII peeps were special. They might of should have kicked the shit out of their kids a little bit but I think their young years were so rough they just wanted to let their kids do their thing.

Definitely if you have a waxed handle-bar mustache and ride to the coffee shop on a penny-farthing.

Could laugh at this all day.....

a quality sweater would save him from abrasions.

JFC.......a warning at the front of the video so that our delicate emotions are not hurt!

Depends.....

Take it out in the brutal winter cold and empower it with some testosterone from shooting, snowshoeing, skiing or otherwise doing shit that the barrista would consider unsavory due the "harsh conditions" you may get looked on as cro magnon man.

The kid selling this to me did say to wear it as long as possible between cleanings because it is dry clean only. He said I could spot clean it and if necessary maybe hand wash it or gently use some woolite............

Ive had my Filson bibs 5-6 years now and they have been doing all sort of winter shit and are yet to see a cleaning.

I live in Satans crotch and we don’t get snow. Did my fair share of snowshoeing, skiing, some skijoring behind a sus-v in Alaska , does that count? I do have a manly beard and drive a diesel (baby diesel) so maybe that will irk the coffee makers some as well. As for guns, I had to stop shooting my 50 as of today since apparently I was doing it wrong by staying at 200 or less and it was the only gun I own.

Definitely if you have a waxed handle-bar mustache and ride to the coffee shop on a penny-farthing.
Just a real beard that may or may not be full of steak I ate for lunch.

Is this tusk still available?
It'z an Oosik. Duh........

A full beard is definitely hipster enough, as long as it is paired with a wool sweater (and preferably suspenders), for a Portland area Starbucks. You’re in.
sounds like you’ve got this style down already

First of all lets take a moment to remember my friend Mario D.

View attachment 7518333

He passed in his sleep at the age of 98 Monday. He would have been 99 in two weeks....

In his youth he went to Guadalcanal to fight for the right of a government to decide which businesses would operate and at what capacity, ensure your privacy was nill and to empower every person to get in your face and request you to comply with mandates totally unrelated to any science.

View attachment 7518336

They made men of better character back than and his passing is a loss to the country. Couldnt really hang out with him due the CV19 BS and I know he dearly missed the Marine Corps Birthday due the cancellation of the big event this year. Looks like no more "Oldest Marine in attendance" cake for him....last year was his last.....

View attachment 7518343

View attachment 7518341

and as far as my kids.......They live in the belly of the beast and they have stood up to the BS and shown great courage when the easy thing would have been to just agree. Im proud of their Americanism and the degree to which they resist the shit.

I cant take everything away from them because of shitty politics.

If they want to enjoy sports who am I to deny that?

You would have to be a total dick parent to remove everything from them.

Something tells me you have no problem with that.
You are a good man sir. Even if you do buy gay sweaters, let your kid buy Nikes and ride a 😱Harley!! 😂🤣

Reactions: pmclaine
Depends.....

"IF" you're going to use any Woolite, buy some and try it out on a blind patch (not on your sweater). My experience is that they changed the formula about 3 years ago and it now smells like shit. They couldn't have just left it alone, the way it always had been. The owner's retard son or nephew got a job as marketing manager and just had to "improve" things.......Disappointing as hell. I don't think you can even buy an unscented version of Woolite nowadays. Too bad, it used to be great stuff.

I live in Satans crotch and we don’t get snow. Did my fair share of snowshoeing, skiing, some skijoring behind a sus-v in Alaska , does that count? I do have a manly beard and drive a diesel (baby diesel) so maybe that will irk the coffee makers some as well. As for guns, I had to stop shooting my 50 as of today since apparently I was doing it wrong by staying at 200 or less and it was the only gun I own.

Back Country, Telemark, Randonnee skiing intrigue me.

The idea of putting on skins to climb, being able to downhill, having a boot suitable for some walking around in just seems totally practical.

My wife blew her knee out so that has kind of put a damper on the ski trips for the short term. Kids wiped her out actually getting off the lift and opened an old injury.

Ive been thinking of trying it out at my local ski place by renting gear.

Kind of soured on that when I rented a snow board to try that out and found falling on my ass sucked so I went back to downhill fast.

Telemarking though....that might be an easier transition than the board.

Would like to enjoy this little place in the middle of the local ski mountain after "skinning" up hill to it.

1609646064849.png

They serve a fine coffee....and the kids like the cider donuts.

1609646156979.png

A full beard is definitely hipster enough, as long as it is paired with a wool sweater (and preferably suspenders), for a Portland area Starbucks. You’re in.

You got to have skinny jeans though.....

You are a good man sir. Even if you do buy gay sweaters, let your kid buy Nikes and ride a 😱Harley!! 😂🤣

No way man this is Jack London sweater material. I can live with wolves wearing this bad boy.

Kid ended up buying something at the Addidas store....fucking addidas built parts for the Panzerfaust in WWII to smoke Sherman Tanks with GIs inside.......looks like we are screwed no matter what shoe company we use unless its Alden.

My Harleys are circa 1974 and 1996 no gay shit there.....manly ass carburetors, points or a solid state ignition and brakes that have no computer input.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
Back Country, Telemark, Randonnee skiing intrigue me.

The idea of putting on skins to climb, being able to downhill, having a boot suitable for some walking around in just seems totally practical.

My wife blew her knee out so that has kind of put a damper on the ski trips for the short term. Kids wiped her out actually getting off the lift and opened an old injury.

Ive been thinking of trying it out at my local ski place by renting gear.

Kind of soured on that when I rented a snow board to try that out and found falling on my ass sucked so I went back to downhill fast.

Telemarking though....that might be an easier transition than the board.

Would like to enjoy this little place in the middle of the local ski mountain after "skinning" up hill to it.

View attachment 7518436

They serve a fine coffee....and the kids like the cider donuts.

View attachment 7518437
Absolutely stunning. I will see good snow like that again before I leave this world. As for snowboarding, I’ll pass. I had one in Alaska and that experience is marked on the times in my life where I truly thought I had really screwed the pooch.

• Haha
"IF" you're going to use any Woolite, buy some and try it out on a blind patch (not on your sweater). My experience is that they changed the formula about 3 years ago and it now smells like shit. They couldn't have just left it alone, the way it always had been. The owner's retard son or nephew got a job as marketing manager and just had to "improve" things.......Disappointing as hell. I don't think you can even buy an unscented version of Woolite nowadays. Too bad, it used to be great stuff.

Used to love the dry cleaning in Africa....I think they used kerosene.

When your shit came back you had to hang it to air out or risk bursting into flame if you got close to a source of flame.

AT is the way if you have downhill experience. The uphill elegance of telemark gear with the familiarity of regular old downhill stuff. I’ve skied for 40 years...snowboarded twice and telemarked for a couple seasons. Telemarking isn’t “hard” to learn but all my ski-mountaineering (colorado, ak, or, wa) has been on AT (randonee) gear because the come down is so much better.

That looks the most "versatile". I actually love being on the flats and "skating" with typical downhill gear. Kids are good at it and moving without depending on gravity is a fun skill. Good exercise too.

Friend has land out west of me that would be great for AT. Would require more flat work and "skinning" for the most part but getting back to his house would be pretty much downhill.

We do some shooting out there as he and I share the cost of steel and set it up on his land. Would be a great time to pack rifles and shoot steel after skiing around.

He cross countrys out there but the cross country shit just strikes me as a bit effeminate, the sneaker looking shoes, the skinny boards.......stop skiing your feet must fucking freeze.......give me boots and big skis.

Ah, I see you prefer your kids get their education/morals from others instead of being a proper dad to them.

Nah.

I sense his issue is that everything these days is summed up in a catch phrase.

I notice that when I go to parent teacher conferences I speak with people that have been "trained" to use particular catch phrases.....

"the new paradigm"

"teachable moments"

"thinking outside the box"

Its like they have all been "programmed" to follow "talking points" and the bullshit of what they are saying will not be called because of the "wall" of "group thought" they put in front of you.

I think his being a Dad is just fine because his "Bull Shit Meter" is set to kill.

You really showed them. Way to be an asshole to people just trying to do their job. As if they make the rules at their. PRIVATELY OWNED BUSINESS.
Have been in several stores that had signage but didn't say shit.
Required by the King/Governor.
Seems the courts didn't agree with private business choices if it's a cake.

R

Dude if the Kaepernick store was selling tourniquets and the green line had just run across both my legs I would drag my self on but if my kid wants to spend his money there so that he feels he fits in with his peers than sound politics needs to take a hiatus.
At least the green line hasn’t derailed recently. Or has it?

No way man this is Jack London sweater material. I can live with wolves wearing this bad boy.

Kid ended up buying something at the Addidas store....fucking addidas built parts for the Panzerfaust in WWII to smoke Sherman Tanks with GIs inside.......looks like we are screwed no matter what shoe company we use unless its Alden.

My Harleys are circa 1974 and 1996 no gay shit there.....manly ass carburetors, points or a solid state ignition and brakes that have no computer input.
Uhhhh.... what’s this carb, points and manual brakes stuff you’re talking about? 🤷‍♂️
1AF5AF72-DA75-40B8-96BC-B8BC688E9E9A.jpeg

About halfway up Mt. Rainier a few years ago. Skinning in AT gear. Warm and comfy for the skin and View attachment 7518465after the switch to crampons and felt just like any normal downhill setup for the descent.

You are not wearing a mask?

We so got off on the wrong ski.

I just swiped right for you.

Those Harleys look like the rest that I've seen minus the oil spots under them. 2 months of wrenching for a day of riding. Well not a whole day

If you want wool check out Johnson. Filson is more for the guys that want to impress sort of like a glitter chigger.😁
Happy New Year