• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Nosler 55gr Varmageddon FB tipped 223

ebaas

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2018
I am in the process of slowly acquiring reloading equipment for my Windham Weaponry AR in 223. She is a legitimate 1/2'' shooter with Nosler 55gr Varmageddon flat based tipped bullet factory ammo, which is great but it's getting too pricey. I'm looking to mimic this set up but noticed on Nosler's website that this particular bullet has no cannelure. Upon inspection of my factory ammo, these all have a cannelure. Am I missing something or did they stop putting a cannelure on this particular bullet. Wondering if this will affect the crimp/no crimp that should be applied when reloading.

I have tried to call their customer service for the last 2 weeks with no answers/call backs.

Thanks for any info!

I have never had a Nosler bullet with a cannelure, put lots of Varmegeddon's through a Blackout and my go to in my 308 bolt is a Nosler Custom Comp with no cannelure

Bullet for my M5 also lacks a cannelure and it has never been an issue (Rifle has never seen a factory bullet either)

Personally I have never had an issue on any bullet without cannelure

Plus you might want to move this to the reloading forum.....

Last edited:
I have never had a Nosler bullet with a cannelure, put lots of Varmegeddon's through a Blackout and my go to in my 308 bolt is a Nosler Custom Comp with no cannelure

Bullet for my M5 also lacks a cannelure and it has never been an issue (Rifle has never seen a factory bullet either)

Personally I have never had an issue on any bullet without cannelure

Plus you might want to move this to the reloading forum.....

Thanks for the response. Interesting, I have several boxes of Varmageddon in 223 and they all have a cannelure.

Agreed I need to move this thread, now how the hell do I do that?