• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus Orders

Just received the final invoice for order #302X, 1X RH short action and 1X RH long action, plus a few bolt heads and 1x nut style and 1x shouldered barloc.

As soon as PVA gets my 223AI barrel done I'll have the short action up and running, probably won't build the long action until next year.

The 223AI is going to be in an AX AICS stock, CG Mod 22 trigger, Spuhr mount with 5-25 S&B. Barrel will be a 28" Bartlein 8-7.25 gain twist marksman contour. Going to set it up to be similar to my AI AX which has a 28" bartlein marksman in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hewhoovercomes
Order # 2888 placed on Jan. 27th for two .308 actions, recently received by FFL. Can't wait to pick it up. Then will get it assembled (hopefully not too long after that) and take it out to the range; gotta save up a little more money for that. F.Y.I.

Invoiced on Friday for a low 3000s order number; RH SA .308 bolt face.

What's the lead time on these, anyone know for sure? Looking at a RH Long action, haven't been keeping up with this thread since they started shipping.

Are long actions out in the wild yet?

Long actions are in the wild. Website is currently saying 6 weeks for all pre-orders to be done, 3 months for orders placed now, but I'd take it all with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Ledzep
Welp, went ahead and done it. Put in my order.

- Order 751*
- L/A RH magnum

Will see when it goes down. I'm in no hurry, estimated for March-April for my stock/barrel, etc..

Got invoiced on Friday for Order #301X! Of course it showed up when I finally stopped obsessively checking the email a few times a day.

RH SA for 308 & 224, plus Barloc.

Edit: And delayed...my card won't process for some reason. Address mismatch? Bank doesn't know why either. I feel like the finish line is finally in sight and my rear tire just blew out.

Last edited:
Welp, went ahead and done it. Put in my order.

- Order 751*
- L/A RH magnum

Will see when it goes down. I'm in no hurry, estimated for March-April for my stock/barrel, etc..

I don't think you'll regret it. I have a short action I am running and the long action in magnum like you ordered. Just gotta pull the Proof barrel off my Savage and screw it all together.

Question for those of you running a PVA shouldered prefit and barloc on the nucleus:
Are you running the factory nucleus barrel nut with 2 conical washers or are you running a conical barrel nut and 1 conical washer? Will either work or does it need to be one specific setup to work with the PVA shouldered prefits?

"Shouldered" prefit means 2 conical washers and that's it.

The ARC nut would fit on a standard savage prefit: Lug w/conical shape OR flat lug and conical ring -> barloc -> ARC nut

A Savage nut will not fit on most savage prefits with the shouldered barloc setup without modification.

The ARC nut would fit on a standard savage prefit: Lug w/conical shape OR flat lug and conical ring -> barloc -> ARC nut

A Savage nut will not fit on most savage prefits with the shouldered barloc setup without modification.

A Nucleus specific Barloc (shouldered or nut) comes with a Nucleus recoil lug with the conical integrated. A shouldered comes with a cone, a barrel nut has the cone integral. A regular shouldered Barloc comes with two conical rings.

Yes, it is appearing that the regular barloc is not working with Savage actions and prefits if you use a standard barrel nut. I can't speak for other actions.

I don't think that's what I'm asking: there are 2 ways to run a shouldered prefit on the nucleus (edit: 2 ways to run a shouldered prefit w/ barloc)
1) action->flat lug->conical washer->collar->conical washer-> s houldered barrel (cut for barloc)
2)action->lug w/ integrated cone->collar->conical washer->shouldered barrel (cut for barloc)

I'm trying to figure out which of these 2 methods fits the PVA Nucleus Shouldered Prefit

Last edited:
I don't think that's what I'm asking: there are 2 ways to run a shouldered prefit on the nucleus
1) action->flat lug->conical washer->collar->conical washer-> shouldered barrel
2)action->lug w/ integrated cone->collar->conical washer->shouldered barrel

I'm trying to figure out which of these 2 methods fits the PVA Nucleus Shouldered Prefit

Pretty sure the shouldered prefit screws right onto the action, the tenon is headspaced right to the shoulder.

@bohem

Pretty sure the shouldered prefit screws right onto the action, the tenon is headspaced right to the shoulder.

@bohem
Well of course I'm talking about shouldered prefits that have been cut for the barloc. It's not a complicated question - someone out has surely installed a PVA shouldered barrel onto the nuke w/ a barloc. I just want to know which method is correct for the PVA barrel w/o bothering Josh as he has enough to do with answering anymore of my stupid questions.

Last edited:
I believe PVA Shouldered Prefit will work with the the 2nd Barloc configuration that you listed

2)action->lug w/ integrated cone->collar->conical washer->shouldered barrel

The Barloc system just needs to have conical sections on both sides of the collar, but PVA made the shouldered prefits for the Nucleus to work with the integrated lug/conical section.

I ordered mine on 8/31, order # was , I believe 66XX. I am assuming the full 4 months based on the order #s I have seen being shipped. that's ok though, will be excited whenever it arrives!

Website says all pre-orders will be done within 6 weeks. Then they start on whenever they re-opened orders. I don't remember when that was.

The world could use more rifle pictures and less bitching about order numbers. I've had my action now for a couple months. I have about 300 rounds threw mine so far. Definitely a huge upgrade over my RPR. I have shot a couple club matches with it and took 4th in both of those, only being off the top by a few points. PVA spins up a hell of a barrel!

RH SA Nucleus .308bf
PVA 6mm Creedmoor 25" Medium Palma
Magpul Pro 700
ARC Mags
Sawtooth rail for 15" seekins handguard
Area 419 barricade stop chopped up to move further back towards magwell
Huber 2 Stage - 0 light primer strikes with factory and handloads

Love the chassis, only problem is upward pressure on the mags binds up the action. I am trying to help it with the 419 barricade block.

1539969420018-png.6958328

1539969396913-png.6958327

Love the chassis, only problem is upward pressure on the mags binds up the action. I am trying to help it with the 419 barricade block.
1539969396913-png.6958327
That's a common problem using AICS magazines in almost every chassis/DBM and action combo out there. It usually requires fiddling with the feed lips (trimming and/or bending) to eliminate the problem.

I can not bend the feed lips or file them down enough for this problem. I have tried bending them out. It would take probably close to 1/8th inch to come off the feed lips to get it low enough. The bottom two lugs on the Nucleus bolt hang out just a little too far for how this chassis positions the mags. There needs to be a mag stop with this particular setup to fix it right, I believe.

I am by no means trying to stir anything up and am pretty happy with it so far otherwise.

Taz, have you tried other mags? I’ve got 4 accurate mags for mine. One of those mags binds the bolt when pushed up. The others don’t.

There’s a lot of variables that play into this of course but if you haven’t tried another mag type it may not hurt.

DROSed order #302X today after work, 1 short action and 1 long action.

Both bolts operated smooth but with a little more effort than expected, but that might be because I was holding the action rather than them being bolted into a stock. All 4 bolt heads and extractors looked great, all the machining looked great overall. Bolt releases turned easily by fingertip, but the detents are firm enough not to rotate accidentally-- and it won't rotate unless the bolt is all the way back anyways.

As others have said, the actions are slathered in oil and some grease... They'll need cleaning before use.

Just need my 223AI barrel from PVA now to get the short action up and running. Hopefully the accurate 223 mags I already have run OK, if not I'll modify ruger 223 mags.

Last edited:
Taz, have you tried other mags? I’ve got 4 accurate mags for mine. One of those mags binds the bolt when pushed up. The others don’t.

There’s a lot of variables that play into this of course but if you haven’t tried another mag type it may not hurt.

I have been meaning to try an accurate mag, but haven't yet. I'll have to get one rounded up soon. I have tried two different ARC mags and the magpul aics that came with the chassis.

I tried searching via google, but came up with nothing. What's everyone using for a bore guide with their Nucleus?

I can't remember what I have, but a quality boreguide will work as with any other.

Order 300X should be arriving next Friday. 2 short actions, std bolt face and a 223 and 224VALKYRIE bolt face.

Delayed receiving notification on the order due to a new phone/email snafu.

Reactions: hereinaz
Finally done for the most part. Still waiting for my Rockcreek barrel but it’s still a ways out. Had some issues with getting it but it’s all good. I had this backup we Barloc’d on. To the range in the morning.

Attachments

• 9AA37062-B86C-4A08-9B6F-309C1A9D8DEE.jpeg
    9AA37062-B86C-4A08-9B6F-309C1A9D8DEE.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 4485E00D-585C-457E-9A97-6A1D0D8A9806.jpeg
    4485E00D-585C-457E-9A97-6A1D0D8A9806.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 0C07CF63-0439-4B00-A930-B31C93E580EC.jpeg
    0C07CF63-0439-4B00-A930-B31C93E580EC.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 1406C991-288B-42DE-9229-C1DD6FA6C401.jpeg
    1406C991-288B-42DE-9229-C1DD6FA6C401.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 69
I am looking for a Nuke SA.

Also, build my LA Nuke in 7 rem mag and it shot like a dream.

What's everyone running for mags when it comes to PRS style competition? I'll be running 6.5 creedmoor and potentially going with 6x47lapua in the future and would like a mag that is compatible with both. Any recommendations? Also, when it comes to MDT and Accurate Mags, are the no binder plate versions reliable enough for competition use with a Nucleus?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

I run a magpul AICS mag and have had no problems yet. I'm not getting control round feed though and it's not the smoothest action but oh well.

Reactions: stereo.pete
The binder plate doesn’t affect reliability in my opinion unless you’re using them in an action that isn’t setup to feed the longer oal cartridges. Then you run into issues with the bullet ogive catching on the feed ramp.

I am running ARC mags and haven't had an issue related to the action, just dirty ARC mag issues. The MDT no binder plate mags have been flawless for me also in my limited testing so far.

I had to trim the MDT mag’s feedlips to get them to cycle 223 reliably. The mag was holding onto the rounds for too long and causing hangups. I don’t think I’m getting complete CRF but it works great in all orientations when you cycle it fast.

-Kirby

Reactions: MarkLeupold

I’m getting occasional hang ups if I work the action slowly, this video does a good job showing a misfeed, and a nice quick cycling afterwards.

-Kirby

Yup. Good videos.

That is typical given design factors. My 6xc I cut feed lips back on my magpul so the shoulder of the round below pushed up the round. Still need to tune the extractor to get 100% control round feeding.

My 7 mag control round feed from the get go out of my AICS mag. By the way, single round feeding a 7 mag in the Nucleus isna pain, cause you gotta snap the extractor over the rim. Way more effort than the 6xc.

Reactions: Afkirby
Yup. Good videos.

That is typical given design factors. My 6xc I cut feed lips back on my magpul so the shoulder of the round below pushed up the round. Still need to tune the extractor to get 100% control round feeding.

My 7 mag control round feed from the get go out of my AICS mag. By the way, single round feeding a 7 mag in the Nucleus isna pain, cause you gotta snap the extractor over the rim. Way more effort than the 6xc.

I’m not sure if it’ll be worth it to try to tune the 223 for perfect CRF, with the smaller case head I’d imagine it may be more difficult to get it to slide underneath the extractor.

Reactions: hereinaz
Welp, went ahead and done it. Put in my order. (October 15th)

- Order 751*
- L/A RH magnum

That didn't take long. I just got my invoice and paid the remainder, had FFL info sent to ARC, etc... 1 month on the mark.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Does ARC email the purchaser the shipping/tracking info so I know when it's at the FFL?