• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors NOMAD LT vs TBAC 9

NOLASAILOR54

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2020
Hey fellas,

Debating whether to jump in the hype train and order one of the new Nomad LTs from SilencerShop or go with something I’ve seen recommended here a great deal: TBAC 9 or 7.

Host would be TIKKA T3X TAC A1 in 6.5.

Does anyone have an opinion? This would be my first suppressor.

Thanks!

I bought a Nomad-LT the day they dropped (12/4/2020). Can't wait for my stamps to come back.

If you look online from honest folks, they will tell you that the Nomad-L (stainless version of the LT) is one of the quietest suppressors on the market. It's not hype. The LT is the same numbers, but made of titanium, so it's SUPER lightweight. Plus, right now, SS has the Nomad-LT with a $100 off coupon. Which makes it about $500 cheaper than a TBAC... So, why not? Plus, all the 1.375x24 mounting options with the Nomad series cans, and TBAC is a proprietary thread and you can ONLY use their mounts... That's the only thing that's stopped me from buying a TBAC can. I would buy a direct-thread version, but you can't find them anywhere. 😐

I would recommend the Nomad-LT. My Sandman-S is surprisingly quiet for a 6.8" can The Nomad-L and LT are going to be ridiculously quiet.

Also, the Silencer Shop route is THE simplest way to do it. The digital fingerprints and DocuSign system is the easiest thing ever. And once you do that through Silencer Shop, your info is saved in their system, so from them on, you just buy like you would from Amazon, and when you get the email prompt, sign your DocuSign, and then wait on your can. That simple. 👍🏼

And if you pick a local dealer that has a range, and is a "Powered By" (Silencer Shop) dealer, then you can have the can transferred there, and you can go to the range and shoot it while you're there, and then turn it back in before you leave, so you get to at least shoot through it while waiting on your stamp to come back.

Reactions: NOLASAILOR54
You bring up some very good points. I’ve never handled one before but I hear really great things. I also need to pick up a Wolfman for my PCCs. Might as well make use of the coupon.

Looks like I’ll be making a call tomorrow.

Thanks!

did you go black or naked?

I bought a Nomad-LT the day they dropped (12/4/2020). Can't wait for my stamps to come back.

If you look online from honest folks, they will tell you that the Nomad-L (stainless version of the LT) is one of the quietest suppressors on the market. It's not hype. The LT is the same numbers, but made of titanium, so it's SUPER lightweight. Plus, right now, SS has the Nomad-LT with a $100 off coupon. Which makes it about $500 cheaper than a TBAC... So, why not? Plus, all the 1.375x24 mounting options with the Nomad series cans, and TBAC is a proprietary thread and you can ONLY use their mounts... That's the only thing that's stopped me from buying a TBAC can. I would buy a direct-thread version, but you can't find them anywhere. 😐

I would recommend the Nomad-LT. My Sandman-S is surprisingly quiet for a 6.8" can The Nomad-L and LT are going to be ridiculously quiet.

Also, the Silencer Shop route is THE simplest way to do it. The digital fingerprints and DocuSign system is the easiest thing ever. And once you do that through Silencer Shop, your info is saved in their system, so from them on, you just buy like you would from Amazon, and when you get the email prompt, sign your DocuSign, and then wait on your can. That simple. 👍🏼

And if you pick a local dealer that has a range, and is a "Powered By" (Silencer Shop) dealer, then you can have the can transferred there, and you can go to the range and shoot it while you're there, and then turn it back in before you leave, so you get to at least shoot through it while waiting on your stamp to come back.
Please see comment below!

You bring up some very good points. I’ve never handled one before but I hear really great things. I also need to pick up a Wolfman for my PCCs. Might as well make use of the coupon.

Looks like I’ll be making a call tomorrow.

Thanks!

did you go black or naked?
I wanted black, but unfortunately I couldn't order until I got home from work, and by that time, they only had naked left... BUT, I was told that I could always send it back to DA and have it cerakoted black for like $25, so I might end up doing that if I don't like the finish, or if I find it too reflective for hunting. Or, I could just buy a cover for it... But it would be cheaper to have them cerakote it black, than a $100 cover. I'll probably end up ordering another one in black later on this year, so I'll have a matching set, since they're kind of limited editions, being that they are exclusive only to Silencer Shop.

I also got screwed on my Rugged Obsidian 45... Once again, wanted black... All they had in stock was FDE. I don't even own an FDE pistol. I hope it doesn't look stupid on there. They also will refinish for like $20-30, so might end up going that route as well, unless Dead Air releases a Wolfman 45 later this year, and then I'll go that route in black, and I'll just keep my Rugged Obsidian in FDE and buy a Glock 19x or something in the future so it looks all tacti-cool and matches.

I didn't know that Dead Air was going to be releasing some over-run mil-contract FDE finish Sandman-S cans a few weeks ago, right after I bought my Sandman-S. So when those come back in stock, I will be ordering one of them for my .300 BLK that has FDE stock, grip, and mags for it. It would look pretty good on the end.

As you can see, buying suppressors quickly becomes a sickness. 🤣

I wanted black, but unfortunately I couldn't order until I got home from work, and by that time, they only had naked left... BUT, I was told that I could always send it back to DA and have it cerakoted black for like $25, so I might end up doing that if I don't like the finish, or if I find it too reflective for hunting. Or, I could just buy a cover for it... But it would be cheaper to have them cerakote it black, than a $100 cover. I'll probably end up ordering another one in black later on this year, so I'll have a matching set, since they're kind of limited editions, being that they are exclusive only to Silencer Shop.

I also got screwed on my Rugged Obsidian 45... Once again, wanted black... All they had in stock was FDE. I don't even own an FDE pistol. I hope it doesn't look stupid on there. They also will refinish for like $20-30, so might end up going that route as well, unless Dead Air releases a Wolfman 45 later this year, and then I'll go that route in black, and I'll just keep my Rugged Obsidian in FDE and buy a Glock 19x or something in the future so it looks all tacti-cool and matches.

I didn't know that Dead Air was going to be releasing some over-run mil-contract FDE finish Sandman-S cans a few weeks ago, right after I bought my Sandman-S. So when those come back in stock, I will be ordering one of them for my .300 BLK that has FDE stock, grip, and mags for it. It would look pretty good on the end.

As you can see, buying suppressors quickly becomes a sickness. 🤣
And here I thought my Combloc addiction was expensive!

I think I’ve paid my dues enough for the past few years to level up to this level.

next I gotta look for a mat...

Reactions: FuhQ
I went with DA Nomad LT naked as that is what was available and I’ll be throwing a suppressor wrap on it anyway...
Haven’t shot it as of yet but amazingly lightweight. Should pair nicely with my bolt rifles.

I have had an ultra 9 for about 5 years now and just put in for a 7. I use it for both range shooting out to 1200 yrds and hunting. It was my first can and I am by no means an expert but the toughness and repeatability have been outstanding. Below is a post from a few years back. That 30-06 is now a 280AI and combined with the ultra 9 had put a lot of food on my table. This can has been bounced off the ground (no cover while hunting), scraped across barbed wire and still looks and shoots as good as the day i bought it.

I run a TBAC Ultra 9 on my 30-06 hunting rifle. After Hunting season, I parked the 30-06 and ran over 1000 rounds of .308 and .223 through the Ultra 9 over the next year.

When Hunting season came around again almost a year later, I dusted off the 30-06, spun on the Ultra 9 and the POI was EXACTLY where I had left it. And I mean exactly. This exceeded my expectations.....