• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Northern Utah PCPR June 25th Results UP

snaglytooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2009
Francis, UT
Park City Precision Rifle Match
Match will be Saturday June 25th
It will start at 8:00 AM
It is held minutes out side of Park City, Utah.
60 round max, most stages will be timed(just to keep things moving along.) I will have three paper stages, and the rest will be steel with ranges from 100 to 645 yards.

30Cal MAX for the safety of my steel.

The match is held on private property so ALL guests must sign a liability release.

Since target upkeep and upgrade never end! A $20 donation to the range gets you on the firing line for the match.

If you are planning to attend please post in the thread or PM me. We can only accomadate 25 shooters so it is first come first serve so post here to save your spot.

This has been a great bunch of guys to shoot with. If you are new to this type of shooting style, and would like to shoot, or just watch feel free to come hang out.

If you need driving directions PM me.

Shooter list
1. Utahstroke
2. Impulse Targets
3. Rocca
4. MilDotZ
5. Mustafa
6. Steeldinger
7. yotedog65284
8. Robert A.
9. FUDwacked
10.Coldboremiracle
11.Captain Moroni
12.Smokshwn
13.GSSP
15.BigBore
16.Dan W.
17.David
18.Kyle XLR
19.Cavemanmoore
20.James
22.Ron hatt
23.Patrick
24.Ben
25.desertratdad
26.Jeff H.
27.Me hopefully!
28.Austin S.

Re: Northern Utah PCPR June 25th

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MilDotZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snag,

You know I'm in...just hope the MUD is gone!!!

Z</div></div>
As of right now the road is dry and repaired from last months 4-wheel challenge!!
Zack, ill bring my west desert maps with me. maybe I can talk you into sharing some honey hole spots to start lookin for deer!!!

Count me in. Just getting over Pneumonia, so I've been out of the loop, hopefully I can get some trigger time this weekend before the match! See you all on the 25th.

I'm gonna try and make this one too, hope to see you all there. Am I gonna catch any flack if I use a .223 again?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm gonna try and make this one too, hope to see you all there. Am I gonna catch any flack if I use a .223 again?
grin.gif
</div></div>

Only if the bolt handle comes flying off!!! Glad you were able to get that fixed quickly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FUDwacked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Count me in. Just getting over Pneumonia, so I've been out of the loop, hopefully I can get some trigger time this weekend before the match! See you all on the 25th.</div></div>

Last time it was a broken arm and now this... I'm sure you will find your way right to the top of the pack no problem!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm gonna try and make this one too, hope to see you all there. Am I gonna catch any flack if I use a .223 again?
grin.gif
</div></div>

Only if the bolt handle comes flying off!!! Glad you were able to get that fixed quickly. </div></div>

The thanks go to Chubbles, hell of a guy
wink.gif

I might give my AR a try, but I'm not sure, I just love them all so much!![wiping tear from eye]

I should be there. My wife has to be in Ogden on Friday and I think we'll stay at her sisters in Toole. I'll probably have to hitch a ride again at the end of the pavement.

I just ordered some new brass we'll see if $130 brass shoots any better than $90 brass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: utahstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there is room, make a spot for your old man.</div></div>
Always room for you dad!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should be there. My wife has to be in Ogden on Friday and I think we'll stay at her sisters in Toole. I'll probably have to hitch a ride again at the end of the pavement.

I just ordered some new brass we'll see if $130 brass shoots any
better than $90 brass</div></div>

Hope to see you there. Give me a call and I'll drive down and pick you up.

If the weather looks like it is going to be nice I am going to pull the trailor over and camp friday night.If anyone eles would like to camp feel free.

Please put us down for two. Take it easy on us it will be our first one with you guys. Looking forward to finally making it up.

PM me a map. I'll be late because of other commitments but I want to meet you guys and just hang out.
grin.gif

WOW... lots of interest this month! We should have a full line with alot of new faces. I am posting a little map that should give you guys a good idea where to go. If anyone needs better directions let me know and I will help.
I am also going to start a list in the original post just so I can keep track of who is coming.
Thanks Eric.

MAP.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snag is that 25th place still open?</div></div>
Its all yours clint!

If for some reason you guys cant make it to the match please let me know so we can offer your spot to the next guy. I'm sure there will be a few on the waiting list.

FYI. We are building a new shooting platform this week that will allow for 900+yards!! So it should be an even playing field. There will be ZERO time for anyone to get a home field advantage.

Info for our new shooters.
The only restriction we have is the rifle can only have a total of 5 rounds max loaded in it a time. This only forces you to do a mag change or single feed the rest. The most you will ever shoot in 1 stage is 10 rounds.
Bring a bipod, 2 mags and a mat and you should be good to go.
All ranges will be given.

FYI - I'm looking to buy a nice Vortex PST 6-24 FFP if anyone knows of one for sale.
Just put a temporary scope and cheap rings on my new rifle to try and be ready for the 25th but I'd love to get the vortex asap.

DOH! Your last post reminded me I still need to get some mags for the rifle. I guess I'll be single loading on the 25th after my one 3shot mags runs out.

Eric- you will have shirts for sale at the match? I didnt get to shoot last month but I want to get a shirt this month if I can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI. We are building a new shooting platform this week that will allow for 900+yards!! So it should be an even playing field.
</div></div>
Am I to believe this is some sort of tower? to shoot from one at a time or is it something different?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI - I'm looking to buy a nice Vortex PST 6-24 FFP if anyone knows of one for sale.
Just put a temporary scope and cheap rings on my new rifle to try and be ready for the 25th but I'd love to get the vortex asap.

DOH! Your last post reminded me I still need to get some mags for the rifle. I guess I'll be single loading on the 25th after my one 3shot mags runs out.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Eric- you will have shirts for sale at the match? I didnt get to shoot last month but I want to get a shirt this month if I can.</div></div> </span>
Yes rodney I will have the remainder of the shirts there for sale. I only have a few of each size left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI. We are building a new shooting platform this week that will allow for 900+yards!! So it should be an even playing field.
</div></div>
Am I to believe this is some sort of tower? to shoot from one at a time or is it something different?

</div></div>
Its just a little tower nothing fancy! Dpreston posted a picture of the one he just built and it looked so neat I decided we needed one! Its 8X8X8 with 2 levels. We got the post set yesterday and hope to finish it Monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI. We are building a new shooting platform this week that will allow for 900+yards!! So it should be an even playing field.
</div></div>

</div></div>
Its just a little tower nothing fancy! Dpreston posted a picture of the one he just built and it looked so neat I decided we needed one! Its 8X8X8 with 2 levels. We got the post set yesterday and hope to finish it Monday. </div></div>

Sounds great, give me a holler if you need a hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI. We are building a new shooting platform this week that will allow for 900+yards!! So it should be an even playing field.
</div></div>

</div></div>
Its just a little tower nothing fancy! Dpreston posted a picture of the one he just built and it looked so neat I decided we needed one! Its 8X8X8 with 2 levels. We got the post set yesterday and hope to finish it Monday. </div></div>

Sounds great, give me a holler if you need a hand.</div></div>
Thanks buddy, but I think we are ok. You are more than welcome to come up if you want to though. We will be there at 5:30PM. tomarrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavemanmoore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The work might go a little smoother if you weren't using Fords to haul the materials. Just sayin...
wink.gif

Looking forward to meeting everyone,
-Chris</div></div>
Hahaha! No comment
cool.gif

Snag, No Comment?? Dissing our Fords, and from Colorado??
Hum... Saturday may be extra fun.
Shooter Make Ready-Standby!
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: utahstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snag, No Comment?? Dissing our Fords, and from Colorado??
Hum... Saturday may be extra fun.
Shooter Make Ready-Standby!
smirk.gif
</div></div>

You mean there is more than one of you who drive those things?! Huh, who knew!
wink.gif

Next you guys will be telling me you all use Timmney triggers too! (Just kidding, I know you Utah boys wouldn't do anything that dumb....)
wink.gif

-Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavemanmoore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next you guys will be telling me you all use Timmney triggers too! (Just kidding, I know you Utah boys wouldn't do anything that dumb....)
wink.gif

-Chris </div></div>

Well, ever since Rifle Basix started chrome plating their internals and screwing up a good trigger.
cry.gif
I got one of the last good ones.
cool.gif

Alan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3gunF1guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put me down for a spot. I'll be riding up with "smokshwn". So that makes 3. </div></div>

It looks like I will not be able to make the match. That just opened up a spot for some luckey shooter. Really sad that I wan't be able to make it.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3gunF1guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3gunF1guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put me down for a spot. I'll be riding up with "smokshwn". So that makes 3. </div></div>

It looks like I will not be able to make the match. That just opened up a spot for some luckey shooter. Really sad that I wan't be able to make it.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Thanks for the heads up. Hope to see you out in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSSP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavemanmoore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next you guys will be telling me you all use Timmney triggers too! (Just kidding, I know you Utah boys wouldn't do anything that dumb....)
wink.gif

-Chris </div></div>

Well, ever since Rifle Basix started chrome plating their internals and screwing up a good trigger.
cry.gif
I got one of the last good ones.
cool.gif

Alan </div></div>

Actually I run Timney's a lot of the time. I only said that because I knew that Utahstroke just bought one in the for sale section. Figured it couldn't hurt to start a little state to state rivalry early.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,
-Chris

Ye-Ol' Timney trigger is a gooder for my skil level, one notch sbove WTF. Ha. See ya all Sat! Any campers Fri night?

Snag,

You still planning on camping...I might come up and enjoy a little pre-shooting and maybe a few adult beverages after!

Z

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MilDotZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snag,

You still planning on camping...I might come up and enjoy a little pre-shooting and maybe a few adult beverages after!

Z </div></div>

Pre-shooting!?! Isn't there a penalty for such shenanigans?
wink.gif

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday,
-Chris

Cave,

Pre-shooting just refers to test firing 4 new .416 rifles and finding some dope on my new 6.5X47...and they will all be riding up in a Ford!

See Ya There,

Z

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MilDotZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cave,

Pre-shooting just refers to test firing 4 new .416 rifles and finding some dope on my new 6.5X47...and they will all be riding up in a Ford!

See Ya There,

Z </div></div>

You're killing me Z. But I will forgive you for a little .416 trigger time after the match
laugh.gif

First serious thing I have posted in this thread; How long is the barrel on you 6.5L?

Should be a lot of fun!

-Chris

There is livestock on the property so please keep the gate closed behind you.
If anyone has any problems give me a call at 435-640-8091 Eric.

See you in the AM.

What a perfect day. Good weather, good people, and some great shooting... well some of you anyway!!
Thank You all for a safe day and careful attention. Thanks to all the new guys that came out and supported us.
Congrats to Robert for whooping our asses once again!

BIG THANK YOU goes to Kyle from XLR industries and his posse for giving everyone a t-shirt. It was great to meet you guys, hope to see you back on the firing line soon.

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

I'm sitting in Tooele waiting for the "warden" to get back so I can go home.
As always a big thanks to Eric and Leo for a great Saturday but I think I have an allergy to the camera, whenever the camera came out all my shots went into the dirt.

Thanks Eric! Had a great time! Maybe next month I'll show up with a zero'd rifle... D'oh!