• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes noob questions about Base, Rings, Scope

deltafivefourfour

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2009
rifle is Remington 700 SPS .308 Tactical

Scope is Tasco SuperSniper 10X42

I'm looking at Ken Farrell rings and base but don't exactly know what models i should purchase for my particular gun. Also, can anyone here talk me into something less expensive with equal quality? Help a noob out
grin.gif

Re: noob questions about Base, Rings, Scope

I'm a noob also, but I was directed to these rings by members and couldn't be happier:

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/

I spoke to them about the correct rings for my scope and they helped me out. The price was also right. I would highly recommend them and they are Hide members.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arjuna70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a noob also, but I was directed to these rings by members and couldn't be happier:

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/

I spoke to them about the correct rings for my scope and they helped me out. The price was also right. I would highly recommend them and they are Hide members. </div></div>

He is looking for something more in the price range of the Kens. (know him personally, referred him here)

smile.gif

Reactions: awolf472

EGW base with Burris XTR rings seem to get good reviews for being cheaper alternatives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EGW base with Burris XTR rings seem to get good reviews for being cheaper alternatives. </div></div>

any clue the specific setup he would need? 20moa base on the short action with proper rings?

He would want either the 15moa or 20 moa, either would be fine and the XTR low rings. I have that setup with a bushnell 10x40 and its a very good fit. The setup has worked great for the money too.

Short action. Pretty much everything 308 and smaller is short while 30-06 and bigger is long. Watch, some one else is going to come in here and show how I'm an idiot.

Is anybody familiar with the a.r.m.s. number18 mount for the M-14/M-21.If so can you explain what the round gizmo with the split retaining ring towards the front of the mount is for?I'm looking for a mount for my M1A NM and I don't want junk.The feedback I've gotten about the factory mount hasn't been too good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Venham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anybody familiar with the a.r.m.s. number18 mount for the M-14/M-21.If so can you explain what the round gizmo with the split retaining ring towards the front of the mount is for?I'm looking for a mount for my M1A NM and I don't want junk.The feedback I've gotten about the factory mount hasn't been too good. </div></div>

You probably want to start a new thread as to not hijack on the original posters thread as he is looking for different information than you, but...

On my M1A I heard of people mounting I think Larue scope mounts backwards for scopes

anyone have any recomendations for good rings for an ar-15 with a Nikon 4-16x42 ? what about an ar-10 with a leupold 3-9x40?

Sorry I did not clarify, I know you say the seekins or the Burris XTR but they come in differant heights, what height do you think would be good? anyone with an AR care to comment on what height works well for them? or what they would recomend?

on most of my ar's I use the x high rings to clear the float tube. I have been looking at seekins for awhile and I think I am going to order some of his rings for my 700 tactical also. I will probably go with the medium height because I only have a 40 mm objective for that rifle.