• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No CCI 22 ammo being made, for the near future at least

c1steve

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2010
WA
I asked Champions Choice about backordering CCI 22LR ammo. This is their reply:
"We are not taking back orders on CCI Ammo. CCI told us that they are not making any .22 LR ammo, only 9mm, .45 cal for government."
I thought this most interesting. Looks like the ammo shortage will go on a while longer than hoped for.

-Steve

Straight off CCI's website...

Q: Are certain contracts taking ammunition away from civilians?
A: No. We remain committed to serving all channels of our business. The majority of our product serves the commercial market.

CCI Ammunition - FAQs

That sounds reasonable, the statement from Champion did seem odd.

Last edited:
There seems to be no shortage of gullible in this country. If we learn to think for ourselves then this kind of misinformation will quit having any effect. I want everyone to think real hard about this statement: "We are not taking back orders on CCI Ammo. CCI told us that they are not making any .22 LR ammo, only 9mm, .45 cal for government" Now ask yourself if CCI is in the business of making money. Now ask yourself how and in what way the production of 9mm and .45, for the military, could effect the production of rimfire. Now go watch the video that has been posted in several threads all over the Hide on the process of making 22 rimfire. Do you feel better now, knowing how to separate bullshit from truth without posting it on the internet. What I want to hear is how you told the guy he was full of shit, and came back here and told us Champions Choice was trying to milk the bull. I am a genuine tinfoil hat wearer (at least that is what people think), and I can smell bullshit on this. I would really like some proof that anyone at Champions Choice made this statement, I would take them off my list of people I do business with.

Yeah I don't buy that not making .22 crap, I very much doubt CCI's rimfire assembly line could even be used to produce non-rimfire cartridges. Raw material or labor shortage... unlikely.

The reason they aren't backordering CCI is because they aren't ordering it at all, because they can sell all the high end RWS,Eley,Lapua, etc, they can get their hands on. Anyone can make wild speculative statements, in this case I bet mine is closer to true.

The reason they aren't backordering CCI is because they aren't ordering it at all, because they can sell all the high end RWS,Eley,Lapua, etc, they can get their hands on. Anyone can make wild speculative statements, in this case I bet mine is closer to true.

To that point I just received notification that my case of SK Std Plus that I ordered on the 4th of April is shipping today and I did already receive the two bricks of Wolf I ordered for friends. Looking at CC's website I doubt they have ever been a big seller of CCI as they only have two types listed. I do know they have been able to get their hands on just about any type of Lapua rimfire, and are taking backorders, whereas several other players (Champions Shooter Supply) haven't been able to since Dec.

In the CCI rimfire manufactureing video it says 4 million rounds a day. Man what fun I could have with just one days production. But I do hope to see the days again when you can walk in and pick what you want from the shelves. Standing in front of the store in the morning while they unload the truck and stock the shelves just to find they got no .22lr in that day is getting old.

I call BS. You don't just switch a plant over from rimfire to centerfire. Their rimfire plants are still cranking it out.

Sure wish they would get more out on the shelves, haven't seen any CCI mini mags in 3-4 months and that's the only 22lr that my wife's SR22 pistol will shoot without failure to feed or failure to fire.

No manufacture would stop production right now. I've been hearing that they are so far behind that they can't meet the demand.

They havent stopped. I am currently living 30 minutes from one of their plants. Heres another "I know a guy" but I legitimately know one of their chemical engineers, hes an alumni to my house and he is a decent friend. They are making .22 and shipping it as fast as they can, they are just back logged for months

What about reassigning staff and therefore not running 22lr machines?

Doubt it. Not sure if they make RF and CF in the Idaho plant.

This is a highly automatic procedure, not like they're using Dillon 550's. They know how many rounds per hour they can produce, only so many hours in a week.

Doubt it. Not sure if they make RF and CF in the Idaho plant.

This is a highly automatic procedure, not like they're using Dillon 550's. They know how many rounds per hour they can produce, only so many hours in a week.

Last I heard Lewiston is CCI and Federals main and biggest rimfire producing plant, producing roughly 4,000,000 rounds per day.

Hey Armorpl8chikn, ... some feller offered me a 535 BMW for a 50/ct of Rem Thunderbolts! You believe that?

A guy offered to bebuild the top end in that Ranger this week for 2 bricks of 745 Federal......you believe that? I didn't want to break a case so I told him to stick it.

Gotta get me a shower....I am greasy as a soap maker's ass....but I am down to the block deck. Fun times.

I still pick it up at Wal-Mart and a couple other places from time. Mini mags mostly. It's out there, just gets snapped up very quickly or gets gouged horribly.

Ive heard that rimfire ammo is very costly to manufactuure exspecially 22. They dont make much profit so its not high priority for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Seems like only yesterday that the lgs had FIVE PALLETS OF CCI Blazer on the floor. 48 cases to the pallet. Actually it was about 5 years ago and the price was $129 per case, NO LIMIT. Saw this crap commin' so I bought 40 cases. Every once in a while I go into the garage and just look at it............smile. Kinda gives you that warm and tingly.

Seems like only yesterday that the lgs had FIVE PALLETS OF CCI Blazer on the floor. 48 cases to the pallet. Actually it was about 5 years ago and the price was $129 per case, NO LIMIT. Saw this crap commin' so I bought 40 cases. Every once in a while I go into the garage and just look at it............smile. Kinda gives you that warm and tingly.

And ENVY rears it's ugly head... This Kid is jealous.

You spent 5k on .22 ammo 5 years ago and it's still sitting in the garage.

They had it on the floor for MONTHS so don't sing that SHORTAGE song.

You spent 5k on .22 ammo 5 years ago and it's still sitting in the garage.

Nah, shot some... sold some... gave some away, still got lots though. My buddies will never be out of ammo, leastwise not while I am around. Actually it was one of my better investments....... wish I cold do as well in the market.

Last edited:

You should fill a kiddie pool with 22LR and swim in it like Scrooge McDuck, and post pictures here.

Then ALL the internet haters will come out of the woodwork...

You should fill a kiddie pool with 22LR and swim in it like Scrooge McDuck, and post pictures here.

Not particularly interested in looking at a grown man in a kiddie pool but THIS would be funny! Hindsight's always clearer... I'd a done a couple things different five years ago.

Now THAT'S a hell of an idea. Maybe I could whistle up a couple of the playmates and see if they are up for a scantily clad photo op. WAY better than seeing a 66 year old antique fresh from an open heart surgery..............grin. Boiler, I LIKE the way you think.

Given the Hazmat charges and load restrictions I'm seeing in the trucking industry.,,, I bet its hell to ship 4M rounds a day..

Loaded ammo is only tagged ORM-D. Not hazmat like powder or primers.

That is bullshit reply, CCI has it's own dedicated 22lr plant in Lewiston ID, that's all they make there at the rate of 4 million rounds a day. They are not gonna shut it down to make center fire ammo elsewhere.
Cheers.

It's out there. I'm in Western Pa at the moment and stopped into one of the local places and they have over 40k rounds of CCI Standard velocity as well as several thousand rounds of Federal bulk pack and Winchester. Mostly slated for online auction. They did have bricks of CCI for $48.95 though. Overall by my rough estimation the store had well over 2 million rounds of centerfire ammo setting in the one half of the store strictly for online auction items. I don't know how much was setting in the tractor trailer beside the store. I give the shop owner credit he learned his history lesson from the early'90's and inked some high volume contracts with Federal prior to the '08 elections. I doubt he was the only one either.

Midwayusa (gasp!) has had CCI standard velocity and green tag in stock a few times in the past few weeks. Picked up a few thousand rounds at normal pricing. Obviously had shipping charges attached but they weren't that bad to my corner of TN.

I just bought 4 bricks of CCI Match Pistol off of gunbroker @ less than $10 a box. It used to be around $7, but given the availability of ammo right now, I am happy with it.

I was in Victoria, TX the other day at Academy. They had bricks and bricks and bricks of CCI including Green Tag and some of the lower cost stuff. I was pretty amazed because I see no rimfire in any of the San Antonio Academys.