• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Norma Golden Target Match 6.5CM 143gr

Runs 1/4-1/3MOA in my Larue tOBR. 150-200 rounds and no hiccups.
A little update. This did not perform nearly as well as I had hoped out to distance. Used a bulletseeker for the data.

String 1: ES = 45.7 fps; SD = 17.4 fps
  1. 2558.6 fps
  2. 2567.7 fps
  3. 2552.0 fps
  4. 2562.1 fps
  5. 2535.8 fps
String 2: ES = 76.5 fps; SD = 29.6 fps
  1. 2614.4 fps
  2. 2598.7 fps
  3. 2596.0 fps
  4. 2551.2 fps
  5. 2537.9 fps
String 3: ES = 74.6; SD = 26.6 fps
  1. 2575.0 fps
  2. 2514.2xfps
  3. 2580.1 fps
  4. 2588.9 fps
  5. 2574.3 fps
String 4: ES = 41.1 fps; SD = 13.2 fps
  1. 2591.0 fps
  2. 2584.9 fps
  3. 2587.3 fps
  4. 2605.1 fps
  5. 2564.0 fps
String 5: ES = 41.1 fps; SD = 13.9 fps
  1. 2582.4 fps
  2. 2557.7 fps
  3. 2592.3 fps
  4. 2566.1 fps
  5. 2551.4 fps
  6. 2551.2 fps
  7. 2569.5 fps
  8. 2557.0 fps

Reactions: rlsmith1
I've seen this ammo now as low as $23/box before taxes and shipping. Will stock up now!!

Shot 50 rds thru it the other day. 0.3moa Tikka t3x tac a1 relatively stock. I'm going to remove the bullets and re powder them for charge consistency. Might even throw h4350 into several. Bullets and cases are nice, so I'm thinking some QC on the powder might make it better.

Reactions: gebhardt02
I've seen this ammo now as low as $23/box before taxes and shipping. Will stock up now!!
Just picked up a case for $230 shipped. $21 and change a box, no taxes, and $18 shipping

I still wish I could find the 143 bullet for sale. I would load that in a heartbeat

Reactions: AK74U
This is all over the place for $21 a box. I need some ammo to shoot PRS early this season before I can get reloading setup put together. Any reason not to order this?

This is all over the place for $21 a box. I need some ammo to shoot PRS early this season before I can get reloading setup put together. Any reason not to order this?
It didnt shoot too well for me. Rifle was a 6.5CM Bergara Premier action, 24in barrel, on an XLR chassis. Might've been shooter error, but i tried about 40 rounds of it and decided not to go back to it. However, others have reported favorable results.

Reactions: BurtG
It didnt shoot too well for me. Rifle was a 6.5CM Bergara Premier action, 24in barrel, on an XLR chassis. Might've been shooter error, but i tried about 40 rounds of it and decided not to go back to it. However, others have reported favorable results.
I bet it's fairly lot spefic. I had 2 lots and one had a .2 grain variation, the other had .5..... I have to assume that could significantly impact dope at 600+yds. I'm not good enough myself to know that, but making an assumption.

I think if you have a reloading setup but no primers (points to self) then this round is worth tinkering with to standardize at a minimum.

Aside from my previously mentioned issues resulting in blown primers, the stuff shoots incredibly well for me. Heck, even with the primer issue, I still took third in that match. It might not agree with the chamber in my Desert Tech, but it's shooting well out of my Seekins SP10. It obviously won't replace my handloads, but it's good enough for those times I'm either too busy or too lazy to get to the reloading bench, especially when I'm picking it up for $22 a box, shipped

A little more data:

Shot 10 over the MagnetoSpeed this afternoon out of my Seekins SP10. It wasn't as fast as I had hoped, but the rounds over the chrono were rounds 40 to 50 down the barrel, so hopefully it picks up a little more speed. Average velocity was 2618 fps out of a 22" barrel with a TBAC Ultra 7 suppressor. ES was 33 from 2596 to 2629. SD was in the 15s.

In my TRG it ran about 18fps SD and out of a PVA it was sub 10fps.

Berger factory 130s clock in at 2930 or so.

I have used Sparks 6.5 CM loaded with 140 ELDM hit 2830 consistently with no overpressure at all.

26"barrel in an AXMC or AT...same results

Factory Hornady 140's out of my 24" benchmark barrel are about 2830 fps as well.

Reactions: Nik H
What did you start at? did you true it up based on waterlines? Out to what distance?
The MV is from Labradar. SD of 23 and a DA of 3500. Wind 5-8 with gust to 12. Numbers lined up well. 1 moa plates to 600 then things seem to fall apart a little. All over a 2 moa plate at 900. Not the best day and I have not had a chance to get out with ammo again.

1. is Match / Match Grade the same as their Golden Target Match. FPS is showing the same at 2723 but different boxes.
2. is anyone shooting this over Hornady ELD-M if they were the same price?

Forgive my ignorance, but who makes this 143gr projectile? Or rather, which is it specifically when trying to find it in the Kestrel AB library?

Forgive my ignorance, but who makes this 143gr projectile? Or rather, which is it specifically when trying to find it in the Kestrel AB library?
It's the Norma 143 Golden Target. I've been looking for the bullet to reload with it, but I can't find any stateside dealers yet that carry it. It appears to be a relatively new bullet, maybe released a year or so ago

Reactions: HD1911
1. is Match / Match Grade the same as their Golden Target Match. FPS is showing the same at 2723 but different boxes.
2. is anyone shooting this over Hornady ELD-M if they were the same price?
Just my opinion, but for loaded ammo, I don't think you'll find a better bang for the buck (no pun intended), as long as they shoot well for you. I'm finding these for about $21 to $22 shipped. I can't find Hornady loaded ammo for that low. If we're talking about the projectile themselves, I would absolutely load these if the price was right, and I've shot thousands of Hornady bullets, but as I mentioned earlier, I can't find the 143 Golden Target bullets. I see them being sold overseas, but nothing stateside

Just my opinion, but for loaded ammo, I don't think you'll find a better bang for the buck (no pun intended), as long as they shoot well for you. I'm finding these for about $21 to $22 shipped. I can't find Hornady loaded ammo for that low. If we're talking about the projectile themselves, I would absolutely load these if the price was right, and I've shot thousands of Hornady bullets, but as I mentioned earlier, I can't find the 143 Golden Target bullets. I see them being sold overseas, but nothing stateside
Thats why I am hoping to find the correct BC. Going to shoot a few PRS 2 days with this ammo before I can get my reloading bench set back up.

Bonus is the brass seems to sell on here for .50-.60 cpr, so the cost to shoot this is like .50 a round or $10 a box. Same price as steel cased .308 before the plandemic.

These were shot at an indoor range. Avg velocity was 2730 (if my memory is correct, but it was with a few FPS of the box) and SD was 10. Pretty good for factory ammo, and I am just an average shooter. Wish I had bought more ammo, as it seems to be out everywhere now.

Attachments

• IMG-3690.JPG
    IMG-3690.JPG
    507.3 KB · Views: 119
These were shot at an indoor range. Avg velocity was 2730 (if my memory is correct, but it was with a few FPS of the box) and SD was 10. Pretty good for factory ammo, and I am just an average shooter. Wish I had bought more ammo, as it seems to be out everywhere now.

Just got a few cases delivered from then today. Gtg

YouTubers have gotten mediocre results with Norma in 6.5 Creedmoor compared to Hornady. I’m fairly certain X-ring was one of them back when his AI was 6.5 Creedmoor. Those are Aguila prices though so it’s still a smoking deal.

Factory Norma 143g GT in both CM and PRC shoots excellent for me across majority of my rifles. It’s a tad slow but that’s a non-issue. Every time I push velocity my accuracy and SDs suffer. Rather be slower and consistent.

Have a pile of Norma 6CM ammo too but haven’t shot that yet. If it’s cleaner burning than Hornady Black and just as accurate, I’ll be a happy camper.

Factory Norma 143g GT in both CM and PRC shoots excellent for me across majority of my rifles. It’s a tad slow but that’s a non-issue. Every time I push velocity my accuracy and SDs suffer. Rather be slower and consistent.

Have a pile of Norma 6CM ammo too but haven’t shot that yet. If it’s cleaner burning than Hornady Black and just as accurate, I’ll be a happy camper.
Have you come up with a trued BC for the 143?

Thanks!

Grabbed a couple of boxes of this to put through my 26” AXSA….going to try it tomorrow.

Hopefully it shoots better than my last lot of hornady match…. I went from having a lot that cut damn near the same hole…to a batch that is slightly less than 1 moa.
Let is know how it goes

Well, I couldn’t have picked a crappier day for load testing. Wind blowing 10-12, gusts to 20 , completely variable in direction. 35 degrees, felt like 28 with windchill.

That being said, the Norma shot better than the last batch of hornady match 140 I got.

The Norma on the left, and hornady on the right.

Can’t wait for a calmer day to really see how it can do. But I’ll take a .75 group on a shitty weather day, for ammo slightly over a buck a round. Especially when the hornady match printed over 1.5 moa.

Attachments

• E3522D9A-0B6B-4CB0-BDD6-2A1307E5A81C.jpeg
    E3522D9A-0B6B-4CB0-BDD6-2A1307E5A81C.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 41
  • A18961C3-144A-4ED8-AADC-1DCE56DC97D6.jpeg
    A18961C3-144A-4ED8-AADC-1DCE56DC97D6.jpeg
    568.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: AK74U and FNG1001
Well, I couldn’t have picked a crappier day for lord testing. Wind blowing 10-12, gusts to 20 , completely variable in direction. 35 degrees, felt like 28 with windchill.

That being said, the Norma shot better than the last batch of hornady match 140 I got.

The Norma on the left, and hornady on the right.

Can’t wait for a calmer day to really see how it can do. But I’ll take a .75 group on a shitty weather day, for ammo slightly over a buck a round. Especially when the hornady match printed over 1.5 moa.
Thanks for posting your results. It's interesting to see the Norma 143gr perform well and better than ELD-M for some. For me, it didn't do well at all. I might have to just try again.

I used these to sight in my Seekins SP-10. MOA wasn't great so I switched to 140 ELD-M and had sub-moa at 100 yds. I ran another 20 of the Norma through with more inconsistent results. I have 10 boxes left so I will give them a run again but I went through 3 boxes of the 140 ELD-M with great results.

I have put 2 boxes of this through my Seekins Havak HIT 6.5 PRC (only ammo I've shot). Zero'ing and getting dope for different distances out to 600y. Here was the last 3 I shot at 600y finishing up, I'm rusty, and was using a cheap rest that helped some... light winds maybe 3-5mph crosswind component, but not calm. Have not tried this ammo in my 6.5cm rifle, so not exactly what was originally being talked about... but I can't complain for the first factory ammo tried!
img_6399-jpg.8049912

HIT_6.5prc.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6399.jpg
    IMG_6399.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 551
Anyone by chance pulled one to get an OAL of the bullet itself yet? Norma can’t tell me for some reason.

Had to fire 3 rounds for a velocity check at the NRL Hunter match in Ga this afternoon, and it’s just 3 rounds, but the Norma loaded ammo showed off!
2F8128F7-0002-434F-9E08-CC16AE76253D.jpeg