• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV and thermal kills...

I’ve been out of the loop mostly due to work and a very close family member’s decline and passing from cancer. I finally have been able to get out a little bit recently. I picked up a rare breed trigger and this video is actually the first time I fired it so I didn’t quite have the hang of it just yet.

These pigs were about 50 yards away. I wanted to get at least another 20 yards closer but the guard sow and a smaller pig kept working back and forth away from the group and headed up in my direction so I shot her first. IMHO full auto doesn’t have a ton of practical use but cutting down on a tight group of pigs feeding is one where it very well may shine. Normally in that 1-1.5 seconds after that first shot the group bolts. If they are in cover or near cover (as most often times in my area they are), you will only get 1-3 pigs before they are gone. Even just this first run with the FRT I put over doubt that down. Ones down in the immediate area pictured below. Also had 3 good blood trails headed back into the beaverdam swampy bottoms. The big guard sow was preggers with 6 piglets too, so add that to the count as well.

I do have a transferable MG in transfer I plan on using for this role later on. I took 5 small sized pig targets to the range and laid them out side by side like they were feeding and worked them back and forth in short bursts maybe 10-12 times at 50 yards. Every pass had at least 4/5 pigs hit with a bullet somewhere. While it may not be fatal immediately, it certainly slows them down enough to be able to pick them off after the initial run.

1B4B3E3E-1747-47E8-9467-C028C21CAFE3.jpeg
1559A3FB-20C2-4578-A01F-02CC0688CB83.jpeg
DC487390-F0B4-4ADA-8E5F-1C49B69D464B.jpeg
640AE9AC-FD75-4191-A6CB-3F069B7DA698.jpeg
BF5D0E13-A710-4B00-8ECA-2F5D4C0D2963.jpeg

Last edited:
Long exposure pics with the iphone. I didn’t use a tripod so they’re a bit blurred.

Old man shot and missed this coon at 148y at a deer feeder. He sent another 155 hybrid and dropped him at 180y (ish). My old man can’t hit anything when it’s sitting still but on the run he’s aces. I’ve seen him kill running elk at 650y sitting Indian style. He likes to remind me.

Pics

BB835B13-073A-41B2-B26E-0E8920B63100.jpeg
BA092CDE-E966-4843-B0DF-0D8925945E79.jpeg
B9C04DAD-80CB-4819-8643-071B1BD0CD0A.jpeg

“Son, that equipment is incredible.” Keep in mind he just figured out the internet a few years ago.

Last edited:
Long exposure pics with the iphone. I didn’t use a tripod so they’re a bit blurred.

Old man shot and missed this coon at 148y at a deer feeder. He sent another 155 hybrid and dropped him at 180y (ish). My old man can’t hit anything when it’s sitting still but on the run he’s aces. I’ve seen him kill running elk at 650y sitting Indian style. He likes to remind me.

Pics

View attachment 7769647
View attachment 7769646
View attachment 7769648

“Son, that equipment is incredible.” Keep in mind he just figured out the internet a few years ago.

That laugh at the end made the video
That was my friends reaction while looking through the thermal spotter.
It was his first time seeing an animal shot while using thermal and his first real thermal hunting experience.
I was going to let it get closer, but he was starting to fidget around as it turned and headed towards us.
He wanted the skull, maybe next time.

Reactions: TACC
Yes .. it a Big O'l , Old shool pvs-9 , but it finds, and sucks-in every stray light proton floating around at night .
New to nv, I haven’t seen one of those before. Pretty wild looking. How does it attach to the gun/scope?

So what is actually bearing all the weight on that? The scope itself or the sphur Mount?

The Ring Cap and mount set-up, take majority of the bearing weight . When you take off the top of Ring and replace with SIMRAD mount ring . Your Top-Cap of the scope Ring with the Badger Ord. ring set . Flips under Rear of SIMRAD mount ring cap . So your scopes tube body does do some small percentage with support of PVS-9 .
Once you get working with, and get some field hours behind the whole set-up . You gain confidence and find that it is pretty solid design and proven to work well .

-
20190707_190552-jpg.7602356

-

I never get notifications for this thread. It must sense that I'm a loser and avoids me. I hate having to scroll up 1/2 a page and retro-like a bunch of stuff I've never seen.

Anyway, here's another shitty video. Shoulder is done, so I'll be hunting a lot less this winter.

Lots of good pig hunting in SW Ga. Glad you made it down.

For sure it is. I really like the area, Americus is a cool little town and the guide outfit is phenomenal. Probably a good thing I’m not closer, I’d spend way more than I should on hunts lol

Thank you. We stayed in Americus, but hunted between there and Albany. I hate the drive down but love the hunting in the area
I quail hunt in Albany (matter of fact, about a week out from another trip) and deer hunt on my buddy's land in Butler just NE of Americus. Love that area too.

Headshot at about 150, we had about 8 talking to us within a 1/4 mile but stayed in the woods. Lots of activity last night. Helmet thermal to scan and I saw more than all 3 others combined (DTNVS, rifle mounted thermal and night scope). PVS30 retubed by Jay made the job easy
52A6C4AE-A57C-48C4-A91D-4352660D9A79.jpeg

4C060BF6-8B88-4134-AD5B-1801056B0BD8.jpeg
294272C5-C805-4DF7-81D9-3699FC36C4F6.png

Was calling in this group that looked like 2 balled up when we got the field and this other little basted snuck up on us. Took him at 60 yards barking and didn’t get a shot on the pack. Have to let that field rest for a minute lol