• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus Orders

I have nearly 500 rounds through mine. No issues with light primer strikes. I am running a Bix’n Andy TacSport 2 stage. Also using Federal GM primers.

Reactions: MarkLeupold
What all did you order? I'm guessing you'll get a notification any day now.. What's your order number?

Sounds like I'm the last one to get in under the wire. I am #3011. Ordered a Nucleus, extra bolt head, and Barloc.

At least everyone else can test it out for me and tell me what I need to be aware of!

With a delivery for order # 2772, hopefully mine will not be too much later. I checked their website & it still shows a 4 month delivery estimate for new orders (and that was as of July, & we are now two months later). I am sure it will be worth the wait, based on other's comments from personal experience.

“The Eagle has landed” aka “The Nucleus has arrived”. However I am on my way to a Archery Bull Elk hunt in Az and won’t have it in hand until after the 25th sometime. That’s ok though, doesn’t get much better than chasing big bugling bulls with meat missles during the rut.

Last edited:
“The Eagle has landed” aka “The Nucleus has arrived”. However I am on my way to a Archery Bull Elk hunt in Az and won’t have it in hand until after the 25th sometime. That’s ok though, doesn’t get much better than chasing big bugling bulls with meat missles during the rut.

You’ll love the action. I just got mine last Friday.
Good luck with the hunt. I love archery hunting.

Reactions: jgs8163
just need a barrel from PVA and it turns out the secondhand Timney CE is missing a sear so it’s going back for a tuneup. Otherwise I’m making progress

Attachments

• 5B643B39-01CC-4996-880C-AE4F5AC5635C.jpeg
    5B643B39-01CC-4996-880C-AE4F5AC5635C.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: TheMammoth
Who the hell sold you a trigger missing the sear??

I messaged the guy about it but I doubt he’ll get back to me, only one post so I’m assuming he isn’t checking his messages regularly. Timney is already taking care of me though. I’ve had it since February, I’ll admit this is my first Remington footprint bolt action so I didn’t notice it missing until I actually went to install it.

Reactions: Timney USA
Dumb question for those with a Nucleus and Barloc...
Does the barlok come with a 10-32 bolt? What length?

Would anyone like to take my spot inline for the nucleus action? Ordered it back in July when they announced it was up for sale again. Order #52xx, SA, right hand, .475 bolt face, 20moa rail. Figured I'd throw it out there before I cancel my order.

I picked up my LH Nucleus & barloc today. It looks and feels like a very nice action,I'll put it all together tomorrow.

Reactions: NorthWesterner
Ok i got consecutive serial numbers 23x and 23y just now, (23x was a valkyrie bolt head, 23y was ordered on 2nd day shotshow and was a .308 bolt head). I got serial number 14 ~ 2 months ago (that was a .308 bolt head). I concur with the audience here - the bolt release on the 14 was much much harder to turn than on the 23x and 23y i have here.

29xx here. Left hand long action magnum bolt face showed up at my ffl yesterday. I gotta say this thing is slick for a long action. 28 Nosler in the works. Action opening is long enough for cip mags and 195gr bergers! Very excited to put it into service.

Reactions: hereinaz
Yes it is.

Dang. Wish I knew that a month ago. I’ve got 2 on order but need a rifle built by the first week in Oct. Mine likely won’t be shipping till around that time. Guess I can cancel one and pick up another action. Still give me time to spin a barrel and work up a load.

Ok i got consecutive serial numbers 23x and 23y just now, (23x was a valkyrie bolt head, 23y was ordered on 2nd day shotshow and was a .308 bolt head). I got serial number 14 ~ 2 months ago (that was a .308 bolt head). I concur with the audience here - the bolt release on the 14 was much much harder to turn than on the 23x and 23y i have here.

My LH action is #12 and when I first tried to turn the bolt release knob it wouldn't turn -the bolt was open but not pulled back. If you pull the bolt back to the stop,the release knob can be turned very easily on mine.

My LH action is #12 and when I first tried to turn the bolt release knob it wouldn't turn -the bolt was open but not pulled back. If you pull the bolt back to the stop,the release knob can be turned very easily on mine.

Yes, i did the same on all 3 - the serial #14 was still much harder ...

29xx here. Left hand long action magnum bolt face showed up at my ffl yesterday. I gotta say this thing is slick for a long action. 28 Nosler in the works. Action opening is long enough for cip mags and 195gr bergers! Very excited to put it into service.
I am happy to see they are getting so deep into the orders, but puzzled that they skipped over me. I have an earlier order number, but have not been contacted yet. Will reach out to them and see when I can expect mine to be ready. I am glad we have forums like this to help us track these things.

Would anyone like to take my spot inline for the nucleus action? Ordered it back in July when they announced it was up for sale again. Order #52xx, SA, right hand, .475 bolt face, 20moa rail. Figured I'd throw it out there before I cancel my order.
F.Y.I. - I believe this would work for a .308 (if that helps someone out there).

I am happy to see they are getting so deep into the orders, but puzzled that they skipped over me. I have an earlier order number, but have not been contacted yet. Will reach out to them and see when I can expect mine to be ready. I am glad we have forums like this to help us track these things.
Was yours right or left handed?

Right handed 287x. Maybe skipped because they did left hand batches?

Here's a pic of the finished product. Now I just have to load some ammo,and see what it'll do.
It's a 22 Creedmoor 1-7 twist.

MS6gXa2.jpg

Just received my .223 gain twist barrel blank from Bartlein (ordered in May) and shipped it off to PVA for chambering & threading in .223AI.

Hopefully PVA gets the barrel done and ARC gets my SA RH Nucleus to me (order #302X) by early December so I can do load development over Christmas shutdown. I also have an RH long action nucleus on preorder for what will proabably be a 7 SAUM build, but I'm in no rush for the long action.

Guess I need to get the Mod 22 trigger with the AI shoe dovetail and a stock ordered so I'm not waiting for parts when the action and barrel arrives. Can't decide if I want to go with an AT or AX AICS. Since someone here verified that the Nucleus bolt knob clears the AX stock when folded I'll probably go AX.

I will be honest, nothing at all against ARC or the Nucleus but lately I've been tempted to order a TL3 or Impact... maybe it's just rifle ADD again, LOL

That's what I did. After my order in January, I started setting aside 200$ a month. I didn't have any bolt actions to shoot so I wasn't spending anything on reloading.. My plan was one I hit enough money for a mausingfield, I was going to cancel the nucleus and go that route. I got the money I needed and ended up going with an impact after molesting one for a good half hour at the gun shop. I love the nucleus and impact. For me personally I prefer the impact but I won't be getting rid of either action. The nucleus has some cool features I've never had before. It's nice to have two rifles to interchange between that are similar but still very different.

I put together a 22BR on a TL3 for a friend... really like how smooth that action is and it's been 100% reliable with the little 22BR out of AI and Magpul AICS mags. His TL3 is AW cut and also runs 22BR out of my AW mags with the HRD mag kits. I also like the mechanical ejection.

I'm sticking with the Nucleus because of the 72 degree bolt rotation... I have an AT and and AX that I shoot frequently plus a Tikka in 223AI (that the nucleus will be replacing) and I'm now very used to the shorter bolt rotation of those three rifles. If I shoots my friend's TL3 it feels a little odd with the 90 degree bolt rotation.

Hopefully everything shows up by the middle of December, looking forward to getting it together and getting some loads worked up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ericsl2
I ordered right-handed. Maybe like some others mentioned, they did a batch of lefties. Hopefully mine comes soon; I am getting excited. Let us know how yours works for you, if you don't mind.
Of cours I will let ya know how it works out. WIll be another 3-4 months for my chassis to arrive. 28 nosler build will be a long haul.

Dang. Wish I knew that a month ago. I’ve got 2 on order but need a rifle built by the first week in Oct. Mine likely won’t be shipping till around that time. Guess I can cancel one and pick up another action. Still give me time to spin a barrel and work up a load.
I was in the same position. But got lucky and found someone on here that was selling their new Nucleus. So I pulled the trigger. Should be delivered to my gun builder by Wednesday. Good luck man hope you get something figured out.

I have 2 RH SA actions coming in on Tuesday. Already have a tenacity and an origin, with a black bear coming in on Wednesday. Considering trying to get a long action atlas tactical so might be willing to sell one of the nucleus actions depending on how I like it compared to the black bear/origin/tenacity/etc.

Got my lefty Nucleus Thursday, through it together and got a preliminary load Friday. Found something that would work, loaded Friday night and went to a match Saturday. I'm very impressed with the action and PVA barrel setup overall! I did have a few hang/no fires (6XC Alpha SR brass) so I ordered a 19# spring. Not a huge deal as I only had 2 not fire of my ~80 rounds at the match.

I have 2 RH SA actions coming in on Tuesday. Already have a tenacity and an origin, with a black bear coming in on Wednesday. Considering trying to get a long action atlas tactical so might be willing to sell one of the nucleus actions depending on how I like it compared to the black bear/origin/tenacity/etc.

I appreciate it, but I’ll likely just order an Impact or another Deviant.

For those of you keeping track, the last confirmed order number for a shipped right-handed short action is #2854.

So why do so many of you put X's in your order number? Mine is 2900, so hopefully it'll be any day now.

Reactions: b6graham
For those of you keeping track, the last confirmed order number for a shipped right-handed short action is #2854.

So why do so many of you put X's in your order number? Mine is 2900, so hopefully it'll be any day now.

Only paid for. No shipping notification yet, but should be soon.